Notices

Stocks Discuss stock trading, tips & the market

Likes Likes:  2

Old 02-22-2017, 08:59 PM

Rewards: 36,582
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 145
Likes (Received): 156
Of course I wait on this thing for a week and the day after I enter it breaks below 18.

SQ today for me was like one of those last minute aha moments you get before kickoff of a big game that are usually spot on.. I saw they had earnings AMC and I know they are doing some really inventive stuff, of course, it was 3:45, it was already up 4% on the day and options premiums were bonkers. Playing options the minute before earnings hit is a really low percentage play anyways.

I'll probably jump in on some March expiration SQ calls tomorrow morning if the trade sets itself up for me at all. Play the second half of the earnings run.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Square Inc
NYSE: SQ - Feb 22, 7:59 PM EST
15.04USD Price increase0.41 (2.80%)
After-hours: 16.34 Price increase1.30 (8.64%)

Anyways, yeah I'm not worried about BOX for the moment. It's fairly thinly traded by today's standards and always seems to have a high short interest (although those numbers are only about as useful/reliable as public %'s in sports betting)
Old 02-23-2017, 11:40 AM

Rewards: 2,118
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 67
Thanks for the post about BOX. Definitely gonna keep my eye on this one.

Bought Facebook on a dip a few months ago and hitting an all time high yesterday.

Also, what is your current take on NVDA. Noticed their shares are down almost 10% today on news that they are overvalued (surprise, surprise). I still like this stock a ton. Do you think it is a good time to get in or maybe ride it down lower?

Also bought a position in NCMGY, Newcrest Mining. This is a gold stock. Bought this around $15 as the dollar was super high and inflation seems to be rising. Up about 20% with this one, as I liked some of their fundamentals better than some of the other miners.

Also following some of the other industrial metal stocks as these typically follow gold's patterns. Also looking into some emerging markets as these are outperforming the US markets for the year. Looks like Europe may finally be bouncing back? Thoughts?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDude View Post
Thanks for the post about BOX. Definitely gonna keep my eye on this one.

Bought Facebook on a dip a few months ago and hitting an all time high yesterday.

Also, what is your current take on NVDA. Noticed their shares are down almost 10% today on news that they are overvalued (surprise, surprise). I still like this stock a ton. Do you think it is a good time to get in or maybe ride it down lower?

Also bought a position in NCMGY, Newcrest Mining. This is a gold stock. Bought this around $15 as the dollar was super high and inflation seems to be rising. Up about 20% with this one, as I liked some of their fundamentals better than some of the other miners.

Also following some of the other industrial metal stocks as these typically follow gold's patterns. Also looking into some emerging markets as these are outperforming the US markets for the year. Looks like Europe may finally be bouncing back? Thoughts?
I've done well on FB lately too. Nice run it had and I think it sees 150-160 in 2017.

Love NVDA. Expensive stock, probably moves sideways for the foreseeable future though. Love it long term, but upside in short/medium term is a little limited. I'd buy at 100 but sell if it hits 120-125 again. Also want to wait for the a potential string of red days to end before you buy.

I never know what to make of commodity related stocks. I'm happy to have whatever is in my Vanguard index funds but haven't really been successful trying to actively trade them. Prefer to follow tech really closely and try to avoid most of the rest of the market.

Last edited by capainter; 02-23-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:54 AM

Post Thanks / Like
I like how BOX is setting up. Probably finish off my position today at a small discount.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:35 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Looks like I'll be bagholding for a while on this one and taking some losses on the March stuff (luckily I went less on those than originally planned). Earnings were okay but the market did not like apparently.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:07 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Also looks like a good entry point to NVDA with the recent sell off in tech
Old 03-17-2017, 01:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Snapped up some TSLA June 200's puts, stock at 264

Seems like it's ready to cycle down, strange upward movement on the news of additional shares and debt