Go Back   Sports Handicapping Forum > More Sports Betting > Canadian Football

Canadian Football CFL Betting & Picks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Metal Head

Rewards: 1,344
Scott Milanovich new HC for Toronto Argos

Montreal assistant head coach and offensive co-ordinator Scott Milanovich has verbally agreed to become the new head coach of the Toronto Argonauts next season.

Milanovich, who has served as the Als offensive coordinator for the last four seasons, was given permission by the Als to be interviewed for the head coaching position.

During his time with Montreal, Milanovich has led one of the most potent attacks in the Canadian Football League.

The Argos posted 397 points last season, the second lowest total in the league.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Metal Head

This is a huge deal for the Argos but it won't change a thing in their offence unless they add more tools.

I know Henry Burris doesn't give a FF (yeah, a Flying F) about Hufnagel so I can see him in an Argo uniform next season. A perfect fit. They have a top notch WR & RB. They will be competitive if this happens. Could even take the East!!!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 PM
CM HOF, Class of 2011

Rewards: 3,995
I read that in the Star this morning and think it is a good higher. However, it sounds like Burris will end up in Hamilton as they are closer to a Grey Cup then the Argos are.

I would like to see the Argos find a young QB from college, someone like the Pat White type OR Dan LeFevour. But, to be honest, I think Barker will stick with Jyles & hope Milanovich can do something with him.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:33 AM
Metal Head

just thought I'd throw this in...

"Why does the CFL continue to let the Argo's hi-jack the Grey Cup coverage every year. The ONLY head coaches that deserved any coverage yesterday are Wally Buono and to a lesser degree, Paul Lapolice. Great that the Argos have had a verbal commitment from a Coordinator who has earned a shot at the big chair, but this could easily have been announced next week. The Argos have to earn their right to be talked about at this time of year and this year they clearly DID NOT. "

--Norm Peterson
Old 11-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Metal Head

LordCC--

Glenn is not doing too bad in Hamilton. Not sure Burris could help more. They need to refine their D just like Montreal.

Since Toronto will be hosting the next Grey Cup Jyles is not the answer to bring the Argos to it. He'd be lucky to bring the team to a .500 season. A rookie QB? No, not at all--enough of that--they've tried and retried and it doesn't work. Burris on the hand can bring more impact with his experience--he knows the game and Owens would click fast with him. They have a better chance to be competitive with him at the helm.

We'll see what develops in the offseason. I'm sure the Alouettes will have close to a dozen transactions from trades/retirements/free agency. Maybe Milanovitch will get one or two of those instead of Bellefeuille.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:33 AM

Rewards: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Karloff View Post
just thought I'd throw this in...

"Why does the CFL continue to let the Argo's hi-jack the Grey Cup coverage every year. The ONLY head coaches that deserved any coverage yesterday are Wally Buono and to a lesser degree, Paul Lapolice. Great that the Argos have had a verbal commitment from a Coordinator who has earned a shot at the big chair, but this could easily have been announced next week. The Argos have to earn their right to be talked about at this time of year and this year they clearly DID NOT. "

--Norm Peterson
Let the Argos hi-jack the Grey Cup??

The Argos didn't announce anything. They didnt have a press conference. Didn't send out any press releases. It was all speculation by sportswriters. Don't see how that is the Argos fault. All they did was ask Montreal behind the scenes for an interview.