Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

MLB Baseball MLB Handicapping - Post your MLB picks, talk MLB betting - all baseball.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:19 PM

Rewards: 14,092
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 443
Likes (Received): 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
if I chose to ride you on all the dumb shit you say it would be boring

you are a huge deal in your mind

yet you are a sperg in reality Urban Dictionary: sperg

the quickest way to explain something is always right, and shows way more intelligence, than to talk shirts dumb old man
Look up the meaning of the words "shirts" the meanings of "poisoning the well" "analogy, the words "subjective" "opinion" and of course "arrogant" and "condescending", the latter two which apply to you for sure.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:21 PM
the straightshooter

Rewards: 92,594
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5233
Likes (Received): 6477
I dont deal with effeminate bullshit, you actually went off the rails first, at any challenge to your little analogy

I wasnt a dick at first just made what others agreed was a better way to describe it all
Old 03-18-2019, 02:22 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
it also happens to be a slow monday, I should be busy doing productive things
Old 03-18-2019, 02:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
value implies its worth in any given situation, its variable

and price implies the same value with a different cost

so its sort of interchangeable except, value implies that the "cost" of the choice is already built in

price makes that equation external, an extra step
I am not disagreeing with you in general but imo as it relates to the discussion here, the value aspect in at least the shirt part is the natural offshoot/variable, ie which determine he decision made by one who is contemplating buying the shirt or shirts.
Imo whatever is the right choice of words here, whether it be price, value and/or a combination of the two words, what really matters is the thought processes involved with the buyer/manager, etc in the decision he or she makes with the issue at hand when everything is considered-for me it is that simple.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
I dont deal with effeminate bullshit, you actually went off the rails first, at any challenge to your little analogy

I wasnt a dick at first just made what others agreed was a better way to describe it all
So you base the content your posts on what others believe??.
I am sure glad that I didn't wager on St. Bonaventure and Michigan because so many "others" agreed on those picks.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:37 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
that's not an analogy that correlates with this

if you are trying to explain your thought process than it matters what people think. it matters if it how well you got your point across. you don't debate in good faith you are creating tangents that don't matter
Old 03-18-2019, 02:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
it also happens to be a slow monday, I should be busy doing productive things
I assume you can multitask.
While engaging in this conversation, I am watching CNBC, my stocks to see if I should do anything in the way of trading today?
ps One thing I do give you a lot of credit for is that even though we obviously disagree on many things re: this topic- at the very least you are actually presenting a point of view on the matter unlike the other folks in here who don't have the ability to respond other than in a one liner which simply insults me without presenting their own point of view or telling me why this disagree with mine-sad but true!
Old 03-18-2019, 02:41 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
you don't deserve or are entitled to people's time. anyone can disregard your point without reason
Old 03-18-2019, 02:45 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
that's not an analogy that correlates with this

if you are trying to explain your thought process than it matters what people think. it matters if it how well you got your point across. you don't debate in good faith you are creating tangents that don't matter
I did explain it in what you would deem to be a "verbose" way.
Yet as I said in previous post you are the only one who challenged me directly on what I said, and imo you didn't answer directly either on what I said.
Also there is a fine line between one's trying to get his point across on the one hand and the persons reading it ability to think on a deep level( rather than just what surfaces on the skin) to understand it.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:48 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
well see the sperg label comes because this entire topic doesn't deserve this much energy.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:54 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
what you have there is contagious. I obviously sperged out on this topic myself lol. I just cant talk abt this anymore without being embarrassed
Old 03-18-2019, 03:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
you don't deserve or are entitled to people's time. anyone can disregard your point without reason
My previous post takes care of this.
Lets just say that I pride myself on my ability to think on many levels when it comes to lots of stuff, which many people either cannot do and/or will not do.
Yes I admit I am different and regarded as an oddball by many in the manner in which I think.
However, most of my beliefs are subjective and cannot be proven one way or the other.
People are free to disagree with them(hopefully politely), but if they don't then I would like to know PRECISELY why rather than in vague generalities which don't address my opinions or worse in name calling.
If people express an opinion to which I have a counter opinion, at times I will question their opinions POLITELY and tell them why I disagree or even ask for further clarification.
In theory anyways analogies such as the one which I presented here should be thought provoking with many people participating and a good, polite polite back and forth exchange and not insults and name calling.
Perhaps it is asking too much in a Forum like this one where the overriding intent/concern is who to bet on for a particular day, what services provide the best picks and what those picks are.
Yeah maybe all of thist is because I am a lot older than most in here, meaning I am much more concerned with things of the money than winning/losing money and/or getting my highs by winning a game/winning for the day and or the opposite.
So in summary and all fairness perhaps my topics and opinions don't sit well in many cases because for lots of reasons including my age I see the relevance of sports, gambling and topics like this one from a different perspective.
The closest sports person with whom I think I could relate,( and I have read his books and listened ro him), is Bill Lee.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
You sound just like Donald Trump with a coldhearted/meaningless response like that.
It is up to people to come up to my level and try to understand what I am saying rather than the other way around.
Just hurling direct or implied insults such as some folks did reflects badly in many ways on the folks who respond in this manner including intelligence.
ps I agree with you that these folks should simply "disregard" the post without the insults.

