Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > More Sports Forums > Golf Forum

Golf Forum Golf betting, golf talk, golf picks. Anything golf goes here!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By rda21
  • 1 Post By 3PtShooter
  • 3 Post By rda21
  • 1 Post By peave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2016, 02:01 PM
HOF 08 CHARTER MEMBER

Rewards: 386,913
hockey 2017 Invitational H2H Contest Rules

This will be an Invitational Head 2 Head PGA Contest.~~~~~~ You will play a match vs one other player every week until the Contest ends.~~~~~~ The start date will be 1/5/17 and the end date will be 9/24/17~~~~~~ The entry fee is 16,000 Points....******* There will be no refunds if you drop out at any time*******If you do not post your picks any week before closing time, you will forfeit that weeks match. You can only forfeit twice, you will be dropped from the Contest on your 3rd forfeit. If your going on vacation you can pm your picks to me in advance.*******@@@@@ SPECIAL NOTE: You cannot post 3 golfers the same as your opponent that week. If you do and I catch it, I will send you a pm to change it before closing time, otherwise I will change it when I close the Contest******@@@@@......The Individual Winner will be paid 1,000 Points weekly plus any designated donations...... The BP will be used for a tie breaker only. Only Match Wins will count for the SEP. The SEP will be all entry fees, Mulligan Points and any Donations.~~~~~~ All Mulligans will be 100 Points.~~~~~~ The Contest will pay 4 places if its 11 or 12 Teams or 3 Places if its 8, 9 or 10 Teams. Ties will split the Points won.~~~~~~*** The Contest can have 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 teams.****** If there is an odd number of teams, one team will have bye each week. You will still compete for the weekly prize on your bye week******
>
>
>
Stroke Format: You pick 1 Golfer from Group A, 2 Golfers from Group B, and 1 Golfer from Group C. All Picks must be in one post. If you have a player who is a DNQ, or a WD, AFTER he plays 1 hole or more, his score stands for Rounds 2, 3, and 4..... If more than one golfer with the same name is listed in the same Group, you must designate with a first name or initial who you want. If you do not designate one, you will get the highest score with that name in Round 1 or Day 1. If a Player WDs BEFORE the Contest closes, you can replace him if posted BEFORE the Contest closes. If he is not replaced by then, I will name a replacement when I grade Round 1....If you post a DUPLICATE entry, (4 Players the same), and its caught before CLOSING time, it can be reposted...........CHECK YOUR ENTRY BEFORE POSTING IT as you cannot change it once its posted, unless you have a WD or DNP before the Contest closes.... Anyone who "tails" the same golfer, (3 golfers the same), three weeks in a row will have that entry VOIDED.
>
>
>
SCORING : The weekly Contest will pay 1000 Points for the individual leader.......The Beano Pot will ONLY count for Tie Breakers.............. Anytime a Golfer shoots -9 or better, you Win 750 Reward Points.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ MULLIGANS....Mulligans will be 100 Points for ALL Contests. You can replace 1 Golfer after the the First Round with any Golfer in the same group who shot EVEN par or worse.....If you pick a Mulligan who shot under par, I will assign one who shot par or over par. The Mulligans score will be for Rounds 2 - 3 - 4. The replaced Golfers Round 1 Score will stand for Round 1...You cannot post your Mulligan until AFTER Round 1 is finished and must post it BEFORE Round 2 starts. Once posted it cannot be changed.. In order to get a MULLIGAN, you MUST Donate 100 Points to the SEP...Your Mulligan and Points must be RECEIVED BEFORE Round 2 starts or they will be VOID. Don't wait until last minute to post...Denote your donation as "Mulligan".........NOTE: You can pick a golfer who is not listed, just be sure they are in the original field. Post your pick and if its legit, I will add it to the list. If anyone posts a golfer who is not listed in the original field, your entry and I will add it to the list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank You , Big Buck, Victor, Chris 46139, Dr Jack, Trossi, Keith, Pwherr, Upinya, Patriot Games, and Eddie James I Will Never Forget U.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2013 TDD Champion

