Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

Main Street Gambling forums, online sportsbooks, players talk, sports talk, offshore betting, poker, off-topic, etc!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-15-2017, 01:30 PM
SharpTORONTO SharpTORONTO is offline
Canadian Troublemaker
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,036
Rewards: 28,820
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2546
Likes (Received): 2540
Why MrHotpicks Disappeared....

Quite a few people have been asking where Hotpicks has been over the last several months. Well, myself and I’m sure a few others have a pretty good idea why this shithead went into hiding.

Let me start by saying I always knew this guy lied about what he had in play every days across all sports. He’d post over $3k a day across all sports at the very minimum. And, whenever he owed money to me in the past, he’d send it to me from someone else’s account with the excuse that his paypal got hacked. All red flags, I know. This is why I’m partly to blame for the situation I’ve found myself in – trusting a total dickhead to come good on his word and make payment for debt owed.

Around NBA playoffs time, I told him I’d book him, so, he started sending me plays – we agreed to settle up at 2k (then re-start) or after MLB season. After being warned by one or two people on the site about him, I decided to cut off the whole booking thing with him – with him being down around 1k (it’s around $820 now after a Yanks/Jays season long bet).

Over the last few weeks, I’ve been emailing him to make sure he’s aware that he owes me money – but, low and behold, he’s not responding. He’s simply ignoring everything I’m sending his way. I know he’s around because he’s scoring the CM book, but, he clearly has ZERO intention of making good on his word. I tried to handle this off the site over email, but, to no avail.

At the end of the day, this is a guy who would make fun of people for not entering paid contests, not placing “real” wagers, and he’d comment on threads where he suspected people were making fake bets. I can tell you this, the wagers he made with me were 1/10th of the volume he posted to CM. He’s a lying, pretending piece of shit that should never be trusted again.

I know me posting this essentially forfeits any chance I have of getting the money, but, I don’t really care. If he never posts again, it'll be worth the ~$900 USD I'm losing out on.

I don’t hold the site, the mods or Dr. Jack to any responsibility here – this is 100% on me and my lapse in judgement.

Mods, if you’re going to delete this, please leave it up for at least a few days. The main goal of this thread is to make sure no one makes the same mistake I did.
__________________
Like my uncle Les used to say "When the money is gone, it's time to move on" - Worm

Last edited by SharpTORONTO; 09-15-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Seattle Irish Seattle Irish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BOS>ATL>CHI>SEATTLE
Posts: 47,611
Rewards: 20,370
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2221
Likes (Received): 5204
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-15-2017, 01:44 PM
Seanie Mac Seanie Mac is offline
Processing.....
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wentzylvania
Posts: 43,465
Rewards: 1,362
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 763
Likes (Received): 1668
I think you have a better chance of getting paid now, you def weren't getting paid before anyway. I think he will make good on it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-15-2017, 01:44 PM
chibob chibob is offline
cappersmall VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20,876
Rewards: 600
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2133
Likes (Received): 7468
you mean the guy who was calling me out for not playing in money contest and If I am not mistaken, accused me of welshing?

That guy?

Shocker
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Dr Natty Dr Natty is offline
Recovering Town Drunk
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 21,623
Rewards: 9,450
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1244
Likes (Received): 5754
Not sure that is the only reason. The welch owes me 4000 since may on baseball. Only impressive part was how he managed to turn a $300 loss into $4000 in ma matter of two weeks. I have repeatedly tried to work out something with him and all he does is lie and give excuse after excuse.

Red flags were everywhere, but I extended him 3k credit. He has yet to pay a dime. I offered payment plans he agreed to, and fucker never even tried to make a payment. At work now and on phone, will add more details tonight.

But word of advice to Cappersmall, fucker is not to be trusted.
__________________
MLB Wins COntest
Go Gators
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Seanie Mac Seanie Mac is offline
Processing.....
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wentzylvania
Posts: 43,465
Rewards: 1,362
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 763
Likes (Received): 1668
damn credit is going around like that here on the low-low?

