Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

MLB Baseball MLB Handicapping - Post your MLB picks, talk MLB betting - all baseball.

Likes Likes:  0
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Syngey Syngey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Rewards: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
How does rotisserie scoring work in fantasy baseball?

I've played fantasy sports for a long time, but this is my first year of playing fantasy baseball with a rotisserie scoring system. Can someone shed some light on this situation becuase I'm a little confused.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:34 PM
dhunter dhunter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12,809
Rewards: 2,297
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 227
Likes (Received): 364
it's based on categories and how you rank in that category

so for example, stolen bases is a category. if you have the most SBs in the league, then you get a 10. last place gets a 1.

i've never played roto myself but that is my understanding on how it works.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:47 PM
TN TITAN Fan In STL TN TITAN Fan In STL is offline
Steve Bartman 4 President
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: KC MO
Posts: 6,474
Rewards: 14,364
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 499
Likes (Received): 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhunter View Post
it's based on categories and how you rank in that category

so for example, stolen bases is a category. if you have the most SBs in the league, then you get a 10. last place gets a 1.

i've never played roto myself but that is my understanding on how it works.
Dhunters right,it also depends on how many teams in the league.this is an example from yahoo.

In a league using Rotisserie scoring, fantasy teams are ranked from first to last in each of several statistical categories. Each fantasy team receives points in each category based on how they rank in the league. Each team's category points are totaled to determined their overall rotisserie score.

The maximum number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories within a league multiplied by the number of teams in the league. Similarly, the lowest number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories multiplied by one, which is the lowest score that can be achieved in any category.

If you are in a 12-team league, the team with the most home runs will receive 12 points, the team with the second most will receive 11 points, etc. In the case of a tie, each team involved receives an average of the total points due—i.e., in the above example, if two teams were tied for first in homers, each would receive 11.5 points [(12 + 11) / 2 = 11.5].

So, if you were playing in a league with 12 teams and 12 scoring categories, the lowest point total possible is 12 [12 * 1 = 12] and the highest is 144 [12 * 12 = 144].

Rotisserie standings reflect cumulative season stats and not any single-day accumulation of stats. Your rotisserie total may rise or fall from day-to-day depending on how your rank in each category was impacted by the addition of stats from the most recently completed day.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM
fed11 fed11 is offline
Cappers Mall member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arlington, Va
Posts: 857
Rewards: 9,945
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2127
Likes (Received): 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN TITAN Fan In STL View Post

Rotisserie standings reflect cumulative season stats and not any single-day accumulation of stats. Your rotisserie total may rise or fall from day-to-day depending on how your rank in each category was impacted by the addition of stats from the most recently completed day.

It is crazy I am in a 5 x 5 league stats just pile up daily. it is just running numbers and fill in your holes with the waiver wire. this is my second year doing a roto league, Fun as hell
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 AM
TN TITAN Fan In STL TN TITAN Fan In STL is offline
Steve Bartman 4 President
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: KC MO
Posts: 6,474
Rewards: 14,364
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 499
Likes (Received): 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by fed11 View Post
It is crazy I am in a 5 x 5 league stats just pile up daily. it is just running numbers and fill in your holes with the waiver wire. this is my second year doing a roto league, Fun as hell
I like the roto format a lot more than H2H.The H2H format really depends on luck most of the time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.79% Host: cappersmallweb3