Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

College Football CFB Handicapping - Post your CFB picks, talk CFB betting, anything CFB.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Voice of the Voiceless

Rewards: 96,826
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1880
Likes (Received): 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman34 View Post
lol this thread is classic, I love the canes passion but man you guys are delusional. The best this program can do given the current landscape of college football is getting into the top 25 occasionally. Different game boys, other programs have emerged, improved and passed Miami by.
Your on CRACK if you don't think the CAnes can be top 10 program and compete if they higher a proven winner that has ties and knows how to recruit Miami, which is the #1 hot bed of recruiting in the country.

Bama doesn't win a Championship without Amari Cooper, FACT. FSU doesn't make it to the playoffs last year with out COOK, FACT. These are the type of players that stayed home but with a loser Temple staff, this talent has left. There are coaches out there that can easily keep this talent home and we will be back in a couple of years, FACT.

I heard this same Bullshit from guys like you and the media in the mid 90s after Pell Grant. What happened from 99-2003??? Exactly!

Last edited by whodi; 11-11-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:06 PM

Rewards: 10,031
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 593
Likes (Received): 1017
bullshit - they are leaving regardless. its a different world bro, kids are going all over the country. Facilities suck, why would Cooper pass on Bama for Miami? would love to hear this.

your absolutely crazy if you think Miami will be a top 10 program anytime soon.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 4,458
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2547
Likes (Received): 9317
In fairness all of the points that say FACT after them are perfect definitions of opinions actually.
NBA 2015/16 41-29-3
NCAA BB 2015/16 14-15
Old 11-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Fight For Glory

Rewards: 30,365
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 910
Likes (Received): 2108
Quote:
bullshit - they are leaving regardless. its a different world bro, kids are going all over the country. Facilities suck, why would Cooper pass on Bama for Miami? would love to hear this.

he can't wait to bump this thread in 2046
Old 11-11-2015, 04:29 PM

Rewards: 43,562
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 13631
Likes (Received): 24957
Miami football will be relevant again. When? Who knows but well before 2046. lol

With the right coaching, Miami can be a top 15-20 team in the next couple years.

A few solid seasons of winning will draw in more Florida high school recruits.

Will the Canes ever have teams like they did in the mid 80's Early 2000's ? ... No

lol ... No school will ... those teams were some of the best ever in NCAAF history and could have kicked ass in the NFL.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Voice of the Voiceless

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:

Cooper was actually commited to Miami and didn't want to decommit, FACT. Mother made him decommit after Bagman showed up, FACT. COOK, lol was well taken care of $$ FACT.

Clemson is like the SEC with bagman. They all of a sudden start landing and flipping 5 stars out of no where. We definitely can't do this with all eyes on us. Watkins was a CANE lock until he got paid. You really don't understand local recruiting in Miami. The street agents have taken over since we have been down and are shopping these kids to the highest bidder. Sony Michael is another great example. It's amazing how obvious this shit is down here. Usually you have to build a relationship but these kids turn on a time when the $$ comes. It's out of control down here but doesn't happen to this extreme when you have a real coach running the show.

We won't get all the talent but there is plenty of blue chip players here and we would have the pick of the litter with the right hire. Of course they are leaving, we had 2 huge coaching failures, which set this program back 10 years.

What was Bama doing the last 15 years before Saban showed up??? They always had the $$ and facilities?? So what happened all of a sudden?? Amazing what a stud coach can do.

What has Michigan done?? They have $$ and facilities and have been trash. They make a great hire and Jimmy has already turned that shit around a lot faster than I expected, which is crazy because he hasn't even really been able to bring in his own players.

Our facilities have always been subpar but that didn't stop us from winning. Yes, the landscape has definitely changed but the Talen is still loaded down here. The problem is we haven't had a REAL COACH, since 2000 after Butch left. A coach that can recruit and put a staff together changes all. Look at the Gators this year. We can go back and forth all day, the Administration finally showed they have some balls and have no doubt they are finally ready to right the wrong, epecially with DONNA who handcuffed the program and was running the show is gone. That Miami is dead, and with Golden gone and them ready to finally bring in a guy that will dominate recruiting down here and pony up, so they can bring in a top staff will change everything. You should actually go read up on Miami's new facilities. You are uneducated if you think our facilities are still trash. We have had much needed and major upgrades. Is it SEC Level?? No, but it doesn't have to be and if the facilities were that bad, so many former Studs now in the NFL along with players that never played here wouldn't be training here in the off season.

Last edited by whodi; 11-11-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:39 PM
cappersmall VIP

Rewards: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 7738
Likes (Received): 12650
just hold out guys, Mike London going to be available in 2 weeks.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Voice of the Voiceless

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by be47320 View Post
In fairness all of the points that say FACT after them are perfect definitions of opinions actually.
You are in TX, so I understand. It's a fact and did happen.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:04 PM

Rewards: 778
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3482
Likes (Received): 2538
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodi View Post
Cooper was actually commited to Miami and didn't want to decommit, FACT. Mother made him decommit after Bagman showed up, FACT. COOK, lol was well taken care of $$ FACT.

