Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

NBA Basketball NBA Handicapping - Post your NBA picks, talk NBA betting, anything NBA.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 16,703,161
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5458
Likes (Received): 9724
You do not have to be a MJ homer to side with Jordan, just read post 61. Game, set, match. Unlike you, I was not a fan of any team these 2 played for so if there is a homer in this debate, it is you.

The things that cracks me up the most in all of this is thinking you must be an old timer to choose Jordan. One had their career end in 2003 and the other started their career in 2003. They both played in the same calendar year and many were able to watch and compare the 2 in the very same era. There were no decades in between kids. Get that myth out of your head! lol

You can compare 2 athletes in a sport and decide who was better by asking 7 simple questions

1. Who has the most championships?
Jordan Check
Lebron

2. Who has the most MVP awards?
Regular season
Jordan Check
Lebron

Postseason
Jordan Check
Lebron

3. Who has the most scoring Titles?
Jordan Check
Lebron

4. Who had the better scoring average?
Regular season
Jordan Check
Lebron

Postseason
Jordan Check
Lebron

5. Who was the better defensive player?
Jordan Check
Lebron

6. Who played better competition in the postseason?
Jordan Check
Lebron

7. Who was more clutch when it mattered?
Jordan Check
Lebron

All of these questions are answered with clear facts in post 61. They are not opinions.

Lebron is one of the best ever but you cannot be on the losing end of all 7 questions, and by a wide margin, and be considered better than the guy you are being compared to. It goes for the NBA or any other sport, period.

Will you find things like triple doubles or other records owned by Lebron? Of course, he is one of the best ever, but you can do that with players in any debate. You cannot be on the losing end of all 7 of those questions here or in any sport though and win the debate. That is impossible and if you still believe it you are either numb, dumb, or really young.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:19 AM
#TomaHawkNation

Rewards: 16,487
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 850
Likes (Received): 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
You do not have to be a MJ homer to side with Jordan, just read post 61. Game, set, match. Unlike you, I was not a fan of any team these 2 played for so if there is a homer in this debate, it is you.

The things that cracks me up the most in all of this is thinking you must be an old timer to choose Jordan. One had their career end in 2003 and the other started their career in 2003. They both played in the same calendar year and many were able to watch and compare the 2 in the very same era. There were no decades in between kids. Get that myth out of your head! lol

You can compare 2 athletes in a sport and decide who was better by asking 7 simple questions

1. Who has the most championships?
Jordan Check
Lebron

2. Who has the most MVP awards?
Regular season
Jordan Check
Lebron

Postseason
Jordan Check
Lebron

3. Who has the most scoring Titles?
Jordan Check
Lebron

4. Who had the better scoring average?
Regular season
Jordan Check
Lebron

Postseason
Jordan Check
Lebron

5. Who was the better defensive player?
Jordan Check
Lebron

6. Who played better competition in the postseason?
Jordan Check
Lebron

7. Who was more clutch when it mattered?
Jordan Check
Lebron

All of these questions are answered with clear facts in post 61. They are not opinions.

Lebron is one of the best ever but you cannot be on the losing end of all 7 questions, and by a wide margin, and be considered better than the guy you are being compared to. It goes for the NBA or any other sport, period.

Will you find things like triple doubles or other records owned by Lebron? Of course, he is one of the best ever, but you can do that with players in any debate. You cannot be on the losing end of all 7 of those questions here or in any sport though and win the debate. That is impossible and if you still believe it you are either numb, dumb, or really young.
1) As I just pointed out, he didn’t play against tougher competition, especially in the finals. He won his titles during the expansion era of the nba when talent was few and spread out. Not to mention the pool of talent was much smaller compared to that of today since international players were just beginning to make their way to the NBA. Coaching, defensive strategies, analytics, training, rehabbing injuries, etc all are much superior in todays game compared to then.

2) The MVP has become a popularity contest, if the award still truly went to the most valuable player Lebron surpasses him and correct me if I’m wrong but Jordan only has one more MVP than him currently, correct? The year DRose/KD got it, Lebron outperformed both of them in every stat lol so that’s pretty irrelevant especially since his cement isn’t dry yet

And just about every other “fact” has solely to do with scoring. I’ll admit MJ is the better scorer but that’s not what the debate is sparky. He took more shots = more points, it’s not that complicated.. And still Lebron is the more efficient scorer & will go down as the leading scorer in history because his reign of dominance is unmatched. So to reiterate yet again other than titles/scoring there’s little to support your claim. MJ isn’t even the most accomplished champion ever (Russell) or most accomplished individual ever (Kareem) so it’s funny to see how Jordan fans twist things in attempt to suit their agenda. Lebrons the better facilitator/teammate, rebounder, versatile defender, higher box score +/-, higher FG/3p %, higher value over replacement player all while playing in a much more athletic NBA era

Last edited by FTP; 05-08-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Unfortunately your opinions are just that, opinions. They are not based on numbers or facts.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
And again, show me a comparison between 2 guys that have a Championship & MVP. Show me one where 1 guy is on the losing end of all 7 questions, many by a wide margin, and is the best player.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
And to say MJ didn't play against better talent just shows your age (Yet again). ESPN did a NBA Top 50 a year or 2 ago and out of the top 20 all time ...

