Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > Welcome Forums > General > Stocks

Stocks Discuss stock trading, tips & the market

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Tavon Austin

Rewards: 2,732
Nviv.ob

I usually buy stocks in the $2-$5 range, research, buy, and see if things take off. Basically like another form of carnival gambling for me. That being said, I still don't like buying these OTCBB stocks because half the shit you hear about them is just the company pumping their own tires, no assurance of the validity of any positive claims.

Stumbled across this one back in November, and at $1.09 I couldn't resist, got 4000 shares. Right now it's sitting at $2.36 and my gut tells me to chuck it because nothing out of this world usually comes from these stocks.

This is a company that has a developmental stage medical device that revolves around spinal cord injuries. They have a meeting with the FDA sometime in early April to discuss human clinical trials and I'm tempted to hold onto these, just to see if their stuff gets approved.

Any advice?
Old 02-12-2012, 02:49 PM
They Fear MightyMike

Rewards: 9,840
take some profit keep half and sell the rest
at least if it goes higher you still have some or if it crashes u got some profit

Weekly winners contest 1/25/14

Scared Money Never wins
Old 02-12-2012, 06:09 PM
pman

Rewards: 3,482
imo consider these 2 scenarios. a) sell half and you have your outlay plus $360.00 before fees. b) sell 3000 shares and you have your outlay plus a nice profit and you ride the free shares. What you also want to do is check with the SEC to see if all fillings are up to date and last but not least its an OTC name. Best wishes to you with your decision.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Sweet action

Rewards: 782
[QUOTE=Pigeon;4870458]I usually buy stocks in the $2-$5 range, research, buy, and see if things take off. Basically like another form of carnival gambling for me. That being said, I still don't like buying these OTCBB stocks because half the shit you hear about them is just the company pumping their own tires, no assurance of the validity of any positive claims.

Stumbled across this one back in November, and at $1.09 I couldn't resist, got 4000 shares. Right now it's sitting at $2.36 and my gut tells me to chuck it because nothing out of this world usually comes from these stocks.

This is a company that has a developmental stage medical device that revolves around spinal cord injuries. They have a meeting with the FDA sometime in early April to discuss human clinical trials and I'm tempted to hold onto these, just to see if their stuff gets approved.

FDA trials take a lot of money and time.
I'm invested in a company that has made it to expanded phase two trials.
2 years from the investment in the trials to the second phase.
If the drug is amazing your best hope for big money soon is a buyer who would then fund the trial...
The FDA is hell..take some profit.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Tavon Austin

Rewards: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzie View Post

FDA trials take a lot of money and time.
I'm invested in a company that has made it to expanded phase two trials.
2 years from the investment in the trials to the second phase.
If the drug is amazing your best hope for big money soon is a buyer who would then fund the trial...
The FDA is hell..take some profit.
This hit $2.66 today and I got out of 2000 shares at $2.64 for a good profit as far as my expected gains with the stocks I buy.

Bozzie, the trials are for a device rather than a drug, which apparently can speed up the process considerably. I'll hold 2000 and see what happens in the near future. Like you said though, things with the FDA take a lot of time and money, so I'm not holding my breath on this.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Sweet action

Rewards: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
This hit $2.66 today and I got out of 2000 shares at $2.64 for a good profit as far as my expected gains with the stocks I buy.

Bozzie, the trials are for a device rather than a drug, which apparently can speed up the process considerably. I'll hold 2000 and see what happens in the near future. Like you said though, things with the FDA take a lot of time and money, so I'm not holding my breath on this.
Good luck..
The one I'm on is a device as well.. Basically a inline blood filter.
Bump this up if anything interesting happens.