Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

Notices

Fantasy Sports Fantasy football, fantasy baseball, fantasy basketball, fantasy hockey and more.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:45 AM
Canadian Troublemaker

Rewards: 40,789
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2339
Likes (Received): 2380
MLB Fan Duel (Year Long)

Same sort of rules and what not we followed last year. We can probably roll with 5 or 6.

Declare Interest.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Canadian Troublemaker

Post Thanks / Like
This is a cut and paste of the rules (written by Natty) from last year:

Rules of contest:

1. Site will be fanduel
2. Games will be every Tuesday and Friday of regular season in which fanduel has an evening game. (No make ups for all star week)
3. Your lowest score of the year will be dropped. This allows one uh-oh. Second offense is you receive 1/2 of the lowest score played that night. 3rd offense, and each subsequent no play is a zero. If you make it all year without missing any games, you get to drop your lowest score of the year.

Looking at $250 for the season, if three people winner take all. If 4 or more, 2nd place gets money back. If somehow we get to 8 people, 2nd place will get $500.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:10 AM
The Wall

Rewards: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 7738
Likes (Received): 12650
these have gotten way out of hand. you have to set rules and more rules.

nobody can else can SUB for you , especially in the final week of the contest. or allow like 1 sub for entire season MAX or something. vacations and planned stuff need to be said up front (nobody plans vacations etc the day before) just let the league know the dates u need a sub up front. i do understand personal lives happen, that can be different but whats crazy is thats never even come up in these.

if your lineup is not IN the ACTUAL CM league that night, you get 0 (or i guess 1/2 lowest score in this case). no copy/paste or screenshots that 3/4 of the league doesn't even see counting.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:24 PM
Canadian Troublemaker

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhotpicks2 View Post
if your lineup is not IN the ACTUAL CM league that night, you get 0 (or i guess 1/2 lowest score in this case). no copy/paste or screenshots that 3/4 of the league doesn't even see counting.
I agree with this. Black and white rule.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:39 PM
Big Kahuna

Rewards: 31,725
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3829
Likes (Received): 6755
I would be in if needed. I would also share a team if someone preferred (or was mentally ill).

I don't care what the rules are but should take everything dealt with in this contest and cover those in the rules so no debate later. Saying that something "new" will always come up so common sense still has to prevail. And I will give my opinions on the few things mentioned.

I do agree that you should post in correct spot. Seems simple enough. But I think 1/2 the lowest would be or should be better than 0. No reason a mistake should destroy your team.

As far as subs - this one is tricky. Any one of us can provide someone else our login information and do this quietly. With that in mind, I honestly don't understand why we shouldn't allow subs. It's kinda the responsible thing to do. And it is a long season - why not be able to get someone tp sub your entry if they do everything the right way (posting in right place, etc)

I guess I don't understand what disadvantage the other owners are in because of subs. I have an opinion just like everyone else. Please don't give my opinion any more or less of weight than anyone else. But I would like to understand the logic of it. I get that it's a commitment but things do happen in life, some more important than others.

So bottom line I will play if needed as stated. And agree that it is a good idea to discuss these things

All contests - Follow all of the CM contests.
Auctions - Use your reward points to win all kinds of prizes.
Raffles - Use your reward points and win some great prizes in all of our drawings.

CM mobile version. Our apps are currently UNDER CONSTRUCTION but we do have a mobile version that works better than the app. On every page of the forum there is a drop-down on the bottom left of the page. Look for cappersmall look. Click it and select mobile version. To get back - do the same and click normal version.

We will be fixing apps down the road but in the meantime we hope you will find our mobile version quick and easy.

NFL Best Damn Capper
NFL Last Man Standing ATS Contest
NFL Pick 5
NFL Survivor
Big Roller Survivor
College Football Pick 7
NFL Free Survivor
NFL Bingo
Weekly Confidence Pools
Deal or No Deal
NFL DFS Contest
NFL 3 for all

Check back often as important updates coming soon. Great prizes, great fun!
Old 03-27-2017, 03:53 PM
The Wall

Rewards: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 7738
Likes (Received): 12650
subs are ok when needed , i just think it rubs the wrong way when its the final contest of the entire season with money slots up for grabs and boom somebody is out of town , like come on now, vacations and such are planned well before 1-2 days prior.

IMO , the only way to ensure is make some kind of a rule. like max 2 subs all seasons and need for a sub needs to be announced at least 7 days prior. and yes i get emergency stuff happens, i honestly do not know how to place that into a "rule" though.

Last edited by mrhotpicks2; 03-27-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Canadian Troublemaker

Post Thanks / Like
Yeah subbing is too hard to manage. Even if you limit the number of subs to 2, anyone can give anyone else their login info to put a team in if they can't make it. I dont think anyone is angle shooting with subs anyways.

