Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

NBA Basketball NBA Handicapping - Post your NBA picks, talk NBA betting, anything NBA.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 16,871,587
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5483
Likes (Received): 9853
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTP View Post
Jordan never faced a team remotely close to the GSW in an NBA finals, gtfoh
or the Warriors without Durant Ö or the Spurs Ö or the Mavericks Ö or the Spurs again Ö...

Lmfao is right. Might be the only 5 time finals LOSER in history!
Old 05-27-2018, 07:03 PM
#TomaHawkNation

Rewards: 16,538
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 851
Likes (Received): 1261
Sir, other than a biased blog you pasted that was overall very poorly written and had to resort to petty "facts" such as flopping to justify it's position, you have not provided much to support your opinion, go back and re-read through the thread sparky. Nearly everything you've stated has been opinionated or based on accolades. And with every post you just continue to illustrate how fucking stupid you are. If you'd like I can cherry pick 17 "facts" and make an argument as to why Lebron is better? Generation bias/cognitive immunization is very real & Iím sure I could find you some older gents who would say the 86 Celts would completely fuckin annihilate the 72-10 Bulls squad.. For what itís worth, I don't even consider myself to hate Jordan. I'm a 90's baby, that's my childhood sir lol and I actually own/collect many pairs of His Airness' shoes. Donít get it twisted. My love for the Noles stems from that very same era. I may not have seen a lot of Jordan's games in real-time but there's this incredible thing called ESPN classic/google/youtube! Try to use something other than my age to knock me. And if anyone is biased I'd say it's probably the guy that has thrown around the words "Lebitch" "Lechoke" "Lebron the biggest crybaby bitch" in just this thread alone so save your bs. Since either reading comprehension isn't your strong suit or you're just picking and choosing the parts of my responses, let me break this down for you:

Greatest scorer of all time?

1984-85 17.3% 3P%

1986-87 18.2% 3P%

1987-88 13.2% 3P%

For as much as you old farts like to bring up the changing of the hand check rule, a very convenient rule change you Jordan Jockers seem to completely ignore was the NBA shortening the 3-point line from the 1994 season through the end of the 1997 season in order to help encourage more exciting/high scoring games. This helped greatly inflate Jordan's numbers as he shot 50%, 42.7%, and 37.4% during this time. After the 3-point line was adjusted back following the 1997 season Jordan would return to a piss poor 3 point shooter shooting 23.8%, 18.9%, and 29.1% to finish out his career. Other than Lebron's rookie season in which he was 18-19 years old and a few months removed from attending prom, he's NEVER had a year where he's shot > 30% from downtown. And he has only continued to improve his 3P shooting % as he's aged and is currently having one of his best seasons, FIFTEEN YEARS IN. This, combined with the fact that he averages attempting more than twice the amount of 3PA than Jordan did per game throughout his career (Jordan - 1.7 3PA, James - 4.1 3PA) and he still has him beat as far as shooting %'s go:

Jordan career 3P% - 32.7%
James career 3P% - 34.4%

Jordan career eFG% - 51%
James career eFG% - 54%

Other than 5 out of Lebron's first 7 years in Cleveland (1/3rd of his career thus far) when Larry Hughes was primarily his #2 option, Lebron has never had a year in which he has averaged more than 20+ FGA's per game. And even then, his highest amount was in 2005-06 when he averaged 23.1 FGA per game. On the flip side, Jordan had years like 1986-87 where he averaged an astonishing 27.8 FGA per game, 1987-88 24.4 FGA per game, 1992-93 25.7 FGA per game, 1994-95 23.8 FGA per game. Other than his first two years in Chicago/last year in Washington, Jordan took more than 20+ FGA in EVERY season! Lebron has not done this once since his departure to Miami or return to Cleveland. Out of the top 5 all-time scoring leaders, Jordan's averaged more FG attempts than every other player (Fact). To help put this into perspective for you sparky, not even Wilt "Mr 100" Chamberlain who dominated a bunch of undersized white boys averaged as many FGA per game throughout his career (Wilt - 22.5 FGA, Jordan 22.9 FGA).

