Go Back   Sports Handicapping Forum > Sports Handicapping > College Football

College Football CFB Handicapping - Post your CFB picks, talk CFB betting, anything CFB.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 04:04 PM
<----My fantasy

Rewards: 3,035
Shakedown at Iowa???

Not sure if secondbase had posted anything about this, but there is a lot going on inside the Iowa football program right now. DJK, Iowa's all time leading receiver was arrested last week on drug charges and now there are swirling rumors that the coaches may have drug tested the team and several members could be suspended. That is all speculation, but I've lived in Iowa City long enough to know that usually where there is smoke, there is fire. I'm not going to say that guys are going to be suspended as it is now a rumor, but I can guarantee you that there are a bunch of guys that aren't all on the same page right now and I'm sure many just want this season to be over.

I liked Mizzou in the Insight Bowl from the start, but I came home today and hammered it at -1 because I think you will here some things come out of Iowa City in the next few days and the team chemistry is clearly not good.

Just a heads up before the line jumps. Maybe since none of this has hit the national news the line won't budge, but as someone who is local, I'm just letting you know what has been going on with Iowa football. I thought they would be half interested just being 7-5, but this is making it really ugly.

“To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.” ---Jim Valvano

Last edited by ghoopin; 12-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:13 PM
:thumbsup

Rewards: 1,183
automatic fade?
Old 12-13-2010, 04:18 PM
<----My fantasy

I wish Bisket. I'm a die hard Hawkeye fan. I like that they are cleaning the mess up, but short term, this is not going to be pretty for Iowa football.

“To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.” ---Jim Valvano
Old 12-13-2010, 04:22 PM

Rewards: 1,289
Iowa....the next drug hot spot in the USA
Old 12-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Banned

Rewards: 12,409
SB posted something was about to go down................guess he was right...

good info ghoop........
Old 12-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Steve Bartman 4 President

Rewards: 7,261
thanks for the heads up ghoopin
Old 12-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Cant Stop 85

Rewards: 363
damn....betjm took it off
Old 12-13-2010, 05:16 PM

Rewards: 105,625
tv stations are all in place outside football offices... presser shortly

ain't pretty
Old 12-13-2010, 05:16 PM
<----My fantasy

It now came off at Bookmaker as well. Word is getting out.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:36 PM
<----My fantasy

Jewell Hampton to transfer and Adam Robinson (starting RB) to miss the bowl game for refusing to follow team policy (refused a drug test is what I heard). Not sure this is the end of it, but I sure hope that is all that comes of this. At any rate, Iowa is down to 2 running backs and both are freshmen.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Cunt Worship

Rewards: 26,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Irish View Post
Iowa....the next drug hot spot in the USA
it is middle america...middle america has been a haven for drugs for some time now...think oklahoma is like the number 1 spot for meth labs in the country
Old 12-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

Rewards: 7,359
Just read about this. My Missouri -1 looks solid now. I wonder how high the line will jump?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:27 PM

Rewards: 7,845
Iowa's football team may be in very hot water. A ton of rumors and reports have been circulating today, but as of this evening things looked to have died down. Here's everything we know for sure (as of 7:41 EST).

1) In a press release today, Iowa announced that running back Jewel Hampton is transferring and fellow RB Adam Robinson is off the team for the bowl game.

2) A third RB, Brandon Wegher, is also transferring (though it's unknown whether or not this is related).

3) There will be a press conference at 10 AM (Central Time) tomorrow featuring both Coach Kirk Ferentz and Athletic Director Gary Barta.

4) Senior wide receiver Derrell Johnson-Koulianos was arrested last Tuesday in a drug bust and suspended from the team.

5) Unconfirmed rumors have been circulating all over twitter that between seven and 20 Iowa players will be suspended due to failing drug tests. Again, this is unconfirmed and is mere rumor.

6) Las Vegas Sports Books have all removed the Insight Bowl from the board, effectively halting all gambling until further information surfaces.

We'll know a lot tomorrow after the press conference. Due to the fact that both Ferentz and Barta are appearing, it seems a safe bet that there will be some big news. This is the twitter account I'd recommend you follow—@MarcMorehouse—as he's had the most accurate and updated information I've found.

Obviously, there will be more to come. Stay tuned.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:00 AM
The Crimson Fan

Rewards: 1,534
Maybe the Hawkeyes dealt Delaney some of their drugs and that is where he came up with Ledgends and Leaders for division names. News is out, however, as I can't find a line anywhere.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:46 PM
<----My fantasy

All I have to say about the new line is...............Wow are the books scared of putting up a big number in fear of the sharps getting a middle. Mizzou -3 is still very solid. I have 1st hand info that one of the bigger names on this team is maybe one of the biggest users of cocaine on the team. I know a kid that went through drug treatment that told me he has seen him at the parties he used to go to. Although sad, I'm glad to see this senior class of leadership going out the door. Good ridance.