Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > Welcome Forums > General > Stocks

Stocks Discuss stock trading, tips & the market

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 11:38 AM

Rewards: 671
Great Panther Silver Limited shares

They are buying ads on Fox Business news. At $2.17 it is getting near its 2016 high of $2.25 Commonly a breakout occurs if the price passes its high and stays above that price.

Any thoughts? Not sure myself.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ck+price+chart
Old 02-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Advisory Board

Rewards: 17,195
I do not have a good feel for it...

A major brokerage firm just shorted Expedia..any thoughts on that one?

wde
Old 02-16-2017, 07:37 PM

Rewards: 671
The silver mine stock might be going up just because of the ads or it is rising because silver price has been rising for a month. A good buy would to have bought it when I first saw the ad a month ago. If the stock is rising because silver is rising, then it will fall like a rock when silver does one of its famous crashes.

I think that all of the sites like Angie's list, Expedia, are getting shorted. These places are vulnerable to a Wal-mart or Amazon doing the job better and cheaper. The only hope for these sites is a buyout. This is 2017 so a 1999 type payoff is unlikely.

Mark Cuban started a website called Broadcast.com in 1995. He sold it to yahoo! for $10,000 per member. That is not going to happen again.

Expedia, Inc. is an American travel company that owns and operates several international global online travel brands including eponymous Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, trivago, Egencia, Venere.com,

https://www.google.com/search?q=Expe...9;s+list+stock