Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > Sports Handicapping Forums > Fantasy Sports

Fantasy Sports Fantasy football, fantasy baseball, fantasy basketball, fantasy hockey and more.

Like Tree11Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 10-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Recovering Town Drunk
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 20,802
Rewards: 40,442
2016 NBA Fantasy League

Wayne took rondo as a deep dark homer pick
__________________
2017 Hockey +4.05
2017 Soccer +4.05


Go Gators
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-26-2016, 09:44 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Now that I think about it, I had the 1st pick last year for the 1st time in 10 years. I got sucked in to the Anthony Davis hysteria and picked him 1st. What a fuckin mistake that was. Should have taken curry. I still got 3rd but that pick cost me.
Davis goes off for 86 fantasy points tonight. Insane!!!

Of course he doesn't go until the 9th pick this year and I passed on him at 6. If he stays healthy, that is a MAJOR steal at 9 by fuch!
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-27-2016, 01:49 PM
The Wall
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 114,288
Rewards: 213,097
I out thought myself in giannis over him at 8. It doesn't everget really matter who your starters are in this league, it is who's best 1-11. Without having a game limit at each slot. I wanted 2 big guards cause it's waaaaaay thinner than forward but it matters more about your whole team in this format. I defintely should have picked up on that before the draft but it's a little silly you can use as many games as you want. You don't even really have "starters", your just playing whoever is playing each night minus like Friday most weeks.
__________________
I only play "best bets". 1 & 2*'s are leans only to track.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-27-2016, 03:17 PM
Processing.....
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wentzylvania
Posts: 43,054
Rewards: 32,265
Yea you dumb
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-27-2016, 04:06 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
There will be plenty of nights during the season when you cannot play everybody. That is when you lean on your starters because you will play them in all 82 games if possible. The bench guys will not get as many starts.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Thx PWHERR for avatar lol
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chicago, Indiana
Posts: 7,171
Rewards: 9,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhotpicks2 View Post
I out thought myself in giannis over him at 8. It doesn't everget really matter who your starters are in this league, it is who's best 1-11. Without having a game limit at each slot. I wanted 2 big guards cause it's waaaaaay thinner than forward but it matters more about your whole team in this format. I defintely should have picked up on that before the draft but it's a little silly you can use as many games as you want. You don't even really have "starters", your just playing whoever is playing each night minus like Friday most weeks.
So you saying drafting best available would of been the best option?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuchmylife View Post
So you saying drafting best available would of been the best option?
Isn't that what we all did?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-27-2016, 08:01 PM
The Wall
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 114,288
Rewards: 213,097
Yes fuch and no it isn't what you always do. Guard is paper thin compared to forward. In a league where your limited to 82 per slot this comes into play and hoe you draft means everything.

And Friday and Wednesday will be the only 2 days most weeks that all 6 of your best will go. So that's about 48 of 170 nights
__________________
I only play "best bets". 1 & 2*'s are leans only to track.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-27-2016, 08:11 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
I have 4 players tonight and I could not fit one in to my lineup. I always draft this league based on best available. I like to have equal amount at each position though. Usually 3 C slots and 4-5 G-F
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-27-2016, 08:13 PM
Thx PWHERR for avatar lol
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chicago, Indiana
Posts: 7,171
Rewards: 9,738
There were moments I went with best available, and moments I knew I had to get another guard it makes sense, chances of your entire squad playing and forcing a decision in this league shouldnt be high though- the question will be round 7-12 on a SG/SF or F eligible scrub due for a big day lol
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-27-2016, 08:15 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
mhp, you are going to play your top 6 in 82 games each. Doesn't mean they will be on the same night but you will max each of them out. You will not hit 82 with any bench player and many will be well below 82, unless one has a bust out year and you do play him in every game.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuchmylife View Post
There were moments I went with best available, and moments I knew I had to get another guard it makes sense, chances of your entire squad playing and forcing a decision in this league shouldnt be high though- the question will be round 7-12 on a SG/SF or F eligible scrub due for a big day lol
MHP was right though, you need a solid lineup top to bottom to win.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-27-2016, 08:24 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
I need Wall to go nuts in the 4th at Atlanta. lol
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
Mhp, you quit already, 4 weeks in to a 6 month season? Or do you just forget to set your lineup?
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
Forget it, I see it was just last night you forgot. My bad.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 01-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Thx PWHERR for avatar lol
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chicago, Indiana
Posts: 7,171
Rewards: 9,738
Hi.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Processing.....
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wentzylvania
Posts: 43,054
Rewards: 32,265
whoever king of north is, should be banned seriously

offers me embiid and Crawford for Jabari Parker and Schroeder

get the fuck outta here.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Processing.....
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wentzylvania
Posts: 43,054
Rewards: 32,265
but I am open for business if anyone has some real legit offers
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-27-2017, 10:22 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
He is testing your Philly fandom
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-27-2017, 10:23 PM
Processing.....
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wentzylvania
Posts: 43,054
Rewards: 32,265
Jamal Crawford is what made me mad, didn't even know he was still in the league
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-27-2017, 10:25 PM
Processing.....
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wentzylvania
Posts: 43,054
Rewards: 32,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Natty View Post
Will do some $50 side bets on most points, will take 3

Wonder if Natty remembers his side bets, him and Be mailed it in right after the draft
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-30-2017, 02:27 PM
Thx PWHERR for avatar lol
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chicago, Indiana
Posts: 7,171
Rewards: 9,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie Mac View Post
Jamal Crawford is what made me mad, didn't even know he was still in the league
That makes 2 of us....the fact he is roster is the scary part
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-30-2017, 05:43 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuchmylife View Post
That makes 2 of us....the fact he is roster is the scary part
I'm trying to keep you within shouting distance fuch. I was right there with you until about 3 days ago when you had a big day and I had a shitty one. You have a nice team and a much better one than you thought in this thread. Better than I thought it would be too!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-30-2017, 05:50 PM
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 55,736
Rewards: 10,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie Mac View Post
whoever king of north is, should be banned seriously

offers me embiid and Crawford for Jabari Parker and Schroeder

get the fuck outta here.
As I said earlier, I haven't checked into this league since draft night , I'm sure I'm in last since I haven't been setting my lineup, but whoever fucking fuchers is offered me Wesley Matthews and ariza for Kawaii Leonard lol. That email made my day.


It's a points league so it's a guilt free bail on my part. You're all welcome for the donation.
__________________
NFL 2015 109-56-7
NCAA 2015 22-18
NBA 2015/16 41-29-3
NCAA BB 2015/16 14-15
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-30-2017, 05:53 PM
Recalculating .....
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North America
Posts: 19,999
Rewards: 5,791,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by be47320 View Post
As I said earlier, I haven't checked into this league since draft night , I'm sure I'm in last since I haven't been setting my lineup, but whoever fucking fuchers is offered me Wesley Matthews and ariza for Kawaii Leonard lol. That email made my day.


It's a points league so it's a guilt free bail on my part. You're all welcome for the donation.
That was fuch? C'mon fuch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.