Last edited by rda21; 12-13-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:05 PM

Rewards: 345,778
so to avoid having the 3 of the same golfers as your opponent. will we know who we play the week before ??? and whoever post 1st get 1st choice of players ,,, or is there visitor or home selection process ??
Old 12-14-2016, 05:32 PM
HOF 08 CHARTER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PtShooter View Post
so to avoid having the 3 of the same golfers as your opponent. will we know who we play the week before ??? and whoever post 1st get 1st choice of players ,,, or is there visitor or home selection process ??
>
>
Yes, I will post each weeks schedule in the weekly threads on Friday when I close the entries late Thursday night. You will know who you play every week before the 1st week starts. I used the number from the Locked In list as everyones schedule number.. You will play each person 4 times if its 9 or 10 entries...As for the 3 player rule, 1st poster gets their picks locked in. That rule was put in to keep anyone from making their match a "1 player" match.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank You , Big Buck, Victor, Chris 46139, Dr Jack, Trossi, Keith, Pwherr, Upinya, Patriot Games, and Eddie James I Will Never Forget U.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2013 TDD Champion

Old 12-14-2016, 11:21 PM

Rewards: 345,778
thanks sounds good
Old 12-14-2016, 11:47 PM
HOF 08 CHARTER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PtShooter View Post
thanks sounds good
>
>
>
This should be fun. I have only seen one H2H contest since I came here. HP2 had a H2H NCAA FB contest about 10 years ago. I can see a lot of side bets with this format.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2013 TDD Champion

Old 01-01-2017, 05:38 PM

Rewards: 79,690
Where I am supposed to post. Tourney starts thurs. Have not seen the list yet?? confused
Old 02-08-2017, 09:52 PM
HOF 08 CHARTER MEMBER

This will be an Invitational Head 2 Head PGA Contest.~~~~~~ You will play a match vs one other player every week until the Contest ends.~~~~~~ The start date will be 1/5/17 and the end date will be 9/24/17~~~~~~ The entry fee is 16,000 Points....******* There will be no refunds if you drop out at any time*******If you do not post your picks any week before closing time, you will forfeit that weeks match. You can only forfeit twice, you will be dropped from the Contest on your 3rd forfeit. If your going on vacation you can pm your picks to me in advance.*******@@@@@ SPECIAL NOTE: You cannot post 3 golfers the same as your opponent that week. If you do and I catch it, I will send you a pm to change it before closing time, otherwise I will change it when I close the Contest******@@@@@......The Individual Winner will be paid 1,000 Points weekly plus any designated donations...... The BP will be used for a tie breaker only. Only Match Wins will count for the SEP. The SEP will be all entry fees, Mulligan Points and any Donations.~~~~~~ All Mulligans will be 100 Points.~~~~~~ The Contest will pay 4 places if its 11 or 12 Teams or 3 Places if its 8, 9 or 10 Teams. Ties will split the Points won.~~~~~~*** The Contest can have 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 teams.****** If there is an odd number of teams, one team will have bye each week. You will still compete for the weekly prize on your bye week******
>
>
>
Members Pick Em Contest rule addition. I know there will be duplicate picks every week due to having 10 people pick 5 winners. As of this week, if the same two people pick the same 5 Winners 2 weeks in a row, they both will be void that week. Anyone could have a duplicate every week as long as its not with the same person
>
>
>
H2H contest rule addition. There will be a "Tank Job" rule. On most weeks Group A is 16 - 20 golfers, Group B is 36 - 40 golfers and Group C is 16 - 20 golfers. If anyone uses golfers near the bottom of the groups together, that will be considered a Tank Job. If a Match is considered a Tank Job, then both players will get a Loss. Is better to address this now than in the later weeks when it might happen

