Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

NFL Football NFL Handicapping - Post your NFL picks, talk NFL betting, NFL odds or fantasy football.

View Poll Results: Who covers
Rams +3.5 61 54.95%
Saints -3.5 50 45.05%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Likes Likes:  5

Old 01-14-2019, 02:17 PM
risk reward

Rewards: 3,796
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1763
Likes (Received): 1342
Nfc

Pick em
Old 01-14-2019, 02:45 PM
risk reward

Post Thanks / Like
Uh oh first 6 on saints
Old 01-14-2019, 06:21 PM
:thumbsup

Rewards: 108
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 853
Likes (Received): 945
rams goy
Old 01-14-2019, 10:42 PM
risk reward

Post Thanks / Like
Dude
Old 01-18-2019, 03:26 PM
the straightshooter

Rewards: 89,091
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5164
Likes (Received): 6420
I think a lot of people saw the Saints struggle and win a close game. But in my opinion there's much more to it. The Saints can win ugly games, grinding games. Against Philly in the divisional they got down 14 in the blink of an eye, on what were somewhat lucky bounces for Philly. Philly was completely shut out after that minus the last drive that ended in an interception. Not only did they shut out the Philly offense but they completely controlled the time of possession, running it right down the throats of Philly, who have one of the best if not the best front 7s in the league. Forget stats, when push comes to shove in a do or die situation Philly is probably the hardest team to run on in fact, and the Saints did what they wanted. New Orleans is actually not a finesse team, they are a power running team.

We all came to the conclusion that the Cowboys had a very good defense, and its true they are pretty good but they may have ran out of gas starting around week 14. They gave up a lot of running yards first to the Colts, then to the Seahawks in the wild card round. Then the Rams rushed for over 200 total. I think the Saints will actually do a better job stopping the Rams rushing attack. They certainly aren't going to have two 100 yard rushers. And that's what the Rams are, a team that needs the run to set up the pass. If the running game isnt rolling, Goff isnt nearly as effective without the play action. The Saints will be the team controlling the clock too.

I like the Saints to prevail, and advance to the Super Bowl, for your sanity, maybe play the moneyline. I did
Old 01-18-2019, 10:38 PM
risk reward

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I think a lot of people saw the Saints struggle and win a close game. But in my opinion there's much more to it. The Saints can win ugly games, grinding games. Against Philly in the divisional they got down 14 in the blink of an eye, on what were somewhat lucky bounces for Philly. Philly was completely shut out after that minus the last drive that ended in an interception. Not only did they shut out the Philly offense but they completely controlled the time of possession, running it right down the throats of Philly, who have one of the best if not the best front 7s in the league. Forget stats, when push comes to shove in a do or die situation Philly is probably the hardest team to run on in fact, and the Saints did what they wanted. New Orleans is actually not a finesse team, they are a power running team.

We all came to the conclusion that the Cowboys had a very good defense, and its true they are pretty good but they may have ran out of gas starting around week 14. They gave up a lot of running yards first to the Colts, then to the Seahawks in the wild card round. Then the Rams rushed for over 200 total. I think the Saints will actually do a better job stopping the Rams rushing attack. They certainly aren't going to have two 100 yard rushers. And that's what the Rams are, a team that needs the run to set up the pass. If the running game isnt rolling, Goff isnt nearly as effective without the play action. The Saints will be the team controlling the clock too.

I like the Saints to prevail, and advance to the Super Bowl, for your sanity, maybe play the moneyline. I did
i agree
Rams looked like they were dead man walking the whole game
Old 01-18-2019, 11:35 PM
the straightshooter

Rewards: 89,091
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5164
Likes (Received): 6420
I cant tell if you are bring sarcastic

The Rams played really well against the Cowboys, I just think there was some kinks in the Cowboys defense that was just beginning to surface, that make that win look better than it is and I like how the Saints won, grinding it out. We will see.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:59 PM

Rewards: 262
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 977
Likes (Received): 626
i think jahred was being somewhat serious. i assumes he really likes saints chances as well
Old 01-19-2019, 11:53 AM
risk reward

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I cant tell if you are bring sarcastic

The Rams played really well against the Cowboys, I just think there was some kinks in the Cowboys defense that was just beginning to surface, that make that win look better than it is and I like how the Saints won, grinding it out. We will see.
You can't tell? Jesus

I feel exactly the way I said I feel. I was holding a Rams - 7 ticket for a large amount and was not comfortable the entire game can't say that anyone on the Rams sideline looked confident with the lead. Especially McVay

. Getting field goals instead of touchdowns early

Poor poor tackling from the entire defensive backfield except for Talib

People are talking about CJ Anderson getting carries as a good thing? As if he is in shape. Or as if he is even close to what a healthy girly can produce. Depth wise I see him as a plus but as a scheme? Give me a break

Cowboys were 1 score away from a Rams team who you say played really really good. I said they played good enough to beat the Cowboys.

Last edited by Jahred; 01-19-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:56 AM
risk reward

Post Thanks / Like
Ill say 45 - 35 again. Same score Saints
Old 01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
risk reward

Post Thanks / Like
Here in Los Angeles the word is the Rams wanted to draw to New Orleans more than host the Eagles.

Not sure if I truly believe that but if it's true they're going to get what they ask for

Tags
nfc, pick