Go Back   Sports Handicapping Forum > Sports Handicapping > NFL Football


NFL Football NFL Handicapping - Post your NFL picks, talk NFL betting, anything NFL.

Like Tree13Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Big Kahuna
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 66,170
Rewards: 3,330
Arrow 10 things we've already learned from week 1.

1. At the end of the day Aaron Rodgers is really just another Brett Favre. Maybe I will fire him up but he likes to throw in to coverage.

2. Reggie Bush will dominate and win the rushing title.

3. Bye, Bye Mark Sanchez

4. Andrew Luck second best QB in the game right now behind Peyton.

5. Welcome to Atlanta Steven Jackson.

6. Welcome to the Miami defense Brandon Weeden.

7. The Bills just don't know how to close but EJ is good.

8. Is ALex Smith the most underrated quarterback in the league?

9. OMG Christian Ponder is awful.

10. With the first pick of the 2014 draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select .....................
__________________
Jack
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 39,238
Rewards: 3,717
10. jags or steelers, and im not just talking shit to the steelr fans here, they are pathetic
__________________
nfl 2013 56-48-3

ncaa 2013 26-29-1

nba 2013 1-2

nfl 2012 41-34-4
ncaa 2012 35-18-3

nba 2012 1-1-1
cbb 2012 2-1

2013 bases 5-3-3 +2.65* (all plays to win 1*)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 17,149
Rewards: 36,439
taking the lead with a safety is a bad omen

andy Dalton continues to be a turnover machine versus good teams

Miami's new uniforms are just as ugly in week 1 as they were in the preseason
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Big Kahuna
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 66,170
Rewards: 3,330
I'm happy Miami back to Aqua. Lol. But it ain't scaring anyone.
__________________
Jack
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks 4 the memories DJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 73,880
Rewards: 38,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jack View Post
2. Reggie Bush will dominate and win the rushing title.

4. Andrew Luck second best QB in the game right now behind Peyton.
Bush wont win the rushing title , he may not even get 1000 yards rushing. in the the end the lions will pass 600 times. don't get me wrong, he will get a LOAD of all purpose yards, a ton of catches, and will be a fantasy stud, BUT he will not win the rushing title.

c'mon man. I am starting to like Luck as much as anybody outside of Colts fans of course, but to say he is already better than Rodgers, Brady, and Brees is kinda insane. He is really really good, and the clutchness he has at his age in down right scary , but he is NOT the 2nd best QB in the league right now.

11. Carolina continues to start slow, this may be the end of ron rivera very soon.
__________________
I only play the best bets (3* and up), everything under that is leans/opinions i just like to track!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Big Kahuna
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 66,170
Rewards: 3,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhotpicks2 View Post
Bush wont win the rushing title , he may not even get 1000 yards rushing. in the the end the lions will pass 600 times. don't get me wrong, he will get a LOAD of all purpose yards, a ton of catches, and will be a fantasy stud, BUT he will not win the rushing title.

c'mon man. I am starting to like Luck as much as anybody outside of Colts fans of course, but to say he is already better than Rodgers, Brady, and Brees is kinda insane. He is really really good, and the clutchness he has at his age in down right scary , but he is NOT the 2nd best QB in the league right now.

11. Carolina continues to start slow, this may be the end of ron rivera very soon.
He's not better all-time but he's as good as anyone (besides Peyton) right now is what I mean. Of course Brees, Brady & Rodgers are HOF'ers
__________________
Jack
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 6,290
Rewards: 4,387
#2 didn't see AP do his usual.
#9 needs to battle with #10's blaine gabbert.
#3 maybe be the #1 most obvious statement of the year
__________________

NFL 2013 138-142 +13.7*
NFL 2012 126-129
MLB 2012 66-71-5 +5.02*
2011 NFL 99-84-5
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Thanks 4 the memories DJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 73,880
Rewards: 38,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jack View Post
He's not better all-time but he's as good as anyone (besides Peyton) right now is what I mean. Of course Brees, Brady & Rodgers are HOF'ers
sorry man.

he is not currently better than those 3.

he is GREAT and has probably the brightest future of any young QB in the NFL (that coming from me says a LOT , lol , RG3 ) but not currently #2 in NFL.
__________________
I only play the best bets (3* and up), everything under that is leans/opinions i just like to track!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:07 PM
SMACK!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WISCONSIN
Posts: 711
Rewards: 902
EJ is not "good." Today was his debut. Any team with a defense that can contain him will shut him down. He's a rookie, no film on him yet..... He will be shutdown by mid-season.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks 4 the memories DJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 73,880
Rewards: 38,028
Pats defense is actually decent IMO , I think EJ is better than a lot think too.

shutdown mid-season? Kevin Kolb is the answer? why would a team that is likely to be 2-6 mid season use Kolb over a rookie they want to build around for the future?
__________________
I only play the best bets (3* and up), everything under that is leans/opinions i just like to track!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:18 PM
SMACK!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WISCONSIN
Posts: 711
Rewards: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhotpicks2 View Post
Pats defense is actually decent IMO , I think EJ is better than a lot think too.

shutdown mid-season? Kevin Kolb is the answer? why would a team that is likely to be 2-6 mid season use Kolb over a rookie they want to build around for the future?
Show me where I said "mid-season put Kevin Kolb in."

I am saying he's a rookie. He's got a unique style. As time goes on people can game plan him. Look at what GB is doing to Kapernick right now. They've game planned him pretty well.