Too hard to police to make sure the actual player is the one putting the team in.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:24 AM
Canadian Troublemaker

Post Thanks / Like
In the interest of getting this up and running, here are the formal rules. Then people can decide whether or not they want to be in based on these:

1. Site will be fanduel

2. Games will be every Tuesday and Friday of regular season in which fanduel has an evening game. (No make ups for all star week). The start date is Tuesday April 4th, 2017. The end date is Friday September 29th, 2017.

3. Your lowest score of the year will be dropped. This allows one uh-oh. Second offense is you receive 1/2 of the lowest score played that night. 3rd offense, and each subsequent no play is a zero. If you make it all year without missing any games, you get to drop your lowest score of the year.

4. It is your responsibility to make sure you enter the link, if you do not click on the link and enter your team is NOT VALID. The ONLY exception to this rule is if, for some reason, an imposter has joined the league and taken up a spot. IF THIS HAPPENS, you are required to enter a team in a random H2H or other contest and post the team in the thread. The team must be posted in this thread within 15 minutes after the first game goes off. If you do not do this, this will count as a 0 (i.e. - 16 minutes after the first scheduled start time counts as a zero). We will need to see the actual screenshot at some point in order to add your score to the tally. But, you have to post your team within 15 minutes of first lineup lock. Hotpicks was saying something about being able to sub out players after lock, but, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO THIS if you do not enter a team in the link in this thread. If you post a team in here because you weren't able to get them in the proper link due to it being filled, that is your lineup for the entire night.

5. Subs - there is no way to monitor or control this due to people being able to share their login info. So, the ask here is that you try to enter as many contests as you can yourself. I don't think anyone in the past has NOT entered a contest in order to gain an advantage by having someone else enter on their behalf. If a different user is entering the contest on your behalf, please post the name of that person, so there's no confusion as to whether or not they are an imposter.

6. Side bets - Any side bets will be managed by the parties involved. Including payout arrangements, etc.

Looking at $250 for the season, if three people winner take all. If 4 or more, 2nd place gets money back. If somehow we get to 8 people, 2nd place will get $500.

I hope this all makes sense. Like I said, we have to get rules on paper so people can make a decision if they want to participate. If we have 4 or more, we can go. Anything less, and we'll cancel it.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:38 PM

Rewards: 21,757
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 461
Likes (Received): 375
ill join if enough are interested...
Old 04-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Recovering Town Drunk

Rewards: 49,856
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1220
Likes (Received): 5520
MLB Fan Duel (Year Long)

I'll join if we can do a night other than Tuesday, two tuesdays a month I have meetings.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Canadian Troublemaker

Post Thanks / Like
Don't look like we have enuf anyways.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Big Kahuna

Post Thanks / Like
maybe break it up so contest over at all-star break and we either leave at two days or move to 3. wish we could have 3 available but each play in any two

i am in. we do not have at least 4?

maybe drop entry a notch. I know its late. just tossing ideas around

Raffles - Use your reward points and win some great prizes in all of our drawings.

CM mobile version. Our apps are currently UNDER CONSTRUCTION but we do have a mobile version that works better than the app. On every page of the forum there is a drop-down on the bottom left of the page. Look for cappersmall look. Click it and select mobile version. To get back - do the same and click normal version.

We will be fixing apps down the road but in the meantime we hope you will find our mobile version quick and easy.

NFL Best Damn Capper
NFL Pick 5
NFL Survivor
Big Roller Survivor
College Football Pick 7
NFL Free Survivor
NFL Bingo
Weekly Confidence Pools
Deal or No Deal
NFL DFS Contest
NFL 3 for all

Old 04-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Big Kahuna

Post Thanks / Like
My proposal. See if we can get 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpTORONTO View Post
In the interest of getting this up and running, here are the formal rules. Then people can decide whether or not they want to be in based on these:

1. Site will be fanduel

2. Games will be open every Tuesday and Friday and Sunday of regular season in which fanduel has an evening game. (No make ups for all star week). The start date is Tuesday April 4th, 2017. The end date is all-star break. Each entry must play in two of the three days available each week.

4. It is your responsibility to make sure you enter the link, if you do not click on the link and enter your team is NOT VALID. The ONLY exception to this rule is if, for some reason, an imposter has joined the league and taken up a spot. IF THIS HAPPENS, you are required to enter a team in a random H2H or other contest and post the team in the thread. The team must be posted in this thread within 15 minutes after the first game goes off. If you do not do this, this will count as a 0 (i.e. - 16 minutes after the first scheduled start time counts as a zero). We will need to see the actual screenshot at some point in order to add your score to the tally. But, you have to post your team within 15 minutes of first lineup lock. Hotpicks was saying something about being able to sub out players after lock, but, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO THIS if you do not enter a team in the link in this thread. If you post a team in here because you weren't able to get them in the proper link due to it being filled, that is your lineup for the entire night.