Clemson is like the SEC with bagman. They all of a sudden start landing and flipping 5 stars out of no where. We definitely can't do this with all eyes on us. Watkins was a CANE lock until he got paid. You really don't understand local recruiting in Miami. The street agents have taken over since we have been down and are shopping these kids to the highest bidder. Sony Michael is another great example. It's amazing how obvious this shit is down here. Usually you have to build a relationship but these kids turn on a time when the $$ comes. It's out of control down here but doesn't happen to this extreme when you have a real coach running the show.

We won't get all the talent but there is plenty of blue chip players here and we would have the pick of the litter with the right hire. Of course they are leaving, we had 2 huge coaching failures, which set this program back 10 years.

What was Bama doing the last 15 years before Saban showed up??? They always had the $$ and facilities?? So what happened all of a sudden?? Amazing what a stud coach can do.

What has Michigan done?? They have $$ and facilities and have been trash. They make a great hire and Jimmy has already turned that shit around a lot faster than I expected, which is crazy because he hasn't even really been able to bring in his own players.

Our facilities have always been subpar but that didn't stop us from winning. Yes, the landscape has definitely changed but the Talen is still loaded down here. The problem is we haven't had a REAL COACH, since 2000 after Butch left. A coach that can recruit and put a staff together changes all. Look at the Gators this year. We can go back and forth all day, the Administration finally showed they have some balls and have no doubt they are finally ready to right the wrong, epecially with DONNA who handcuffed the program and was running the show is gone. That Miami is dead, and with Golden gone and them ready to finally bring in a guy that will dominate recruiting down here and pony up, so they can bring in a top staff will change everything. You should actually go read up on Miami's new facilities. You are uneducated if you think our facilities are still trash. We have had much needed and major upgrades. Is it SEC Level?? No, but it doesn't have to be and if the facilities were that bad, so many former Studs now in the NFL along with players that never played here wouldn't be training here in the off season.
What did Michel cost the Dogs Whodi?

They got Herschel for a 100k plus a Trans Am.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 4,458
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2547
Likes (Received): 9317
Quote:
You are in TX, so I understand. It's a fact and did happen.
Whodi, saying a certain team would not have made it to a certain game without a certain player is an opinion, not a fact. I want to think you understand the difference between a fact and an opinion, I really do.
NCAA BB 2015/16 14-15
Old 11-11-2015, 09:25 PM

Rewards: 11,107
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 703
No dog in the fight other than being a clemson fan. Im not one to pull for the conference but a renewed Miami would help. Personally, I wouldn't want a Davis hire. I think I would be pulling more for a fresh young guy with an offense. Kids like to score. I would think a guy moving up in the ranks(smaller conference) would be a better option. It would help keep that talent in area. Then add that in a few years with Davis you would be in this same spot.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Voice of the Voiceless

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerman19 View Post
No dog in the fight other than being a clemson fan. Im not one to pull for the conference but a renewed Miami would help. Personally, I wouldn't want a Davis hire. I think I would be pulling more for a fresh young guy with an offense. Kids like to score. I would think a guy moving up in the ranks(smaller conference) would be a better option. It would help keep that talent in area. Then add that in a few years with Davis you would be in this same spot.
Unfortunately because the last 2 hires were a complete disaster Miami can't and won't hire a coach moving up in the ranks from a smaller conference. Way too risky. They need a splash type hire that is already a proven winner from a major conference and gets the local HS coaches, players, and fans excited. The next coach will have strong ties to recruiting SF, solid relationships already with HS coaches, and will have to prove they have a top notch staff in place. This has been the problem, we hired Randy, who had zero HC experience and Golden, with small success from a lower tier school and had zero ties to Miami and struggled to recruit locals because he didn't understand how to relate to the locals and struggled to build relationships down here Those are the prerequisites the next coach will have to have.

Best case would be to bring Butch back, which we can have for around 2.5 million range and bring Christobal aboard as OL/Assistant HC in waiting. They alone would clean up SF, local HC love both of them and the coaches would be directing the kids back to UM. Butch knows how to put an elite staff together and is one of not the best in the biz at talent evaluation and development of players. He built an absolute monster down 30 ships, so this would be a lot easier for him. We could pay Mario enough to come aboard and after Butch gets the train rolling again Mario would be even more groomed to take over just like Jimbo did for Bowden. Its crazy they did a poll down here and Butch received over 70% of the votes. The BUZZ would be back down here around the program again and the donors would be lining up. Butch is great st marketing the program and they already said a Butch hire alone would raise enough $$ from donors to finally build a long overdue indoor practice facility.

If not Butch it very well can be a Mario/Schiano duo.

I'm a big Herman fan but would be too risky. Good chance he ends up at South Carolina.

Charlie Strong has also expressed interest, who has great relationships with local kids and coaches from his tenure at UF and half his roster at Louisville was SF kids. Would field a solid Defense but needs a HR OC. The blowout Iowa State recently gave him did turn some BOT off and most likely the UGA job will be available and will have some affect on him because he would probably be a top candidate there as well.