Last edited by savage1; 03-18-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:09 PM
WHINY CUNT

Rewards: 19,158
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5697
Likes (Received): 3627
Old 03-18-2019, 03:40 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
up to your level lol

cry moar
Old 03-18-2019, 03:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I just want to add one more thing( perhaps clarify/summarize are better choices) for now because imo it is important and it relates to the entire discussion.
From what I have read, the general feeling/impression I get is that my opinion is being dismissed/denigrated simply because the decision a manager would have to make under the proposed rule change has nothing to do with what someone buying shirt or shirts under the conditions presented.
I agree that on the most simplistic and basic level this is true.
However imo in this case and for that matter in many matters in life, the simplistic way while easy and expedient to use, it is not always the best/only way to view things.
In fact most things in life come down to decision making, which are in turn based on one's individual manner of thinking and value system as well as the subjective individual thought processes which lead to to one's rendering a decision.
The proposed baseball rule change is a very controversial one with lots of varying opinions and disagreements, all of which are based on one's own personal philosophy when it comes to baseball as well as the though processes which lead up to their conclusion.
While personally I am vehemently opposed to the rule change for reasons I have stated, the thought hit me as to what in a sense what one might compare it to in another non baseball related example.
In essence I presented it as an analogy to show how my mind works and hopefully to provoke not anger and name calling but to inspire some folks to think, present their own point of view with the analogy, ie why they agree or disagree with it and perhaps to engender some further thoughts on their matter regarding the topic.
Hope that helps re: my bringing up the analogy.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:44 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like

is this chic from the 70s or something, dont recognize

but she should be famous
Old 03-18-2019, 03:53 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
this goes for anybody, its not just for you

you crack me up man, you are 1000% aspergers
Old 03-18-2019, 04:12 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
this goes for anybody, its not just for you

you crack me up man, you are 1000% aspergers
If I really do suffer from this, judging by the definition of the term, I say that lots of folks in this forum who gamble/think of gambling related matters virtually all of the time are also afflicted with this "life threatening" ailment especially as it relates to the "restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests."
If you disagree, kindly state why.

Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's, is a developmental disorder characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests. As a milder autism spectrum disorder (ASD), it differs from other ASDs by relatively normal language and intelligence.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:27 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
autism is on a spectrum. I suspect a lot of people are mildly autistic. its Male brained, logic, without emotion. at high levels its next to impossible to even communicate what's going on in the head

see rain man
Old 03-18-2019, 04:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
autism is on a spectrum. I suspect a lot of people are mildly autistic. its Male brained, logic, without emotion. at high levels its next to impossible to even communicate what's going on in the head

see rain man
I have never been diagnosed with any form of autism and I have seen some pretty fine and well respected doctors over the years.
You certainly have a right to express an opinion as a non medical person) I assume).
Imo and as a non medical person there are a number of folks in this forum who are either addicted(or on the edge) to gambling/gambling related matters as the main overriding motivation in their lives and reason for their existence.
To be fair, I know myself very well at this stage of my life and admittedly am a compulsive person by nature in many ways as well as being argumentative.
However that is a far cry from Aspergers, which you want to peg me at, not that the term means much to me in any instance as it has no bearing on my life with which I am quite content.
And you know as all of the research indicates getting involved/debating topics such as the one here is actually beneficial and keeps my mind sharp and decreases the chances of getting some of those diminishing brain functionality diseases which one can get as they get older.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:12 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
lol, sperg is just a label, a joke, internet slang

aspergers is a real condition, lol

its just a joke bro
Old 03-18-2019, 08:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
lol, sperg is just a label, a joke, internet slang

aspergers is a real condition, lol

its just a joke bro
Thanks for clarification-I was thinking of calling up my primary care physician and find out if this "asparagus"/sperg condition is something which I should worry about in the years to come. lol

Tags
game, make, mlb, reason, speed