Likes Likes:  0

Old 05-20-2017, 03:44 PM
Advisory Board

Rewards: 19,485
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 832
Likes (Received): 646
Why do we need clay courts?

Tennis is just like golf it is not a poor man sport..

Clay brings to mind the poor spanish/central/south american countries who cannot afford concrete...they play on the floor they live in...bull hockey...

Clay is unsafe, in fact it is the only time of the year in Tennis in which they have a "season"...where they all have to focus on that style of play...

I understand golf is played on different types of grass and football is played on carpet and grass (which by the way they have just about eliminated artificial turf in its original form)

It is entertaining I guess but clay slows the ball down and they have long rallies which I guess is fun for the first 4 returns....the game has evolved...now it is boring until you see the your player go over and call for a trainer every set...locking your ankle to slide is a skill that I am surprised more
players do not elect to skip

I get the grass argument it does not cause injuries it just changes the plane in which you have to hit the ball and it does still have value for the slice...

JMHO

If I am wrong please let me know...I am not hardcore but this is what makes me not watch the French vs the other majors

wde

Last edited by cman; 05-20-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:33 PM

Rewards: 34,300
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1127
Likes (Received): 2940
Clay is not more dangerous. To be honest it is so much easier on the body that hard courts.