MJ played against 14 of them, Lebron 5

You are seriously clueless when it comes to anything pre-Lebron and it shows in almost every post you make. MJ never had the easy road that Lebron has enjoyed over the years in the East. That is just another fact.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:24 PM

Rewards: 1,788
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 53
Lmao!! This is getting too funny.
Obviously you bring up the stats that Jordan is better in, but what about the other stats?
Rebounds, assists?
I’ve watch Jordan played, and compared to players today. He’s nowhere close to the skills these players have today.
Comparing Jordan to LeBron is like comparing a 1990 corvette to a 2018 corvette, now tell me which one is better, stronger, faster, better equipped?

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST!!!!!
Don’t get me wrong, Jordan was great!!! But for his time.
If he was to play today, he would probably be slightly above average at best!
Old 05-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Today? Are you really that stupid nutty? Lebron and MJ both played in 2003 calendar year so it wasn't decades ago or decades apart

And your post may be the dumbest and funniest in this thread
Old 05-08-2018, 12:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Wow... someone is getting mad.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutty_bar View Post
Comparing Jordan to LeBron is like comparing a 1990 corvette to a 2018 corvette, now tell me which one is better, stronger, faster, better equipped?
The 1990 corvette won all 7 races in post 76 . Thanks for playing!
Old 05-08-2018, 12:49 PM

Rewards: 42,950
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 13673
Likes (Received): 25084
Quote:
Wow... someone is getting mad.
Nobody is getting mad ... Wayne is schooling FTP in this thread ... plain and simple.

To say MJ is nowhere close to the skills these players have today might possibly be the stupidest comment on this forum in 2018, possibly in the past few years.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:21 PM
:thumbsup

Rewards: 414
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 854
Likes (Received): 951
it's funny to see Lebron fans cherry pick the whole "lebron has more game winners with zero seconds on the clock" stat. Like it doesn't matter that Jordan had a game tying shot with zero on the clock in game 3 vs the lakers with the series tied at 1-1, hit a shot with 5 seconds left in game 6 of in 98 vs Utah that ultimately won the series, hit a tie-breaking 3 in game 5 of 97 vs Utah, series tied at 2-2, with less than 30 seconds left ( Lebron probably doesn't play, or plays a little bit of minutes being sick).

Plus Lebron's 5 game winners consists of 1 game winning layup because the coach was too stupid to insert his center on the final play, and basically 4 hail mary luck-shit shots.

But hey, let's also ignore Lebron's back-to back missed game winning shots in game 1 and 2 against GS a few years ago, his missed 3 against the spurs where Ray Allen bailed him out, and his 0-4 FG attempts in game 7 vs GS the last 3 minutes before Kyrie bailed him out.

And the whole argument that this era is automatically tougher is a joke....zero chance a team like the Raptors even sniffs a number one seed in any other era, they wouldnt even be a top 4 seed in the 90's. 45 wins at the most.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:59 PM
#TomaHawkNation

Post Thanks / Like
GOAT
Old 05-22-2018, 06:00 AM

Rewards: 107,023
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1373
Likes (Received): 3329
If LeBron had played in the West for his career he'd only have 3 finals appearances and those would be with that stacked Heat team. All LeBron has done is benefit from a pathetic eastern conference his entire career. I'm not saying he isn't great but he is no Jordan and thebargumemt of 8 straight finals appearances is a joke.