I'll take some of this free credit going on thx in advance
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-15-2017, 02:01 PM
Seattle Irish Seattle Irish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BOS>ATL>CHI>SEATTLE
Posts: 47,611
Rewards: 20,370
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2221
Likes (Received): 5204
he was on twitter recently complaining about games it looked like he was gambling on and of course, losing his mind on the Redskins!
__________________
Likes skidmarkymark liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-15-2017, 02:02 PM
Roma Roma is offline
the straightshooter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wherein one correctly applies the Red Pill
Posts: 68,348
Rewards: 98,314
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5322
Likes (Received): 6553
well, wow

Wasnt aware he owed Natty too

I know it sucks, and ive overreacted much worse for much less in the same fashion

Of course HP embellishes everything, including his action, and yes he has a history of doing this to other members a few years back as well but he def adds to the site.

With the pure volume of his posting you know some at least is going to be valuable.

I dont mean posting of his wagers or fake wagers, I mean just info on various sports (mostly NFL). For example he might start a thread about a particular matchup, that then attracts others to post about that game.

He lived and breathed CM, was a posting machine here 20 hours of the day usualoly, and its hard to replace that sort of effort

I didnt even get along with him usually but I know without him theres a void there.

Im not downplaying the cash owed, he needs to pay or make an arrangement. Im not saying lets give him a pass so he can post random stuff I think helps me win wagers. He pays up and comes back, its natural he will get shamed by posters,and thats ok.

I am however saying I hope this gets worked out for all involved so he can come back. Just my 2 cents.
__________________
Likes PPM, mark12, xxxFTWxxx, SCFAN liked this post
http://stuffin.space/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Seanie Mac Seanie Mac is offline
Processing.....
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wentzylvania
Posts: 43,465
Rewards: 1,362
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 763
Likes (Received): 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I know it sucks, and ive overreacted much worse for much less in the same fashion
facts
__________________
Likes xxxFTWxxx liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Seattle Irish Seattle Irish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BOS>ATL>CHI>SEATTLE
Posts: 47,611
Rewards: 20,370
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2221
Likes (Received): 5204
these are the kinds of things that will NEVER go away in people's minds. I am sure lots of CM posters have left because of this very thing or ghosted
__________________
Likes bcbadgalz liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-15-2017, 02:54 PM
Chris46139 Chris46139 is offline
Wu Tang is 4 the children
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 20,680
Rewards: 371
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1199
Likes (Received): 2147
I stopped posting regularly because of WCI's sexual advances, not because of stiffing anyone
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-15-2017, 03:05 PM
Seattle Irish Seattle Irish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BOS>ATL>CHI>SEATTLE
Posts: 47,611
Rewards: 20,370
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2221
Likes (Received): 5204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris46139 View Post
I stopped posting regularly because of WCI's sexual advances, not because of stiffing anyone
there is one truth and one lie in this statement....only I know which is which!
__________________
Likes FalconFreak, T100 liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-15-2017, 03:19 PM
Big Pimpin Big Pimpin is offline
unbanned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Eastern Shore,Md.
Posts: 25,587
Rewards: 62,846
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 256
Likes (Received): 1640
What??????? He did it again? Yikes
__________________
Likes THE Sports PROFIT liked this post
Violence rules the day.......