Last edited by whodi; 11-12-2015 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Voice of the Voiceless

Post Thanks / Like
Update from a solid Alum who has been spot on from all previous hires before they went public. This is where Miami currently sits.

Strong is in play and I personally would love that hire. I feel confident about the hire because they want a head coach with success coaching in college as a head coach. That's what I'm being told. Coordinators and NFL guys, obviously unless Chip Kelly or Pete Caroll are in play, aren't the target.

I think that's a smart direction. I also know that at least one of the members on the search committee has had tons of success when it comes to advising and hiring home run head coaches at UM.

I personally think they land the right guy and a big hire. Now remember, Gary or myself or anyone else can't predict what happens when two parties sit down and try and negotiate a contract. That's what makes this so difficult especially for Gary. If he were to tell you guys that it's a done deal with a potential candidate and at the last second the deal falls through the board would crush him!

I also wouldn't rule out the names like Butch and Mario but those names are definitely not plan A that's for sure. I would say if those names come around as the primary targets we failed with our main objective.

As a defensive coordinator at UF he had some nasty and tough defenses that played with swagger and speed. He stole a ton of defensive recruits out of south Florida.

While at Lousiville he recruited unreal and again stole south Florida kids like hot cakes. I was also at the Champs Bowl where they embarrassed us and talked shit up and down the field and played fast and mean!

I can't imagine how nasty our defense would be again with a guy like him. That's actually why I also like Schiano. I want a defense that makes the opponents scared to death to play us.

Again, just my opinion. Tough to predict these things but I really can't see our recruiting classes ever being out of the top 10 with charlie strong as the head coach. Let's see what happens.

All I can say is be a little patient and have some faith. They are very serious about resurrecting UM football. Money is there. They are working hard to find the right guy. Give this a little time. Hope this info helps.

Last edited by whodi; 11-13-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:42 PM

Rewards: 29,759
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 550
Likes (Received): 454
Don't agree with your assessment that Clemson is buying players.Have been around this program for 40 years (and through the years of buying players),this program is squeaky clean.Dabo runs a clean program and it Pisses a lot of people off that you can do it the RIGHT way
2016 NASCAR PICKEM CHAMP
Old 11-13-2015, 09:27 PM
Voice of the Voiceless

Post Thanks / Like
We can agree to disagree but I know 100% Watkins was paid.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:21 AM

Rewards: 262
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 5
I want Butch!
Old 11-14-2015, 05:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Fuck Butch

Been there and done that.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Coach D'nof ..... UNC just hung 59 on your ass. You're fired too.

This team / program sucks Dick.

Might as well hire Pee Wee Herman to coach ... couldn't do much worse.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Voice of the Voiceless

Post Thanks / Like
Current list of today. BOT is divided on Butch. Mario is starting to develop more steam. Perfect scenerio would be a Butch/Mario team but most don't think Mario wouldn't go for it though Butch already said he would be open and fine with it. This moron Blake James really likes MIKE SHULA. I officially turn in my Cane Card if he hired this guy. Won't happen because of the uproar he would have but he is a fan of Shula. Rich Rod has just recently reached out and is now creeping into the mix. Search is starting to really heat up this week. They really want someone is place after Thanks Giving early December the latest for recruiting purposes.

Butch
Mario
Chud
Strong
Rodriguez?

Last edited by whodi; 11-16-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:34 PM
cappersmall VIP

Rewards: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 7738
Likes (Received): 12650
Quote:
We can agree to disagree but I know 100% Watkins was paid.
how do you know this?
Old 11-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Voice of the Voiceless

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhotpicks2 View Post
how do you know this?
Local ties with street agents, that give 411 when a kid is being shopped around to highest bidder. I remember when Watkins was a CANE LOCK. He never took 1 visit to Clemson, and Clemson was never in the mix. Got a call 1 week before he committed to Clemson that the Bagman just made the delivery and to expect an announcement to Clemson any day. Don't get me started on Auburn or Patrick Peterson to LSU, lol. That was so comical. PP was committed to Canes almost a year. Out of no where, his dad is offered a job in Louisana and PP decommited at US Army High School game. Tried to recommit to UM but Randy Shannon wasn't taking him back because thet $$ was already delivered and RS was hired to clean that type of shit up.

Don't care who believes me or not but recruiting SF kids is a whole different animal. Former Miramar HS coach was hand delivering top locals to WEST VIRGINIA. Dude was getting $$$$$$$$ and position on staff. Shit is so corrupt down here it's ridiculous.

Last edited by whodi; 11-16-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Fight For Glory

Rewards: 30,365
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 910
Likes (Received): 2108
Did you ever get to deliver the cash?
Old 11-17-2015, 12:07 AM
Voice of the Voiceless

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by springjk View Post
Did you ever get to deliver the cash?
Funny guy.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Voice of the Voiceless

Post Thanks / Like
Good friend with connections to BOT just text me Butch will be named New Coach of Hurricanes and recruits are already being told.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Dave in Tally

Rewards: 4,900
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1834
Likes (Received): 343
Like to see Canes go with Mark Richt. Brings instant credibility and character to the program.

My Miami guy says it's Dan Mullen's job if he accepts though