FTP you cannot argue him as the GOAT when you never even watched Jordan play. LOL.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:25 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Roots View Post

FTP you cannot argue him as the GOAT when you never even watched Jordan play. LOL.
lol ^^^ True that!
Old 05-22-2018, 10:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I hate to keep bringing this up, but can people really watch highlight reels of players from decades ago and think to themselves, "Steph, Lebron, Harden, Durant, AD, Westbrook, Cousins, Greek Freak, Embiid, KAT, etc." just wouldn't be able to hack it back then"???? Are you freaking serious? The game is SO SLOW and everyone is just smaller and less impressive at almost everything. It honestly looks like the WNBA compared to today's game. This is not an opinion, just actually watch the on court action. I had to pleasure of watching it while it was happening and at the time, it "seemed" more impressive than it was until I watch today's game. If there are people out there that honestly think that today's players would struggle back then you are either lying to yourselves or you have serious issues when it comes to comprehension. The guys who were the all time greats at what they did would be painfully average compared to guys today, like Pete Maravich for instance. In his time he was a freak of nature, in today's game you wouldn't even notice his ball skills as being anything more than par for the course. Put Steph Curry or Kyrie Irving in a time machine and drop them in the 80's and if their defenders weren't on their butt off a crossover or running the wrong direction allowing a wide open shot, they'd be on the free throw line. Their ball skills would have been literally impossible to stop, because they were light years ahead of anything in the game back then. The same can be said for the games of many stars in today's game.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:20 AM

Rewards: 42,950
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 13673
Likes (Received): 25084
Quote:
I hate to keep bringing this up, but can people really watch highlight reels of players from decades ago and think to themselves, "Steph, Lebron, Harden, Durant, AD, Westbrook, Cousins, Greek Freak, Embiid, KAT, etc." just wouldn't be able to hack it back then"???? Are you freaking serious? The game is SO SLOW and everyone is just smaller and less impressive at almost everything. It honestly looks like the WNBA compared to today's game. This is not an opinion, just actually watch the on court action. I had to pleasure of watching it while it was happening and at the time, it "seemed" more impressive than it was until I watch today's game. If there are people out there that honestly think that today's players would struggle back then you are either lying to yourselves or you have serious issues when it comes to comprehension. The guys who were the all time greats at what they did would be painfully average compared to guys today, like Pete Maravich for instance. In his time he was a freak of nature, in today's game you wouldn't even notice his ball skills as being anything more than par for the course. Put Steph Curry or Kyrie Irving in a time machine and drop them in the 80's and if their defenders weren't on their butt off a crossover or running the wrong direction allowing a wide open shot, they'd be on the free throw line. Their ball skills would have been literally impossible to stop, because they were light years ahead of anything in the game back then. The same can be said for the games of many stars in today's game.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
Agreed, he looks dumber with every post. Hate to say that but god damn!
Old 05-23-2018, 08:35 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
I hate to keep bringing this up, but can people really watch highlight reels of players from decades ago and think to themselves, "Steph, Lebron, Harden, Durant, AD, Westbrook, Cousins, Greek Freak, Embiid, KAT, etc." just wouldn't be able to hack it back then"???? Are you freaking serious? The game is SO SLOW and everyone is just smaller and less impressive at almost everything. It honestly looks like the WNBA compared to today's game. This is not an opinion,
This could not be dumber and more WRONG. 1st off, highlight reels? LMFAO … Watching it live will do and that is what many of us did back then.

The game was SO SLOW back in the day huh? Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

And yes it is an opinion, a very bad one!

30 years ago teams averaged over 110 ppg. That's an average for the league. This season I think only 6 teams did that. The games are not slower, not even close. Some of the greatest, fast paced games EVER happened in the 80's & 90's

Everyone was just smaller? Again, just ignorant. It is a struggle to find a center/big man worth a shit in today's game. In the 80's & 90's you hadgreat big men like Hakeem, Jabbar, Ewing and even big rough bastards like Laimbeer and Parrish. You also had guys like Magic who ran the point at what? 6'8 or 6'9?

Your rate of cluelessness rises with every post you make.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:29 AM

Post Thanks / Like
I wasn't even going to give that dumb ass post a response. One of the dumbest post made at the mall in a while.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:58 PM
cappersmall VIP

Rewards: 41,125
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2173
Likes (Received): 2164
Showed out tonight !
Old 05-25-2018, 11:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Course he did. He took 33 shots. You should score 40+ when you take 33 shots. It was 21 more than anyone else. Talk to me when his record in the Finals improves.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
These playoffs are the best LeBron has ever played. He had been efficient, aggressive, clutch, etc. He has done very little wrong.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:29 PM
:thumbsup

Rewards: 414
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 854
Likes (Received): 951
GS is trash too.......no props whatsoever in beating them, the narrative they would destroy any of the bulls finals teams is laughable
Old 05-27-2018, 04:18 PM
#TomaHawkNation

Post Thanks / Like
Lmfao! Old heads will tell you you don’t know shit and then come spew some bs like above Jordan never faced a team remotely close to the GSW in an NBA finals, gtfoh
Old 05-27-2018, 05:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
How would you know? You were in diapers sleeping in a crib. Great take!

Tags
granted, greatness, james, king