Dead Souls----they keep calling me

My mind is playing tricks on me

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-15-2017, 03:20 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 30,755
Rewards: 15,968,306
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5434
Likes (Received): 9541
He lost $50 to me in June. He said he was going to pay twice but never did. Not on the same scale as the other 2 but it still pissed me off because I pay off my bets when I lose and I expect others to do the same.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-15-2017, 03:34 PM
PHILLYBIRDS20 PHILLYBIRDS20 is offline
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PHILLY
Posts: 47,195
Rewards: 45,829
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3620
Likes (Received): 6232
I owed Bob 100 on one of those stupid Cubs bets from a year ago. But I got myself in some trouble and was looking at some bad shit. And when you just get back from not paying anything for 6 months and up to your eyeballs in legal fees 100 bucks is a lot. They guy was solid and understood, If anyone ever owed me money or I owed them you cant cut off contact. Thats just a coward. Own up to it and try to make it right. Chibob is ok in my book. BTW my shit got dropped as it should have lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-15-2017, 03:38 PM
mark12 mark12 is offline
Go Astros
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Pasadena, TX
Posts: 10,526
Rewards: 33,670
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3940
Likes (Received): 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris46139 View Post
I stopped posting regularly because of WCI's sexual advances, not because of stiffing anyone
Sounds like someone was getting stiffed.
__________________
Likes PPM, FalconFreak, SPORTSPICKS2003 liked this post
2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICK 7 CHAMPION 68-29 70%
2017 NFL Pick 5 Contest 49-33 60%
2016 4th place NFL Pick 5 Contest 62%
2016 4th place NCAAF Pick 7 Contest 61%
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-15-2017, 03:46 PM
PHILLYBIRDS20 PHILLYBIRDS20 is offline
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PHILLY
Posts: 47,195
Rewards: 45,829
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3620
Likes (Received): 6232
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12 View Post
Sounds like someone was getting stiffed.
Thought that was more relevant to my post Mark lol
__________________
Likes mark12 liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-15-2017, 04:56 PM
vikesfan vikesfan is offline
CM HOF 2011
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 220,143
Rewards: 423,761
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1815
Likes (Received): 13543
seriously i believed in mhp2 i'm shocked and amazed by these revelations. never bet real money with him though .
__________________
Likes SPORTSPICKS2003 liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-15-2017, 05:02 PM
grzftbl grzftbl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montana
Posts: 11,653
Rewards: 18,962
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4121
Likes (Received): 3126
__________________
<a href=http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/MTWillie06/UNCbar.png target=_blank>http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/g...e06/UNCbar.png</a>
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-15-2017, 05:06 PM
PHILLYBIRDS20 PHILLYBIRDS20 is offline
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PHILLY
Posts: 47,195
Rewards: 45,829
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3620
Likes (Received): 6232
wonder what Pasco thinks about this thread. AUBURN KID ANY INSIGHT
__________________
Likes walk066, THE Sports PROFIT liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-15-2017, 05:06 PM
JR7302001 JR7302001 is offline
Show Me The Money!!!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 3,397
Rewards: 1,309
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 431
Likes (Received): 445
The way of the tout ...
__________________
Capping record (ytd): I suck!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-15-2017, 05:11 PM
JohnnyMapleLeaf JohnnyMapleLeaf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,745
Rewards: 2,580
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3172
Likes (Received): 5293
Wow that sucks Sharp, Natty & Wayne. Not paying debts is the worst thing ever. Hope he pays!

I always assumed he bet one less zero than posted here. Like seriously, he would be down 40k in bases and still be pounding out over 1k in bets every day. but a lot of people here and other various pizza parlour owners seem to do that, embellish their limits, and I just figured it was funny but no big deal and quite common.

Why would he get so pissed during in-games if he was betting a 1/10th of what he was posting as Sharp claims? He would fight to the death with you on a RG3>Cousins chat during a Skins in-game, but if he only had $25 on it like me, why get so pissed! lol.

We've had our ups and downs, like he has had with probably everyone it seems, but he does bring a lot to this site tho, so it sucks to hear.
__________________
Likes PHILLYBIRDS20, SPORTSPICKS2003 liked this post

Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 09-15-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-15-2017, 05:12 PM
JohnnyMapleLeaf JohnnyMapleLeaf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,745
Rewards: 2,580
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3172
Likes (Received): 5293
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYBIRDS20 View Post
wonder what Pasco thinks about this thread. AUBURN KID ANY INSIGHT
AK is busy researching local community newspaper stories for an idea for his next thread starter.
__________________
Likes sjmartin57ca, SportsLove, snapdad liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-15-2017, 05:29 PM
Keith Keith is online now
CM Hall Of Fame 2008
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Long Island
Posts: 43,900
Rewards: 36,570
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 7732
Likes (Received): 6426
I have known Fray a long time. I am not doubting what has been said here, but he has ALWAYS been an honorable guy with me.
__________________
Bluto: "What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-15-2017, 05:29 PM
PHILLYBIRDS20 PHILLYBIRDS20 is offline
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PHILLY
Posts: 47,195
Rewards: 45,829
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3620
Likes (Received): 6232
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
AK is busy researching local community newspaper stories for an idea for his next thread starter.
He is close with Pasco I would assume
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hed, hes, make, money, people

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00% Host: cappersmallweb1