On a side note, NFL needs to change the rule on the "late hit" rule to read "any player (QB included) is eligible to be smacked in the fucking face UNITL one foot has hit the chalk. Simply hitting them as they appear to be going out of bounds does not constitute a penalty.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks 4 the memories DJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 73,880
Rewards: 38,028
by shutdown I figured u meant will be on the sidelines.
__________________
I only play the best bets (3* and up), everything under that is leans/opinions i just like to track!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Straight Gun Slinger
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 13,123
Rewards: 7,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackahoCEO View Post
Show me where I said "mid-season put Kevin Kolb in."

I am saying he's a rookie. He's got a unique style. As time goes on people can game plan him. Look at what GB is doing to Kapernick right now. They've game planned him pretty well.

On a side note, NFL needs to change the rule on the "late hit" rule to read "any player (QB included) is eligible to be smacked in the fucking face UNITL one foot has hit the chalk. Simply hitting them as they appear to be going out of bounds does not constitute a penalty.
Are you comparing Kap to EJ? They don't even have the same styles.. Why will he be shut down by mid season? Acting like he is a running QB that runs wildcat...not close
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Big Kahuna
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 66,170
Rewards: 3,330
11. Colin K is making Boldin look like Jerry Rice
__________________
Jack
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks 4 the memories DJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 73,880
Rewards: 38,028
not sure GB is doing much to Kaepernick right now man ..... 16/23 238 yards 2 td
__________________
I only play the best bets (3* and up), everything under that is leans/opinions i just like to track!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks 4 the memories DJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 73,880
Rewards: 38,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jack View Post
11. Colin K is making Boldin look like Jerry Rice
or flacco just sucks that bad , which I think it is more of that. Boldin has always been really good, hell he was a top WR in the league for a while.
__________________
I only play the best bets (3* and up), everything under that is leans/opinions i just like to track!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Straight Gun Slinger
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 13,123
Rewards: 7,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jack View Post
11. Colin K is making Boldin look like Jerry Rice
Boldin is still nasty..

Colin is dirty though.. damn.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:29 PM
SMACK!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WISCONSIN
Posts: 711
Rewards: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhenry09 View Post
Are you comparing Kap to EJ? They don't even have the same styles.. Why will he be shut down by mid season? Acting like he is a running QB that runs wildcat...not close
No. I am comparing NFL organizations ability to game plan for a certain impact player. I said "as time goes on people will be able to gameplay him." In other words, with EJ you need to contain him, force him to throw into coverage. The end. Had a nice game, but definitely exposed some huge weaknesses. Which believe me. Baltimore will exploit. Denver will exploit. Miami will exploit. I would expect these kind of numbers from him mid-season.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 39,238
Rewards: 3,717
kaepernick is bitching the green bay defense, fuck their game plan
__________________
nfl 2013 56-48-3

ncaa 2013 26-29-1

nba 2013 1-2

nfl 2012 41-34-4
ncaa 2012 35-18-3

nba 2012 1-1-1
cbb 2012 2-1

2013 bases 5-3-3 +2.65* (all plays to win 1*)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:34 PM
SMACK!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WISCONSIN
Posts: 711
Rewards: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhotpicks2 View Post
not sure GB is doing much to Kaepernick right now man ..... 16/23 238 yards 2 td
Jesus. It was an example. It's much different than the 2012 playoff game. In SF. Kapernick hasn't run for 181 yds today. He's throwing. Which is good...shows maturity. He has been game planned though..... Difference with SF/GB is that SF has a defense and a running game. I hate the pack. And I live 20 mins from Lamblow.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Straight Gun Slinger
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 13,123
Rewards: 7,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackahoCEO View Post
No. I am comparing NFL organizations ability to game plan for a certain impact player. I said "as time goes on people will be able to gameplay him." In other words, with EJ you need to contain him, force him to throw into coverage. The end. Had a nice game, but definitely exposed some huge weaknesses. Which believe me. Baltimore will exploit. Denver will exploit. Miami will exploit. I would expect these kind of numbers from him mid-season.
Oh ok, got it.. So in otherwords, contain the QB and force him to throw into coverage.. That should do it by mid season, lol... I think teams try do this to every QB , every weak.

Bottom line, it was his 1st gm as NFL QB against a team that has beat the Bills 21/23 gms and almost pulled off upset. .. He will only get better
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:42 PM
SMACK!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WISCONSIN
Posts: 711
Rewards: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhenry09 View Post
Oh ok, got it.. So in otherwords, contain the QB and force him to throw into coverage.. That should do it by mid season, lol... I think teams try do this to every QB , every weak.

Bottom line, it was his 1st gm as NFL QB against a team that has beat the Bills 21/23 gms and almost pulled off upset. .. He will only get better
Well smart ass he made a lot of key plays with his feet today. Multiple times NE tricked him into throwing into what appeared to be man to man, but was double coverage.

Talk to me in 7 weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Big Kahuna
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 66,170
Rewards: 3,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackahoCEO View Post
Well smart ass he made a lot of key plays with his feet today. Multiple times NE tricked him into throwing into what appeared to be man to man, but was double coverage.

Talk to me in 7 weeks.
I don't know first NFL start against Bill B and the Patriots. I think the kid did alright. It's about winning and he didn't win but I think he has huge upside.
__________________
Jack
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 12,633
Rewards: 4,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by be47320 View Post
10. jags or steelers, and im not just talking shit to the steelr fans here, they are pathetic
I agree

Sweetleaf cursed them.
__________________
2014 Dirty Dozen Wins *
*2013 Poster of the Year
*2012-2013 NBA Capper of the Year
*2012-2013 NHL Season Long Challenge Champion
*2012 Diamond Head Classic Champion
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Stay Hungry!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 473
Rewards: 1,602
10 things we've already learned from week 1.

Jax, Steelers and Vikings all need a new QB.
__________________
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
--Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.