Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

College Football CFB Handicapping - Post your CFB picks, talk CFB betting, anything CFB.

Likes Likes:  6

Old 01-09-2018, 04:01 AM

Rewards: 24,644
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 492
Likes (Received): 465
Post your National Championship Game description

I posted my pick of Georgia +3.5 (Lou Holtz picks Georgia SU). Holtz's point by point handicapping on Fox and Friends was very detailed and persuasive. In the pick 4 NFL teams + NCAA Championship ATS contest. I went 3-2. At least one member described his logic; "I just wanted to be the first to pick all dogs plus points." OK, if that is your depth of reasoning, it was a winner.

At first, I bet exactly that yesterday:
Accepted Date:1/8/2018 - Wager Status:Risk:$5,250.00 (USD) To Win Amount:$5,000.00 (USD) Description: Football - NCAA - Alabama vs. Georgia - Georgia
+3 -105 * Game Notes: National Championship Game.

The President appeared. The game may have been held a few minutes; Great Pomp and Ceremony with the Presentation of the Colors. Would he give Saban a boost? Which team was helped? Then, minutes before it started, I saw the line had dropped to -3. I forget the vig. Money must have been pouring in on Georgia moving the points down. Jalen Hurts is NFL Star material.

Then I got chicken. What if Saban could pull it out? Lou Holtz could have been wrong! I did not even handicap the game properly; just trusted Lou Holtz! Auburn Tigers embarrassing defeat to Georgia left my mind completely; Tigers win handily in Ironbowl defeating the Tide? Months ago. I make an over six thousand dollar safety bet.

I am reminded of the Super Bowl reversal I posted here last year that turned a winning bet into a big loser. The whole first half all I can think is Georgia will win by 10 or more. "I did it again! I did it again!" I just pissed away a five thousand dollar payday; football is all I know and the season is ending. Then Jalen Hurts is benched for Tua Tagovailoa for 2nd Half. What is Saban doing? Hammer the final nail into my loser! Then score by score the Tide gets to 20-20 and the kicker slices another FG attempt. Aagg. I like games like Blackjack where there are two ways to win on a double down. You can draw a ten or if you get a crap card (a stiff), the dealer can bust. The Tide had just drawn a stiff. They needed OT. Blankenship nails a 46-yard FG beauty. UGA has a 3 point. Tagovailoa shows his inexperience again and gets sacked for a big loss.

It was time to use the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, the end zone"
There is one way a touchdown is only worth 6 points with no PAT. Tagovailoa proceeds to throw a 6 point TD and game over. Georgia +3.5 covers and Tide....well

$6,075.00 $4,500.00 Win
Football - 151 Alabama -2 -135 buying - for Game
First time I middled the 3 so big.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:09 PM
heading south

Rewards: 35,385
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1325
Likes (Received): 1229
people want to know why Saban has won 5 Championships in last 9 years. your in the Nat Champ game, how many HC's will pull the starting QB that is 25-2 at halftime and replace with a true freshman? he won, will be considered one of greatest coaching calls ever. to see it is one thing, to do it is another... to realize the offensive style your playing with Hurts is not going to win this game, your going to lose so lets do something different and we need to pass the football and Hurts just is not a great passer & cant throw deep ball. Hurts was 3-8 for 21 yards 1stH. Bring in Tag, the kid made a ton of mistakes (like taking that 16 yard loss with sack on 2nd to last play in game), but goes 14-24 166 yards and 3 TD's. To be in OT with a kicker who had no confidence, missed FG in 1st, missed game winning FG as time expired... 3rd and a mile and throw a 41 yard TD to win. football Gods watch over Saban
Old 01-09-2018, 12:12 PM
the straightshooter

Rewards: 111,985
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4474
Likes (Received): 5884
you didnt middle any game for 6k, youre a past posting clown

thats my post game analysis
Old 01-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Rewards: 42,743
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3460
Likes (Received): 6077
Pasco at his finest
Old 01-09-2018, 06:17 PM

Rewards: 52,193
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 12696
Likes (Received): 20587
Old 01-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 5,070,137
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4291
Likes (Received): 6138
Old 01-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Recovering Town Drunk

Rewards: 15,203
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1224
Likes (Received): 5589
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYBIRDS20 View Post
Pasco at his finest
I lean gooberage
Old 01-11-2018, 09:49 PM

Rewards: 3,094
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 152
Complete fixed. To push the total over. No hell in way that kicker missed a chip shot.

Tags
game, georgia, shalt, thou, win