>
Stroke Format: You pick 1 Golfer from Group A, 2 Golfers from Group B, and 1 Golfer from Group C. All Picks must be in one post. If you have a player who is a DNQ, or a WD, AFTER he plays 1 hole or more, his score stands for Rounds 2, 3, and 4..... If more than one golfer with the same name is listed in the same Group, you must designate with a first name or initial who you want. If you do not designate one, you will get the highest score with that name in Round 1 or Day 1. If a Player WDs BEFORE the Contest closes, you can replace him if posted BEFORE the Contest closes. If he is not replaced by then, I will name a replacement when I grade Round 1....If you post a DUPLICATE entry, (4 Players the same), and its caught before CLOSING time, it can be reposted...........CHECK YOUR ENTRY BEFORE POSTING IT as you cannot change it once its posted, unless you have a WD or DNP before the Contest closes.... Anyone who "tails" the same golfer, (3 golfers the same), three weeks in a row will have that entry VOIDED.
>
>
>
SCORING : The weekly Contest will pay 1000 Points for the individual leader.......The Beano Pot will ONLY count for Tie Breakers.............. Anytime a Golfer shoots -9 or better, you Win 750 Reward Points.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ MULLIGANS....Mulligans will be 100 Points for ALL Contests. You can replace 1 Golfer after the the First Round with any Golfer in the same group who shot EVEN par or worse.....If you pick a Mulligan who shot under par, I will assign one who shot par or over par. The Mulligans score will be for Rounds 2 - 3 - 4. The replaced Golfers Round 1 Score will stand for Round 1...You cannot post your Mulligan until AFTER Round 1 is finished and must post it BEFORE Round 2 starts. Once posted it cannot be changed.. In order to get a MULLIGAN, you MUST Donate 100 Points to the SEP...Your Mulligan and Points must be RECEIVED BEFORE Round 2 starts or they will be VOID. Don't wait until last minute to post...Denote your donation as "Mulligan".........NOTE: You can pick a golfer who is not listed, just be sure they are in the original field. Post your pick and if its legit, I will add it to the list. If anyone posts a golfer who is not listed in the original field, your entry and I will add it to the list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2013 TDD Champion

Last edited by rda21; 02-08-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:07 AM
HOF 08 CHARTER MEMBER

>
>
>
Members Pick Em Contest rule addition. I know there will be duplicate picks every week due to having 10 people pick 5 winners. If any people pick the same 5 Winners 2 weeks in a row, the ones posting after the first post will be void that week. Anyone could have a duplicate every week as long as its not with the same person
>
>
***All Contests will close at 1:00am est on Thursday except the British Open. All Mulligans, if used that week, must be posted before 1:00am est on Friday.***
>
>
H2H contest rule addition. There will be a "Tank Job" rule. On most weeks Group A is 16 - 20 golfers, Group B is 36 - 40 golfers and Group C is 16 - 20 golfers. If anyone uses golfers near the bottom of the groups together, that will be considered a Tank Job. If a Match is considered a Tank Job, then both players will get a Loss.
>
>
>
>
>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ MULLIGANS..#####.If ALL golfers do not complete Round 1 on the first day of the tournament, there will BEANO Mulligans that week.##### If there are Mulligans they be 100 Points for ALL Contests. You can replace 1 Golfer who completes round 1 after the the First Round with any Golfer in the same group who shot EVEN par or worse.....If you pick a Mulligan who shot under par, I will assign one who shot par or over par. The Mulligans score will be for Rounds 2 - 3 - 4. The replaced Golfers Round 1 Score will stand for Round 1...You cannot post your Mulligan until AFTER Round 1 is finished and must post it BEFORE 1:00am est on Friday.. Once posted it cannot be changed.. In order to get a MULLIGAN, you MUST Donate 100 Points to the SEP...Your Mulligan and Points must be RECEIVED BEFORE 1:00am est on Friday or they will be VOID. NOTE: You can pick a golfer who is not listed, just be sure they are in the original field. Post your pick and if its legit, I will add it to the list. If anyone posts a golfer who is not listed in the original field, I will replace him when I grade Round/Day .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2013 TDD Champion