5. Subs - there is no way to monitor or control this due to people being able to share their login info. So, the ask here is that you try to enter as many contests as you can yourself. I don't think anyone in the past has NOT entered a contest in order to gain an advantage by having someone else enter on their behalf. If a different user is entering the contest on your behalf, please post the name of that person, so there's no confusion as to whether or not they are an imposter.

6. Side bets - Any side bets will be managed by the parties involved. Including payout arrangements, etc.

$100 for the season winners take all. More $ can be done with side bets

I hope this all makes sense. Like I said, we have to get rules on paper so people can make a decision if they want to participate. If we have 4 or more, we can go. Anything less, and we'll cancel it.
Any takers or just cause more confusion?

NFL Best Damn Capper
NFL Pick 5
NFL Survivor
Big Roller Survivor
College Football Pick 7
NFL Free Survivor
NFL Bingo
Weekly Confidence Pools
Deal or No Deal
NFL DFS Contest
NFL 3 for all

Old 04-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Big Kahuna

Post Thanks / Like
Also I am good with the $250 entry still. Just tossing another idea with the 3 days option which maybe will eliminate possible problems.

NFL Best Damn Capper
NFL Pick 5
NFL Survivor
Big Roller Survivor
College Football Pick 7
NFL Free Survivor
NFL Bingo
Weekly Confidence Pools
Deal or No Deal
NFL DFS Contest
NFL 3 for all

Old 04-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Recovering Town Drunk

Post Thanks / Like
MLB Fan Duel (Year Long)

I would not drop if allowing any 2 out of three days. I can do Tuesday, just rather not for most part.

Also run til all star break then run another one I am all for
Old 04-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Canadian Troublemaker

Post Thanks / Like
I think we need to select two days, lower the limit to 100 and do one up to ASB and one from ASB to end of season.

Only me, noles, jack and natty have confirmed. 4 isn't enough.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:15 AM
One Of These Days

Rewards: 1,510
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 376
Likes (Received): 1554
Tuesday makes the most sense because after the first couple of weeks thats the day where they play a full schedule of night games along with Friday.

Wednesdays are also full slates but there will be a lot of getaway day games on that day.

Make it $250 with 5 people we can play 4x and 1x for 2nd. $100 is fine too. I'm good with full season or split even though the ASB will cut the season around 90/70.

We can talk it out tomorrow and decide.

PEACE
Old 04-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Canadian Troublemaker

Post Thanks / Like
Natty - can you confirm if you can do Tuesday's?

If you can, then we can move forward with Noles, Jack, MCP, Natty, Sharp.

1. $200 up to All-Star Break
2. $200 from All-Star Break to End of Season
3. Tuesday's and Friday's
4. Drop Lowest Score (reset for each half) - This allows 1 miss, anything else is a 0.
5. If it's just us 5, we can be a bit liberal in the event that a lineup isn't in the proper link - basically just use common sense.
6. Settle up at FULL season's end.
7. 1st - 800, 2nd - 200

Natty - confirm you're OK with it. If not, we'll move it to Wednesday's and Friday's and be done with it.

Last edited by SharpTORONTO; 04-03-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:02 AM
One Of These Days

Post Thanks / Like
Looks like the friends mode is more flexible now and allows us to pick which days to play and not just once a week anymore. This is a big plus because FD sends out reminders everytime there is a game. And they keep score.

PEACE
Old 04-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Recovering Town Drunk

Post Thanks / Like
MLB Fan Duel (Year Long)

I will roll with Tuesday's.

I think we should not get in the drop lowest score unless everyone agrees and understands that going in.

I am fine with not dropping lowest, just everyone needs to realize long season and the commitment they are making.

I think everyone can get ahold of someone by text to remind them if close to the deadline. Noles and jack are only two I don't have, but think Mcp can get ahold of jack.

Good luck on the year everyone.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:23 AM
One Of These Days

Post Thanks / Like
Yah I say forget dropping lowest score too. FD will send reminders for the leagues as well on when to enter.

So 5 players for $200 until the all star break, Tuesdays and Friday nights?

PEACE
Old 04-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Canadian Troublemaker

Post Thanks / Like
I'm ok with not dropping lowest score.

MCP reach out to Noles to make sure he's OK with all this, and we start tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:26 AM
One Of These Days

Post Thanks / Like
I set it up for 10 players incase anyone else wants to join. It'll run Tuesdays and Fridays main slate for free and theyll keep score.

https://www.fanduel.com/leagues/1695...=mcp313&cnl=la

Everyone playing should join this link and theyll send reminders out everytime there is a game on the FD APP

PEACE

Last edited by MtrCtyPimp; 04-03-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:31 AM

Rewards: 21,757
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 461
Likes (Received): 375
MLB Fan Duel (Year Long)

Just got his invite, I fucked up Friday night in baskets lol, definitely like the reminder in the friends mode and the flexibility it has now, I'm in for 200 before and 200 after all star break...
Old 04-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Canadian Troublemaker

Post Thanks / Like
ok, we're set. GL everyone.