Despite Jordan averaging 3 more shots per game throughout his career (Jordan - 22.9, James - 19.6) and 5 more attempts per game during the playoffs (Jordan - 25.1, James - 20.8) this results in Jordan out-averaging James by only 3-5 points over his career while being much more inefficient in the process. So no offense but fuck your scoring title(s) argument, some simple math should help you see that if James chose to be more selfish he could very easily out average Jordan if he wanted to, and the funny thing here is this isn't even considered James' main strength nor has he ever been seen as a score first type of player outside his first 7 years, yet he is still a better/more efficient shooter % wise:

Regular Season:
James - 27.2 PPG (50.4% FG%, 54.7% 2P%, 54% eFG%)
Jordan - 30.1 PPG (49.7% FG%, 51% 2P%, 50.9% eFG%)

Playoffs:
James - 28.4 PPG (48.9% FG%, 53.5% 2P%, 52.5% eFG%)
Jordan - 33.4 PPG (48.7% FG%, 50.4% 2P%, 50.3% eFG%)

"Just remember (Michael), when you played, they changed the rules to make it easier for you to dominate...when I played, they changed the rules to make it harder for me"

-Wilt Chamberlain

Far superior era?

Another common mistake you old farts make is confusing physicality with skill. The athleticism & number/range of great shooters between today and then is laughable. I'll give you the 90's had better overall bigs for sure but the guards/wingmen were incredibly weak during Jordan's era, Jordan was about 10 years ahead of his time. Talent was few and far between (on the teams Jordan actually beat). Name me a SG/SF during Jordan's era that could hold up to James 1v1, I'll wait.. (FYI I wouldn't count Bird during that era considering Jordan beat him a grand total of 0 times in the playoffs ). Dominique Wilkins? Grant Hill? Glen Rice? Chris Mullin? Reggie Miller? Mitch Richmond? Penny Hardaway? Detlef Schrempf? LMFAO. Which leads me to perhaps the funniest most delusional argument from Jordan Jockers in saying that Lebron would get physically destroyed against the teams of the 90's. That's purely opinionated and I'd argue the contrary if he played in an era that encouraged/told him to play physical. HE OUTWEIGHS JORDAN BY FUCKING 50+ POUNDS. Let's just completely ignore the fact that the bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic player also gets to play much more aggressive. He outweighed nearly every SF by 20+ pounds all in their prime as an 18 year old yet yíall act as though he would get thrown around like a rag doll lol. You can argue some of the overall teams Jordan faced in the East were perhaps better sure, but the league as a whole? HELL NO. Jordan never had to deal with "Super teams" in his era. And whether you want to recognize or downplay the significance of it there were 6 teams added to the NBA from 1988-1995. He played in a watered down/diluted league which is why no team other than the LA Lakers & Utah Jazz during his final appearances had more than two HOFer's. I think we can all agree expansion teams for the most part are absolutely horrendous for there first years of existence and ultimately leads to handing other teams at the time easy W's. Lets also not forget some of the gimme series Jordan had in the east (ex. Cavs, Bullets) don't try to tell me he didn't have easy series in the Playoffs. Or neglect the Big 3 in Boston (KG, Allen, Pierce + Rondo) defending champion Bad Boys 2.0 (Ben Wallace, R. Wallace, Billups, T. Prince, Rip Hamilton) or even the 60+ win Bulls squad (Noah, Gibson, Boozer, Deng, Rose (prior to injury) Lebron had to deal with during his career (and actually beat). To say the teams then were "far superior" is completely idiotic and shows your lack of knowledge. Back in Jordan's era you consistently had 5-6 teams that failed to reach 25+ wins. Shit, Jordan's Bulls made the playoffs three times with a losing record: 1984-1985: 38-44, 1985-1986: 30-52, & 1986-1987: 40-42. In that era you had multiple teams out of the East with losing records reaching the playoffs:

1984-1985 Cleveland Cavs (36-46), Chicago Bulls (38-44), Washington Bullets (40-42)

1985-1986 Chicago Bulls (30-52), New Jersey Nets (39-43), Washington Bullets (39-43)

1986-1987 Chicago Bulls (40-42), Indiana Pacers (41-41)

1987-1988 New York Knicks (38-44), Washington Bullets (38-44)

1991-1992 Miami Heat (38-44), Indiana Pacers (40-42), New Jersey Nets (40-42)

ďWell, I think that the expansion teams has really hurt the league. I think itís depleted some of the talent in our league.Ē

-Larry Bird (comparing quality of league between 80's & 90ís)

In addition, that article you posted failed to take into account the lockout of 2011 in which only 66 regular season games were played, so that 50+ wins opponents in the playoffs is rather flawed. To further illustrate my point do me a favor and re-order this list of Final opponents faced between the two from best to worst:

1991 LA Lakers
1992 Portland Trail Blazers
1993 Phoenix Suns
1996 Seattle Supersonics
1997 Utah Jazz
1998 Utah Jazz
2007 San Antonio Spurs
2011 Dallas Mavericks
2012 Oklahoma City Thunder
2013 San Antonio Spurs
2014 San Antonio Spurs
2015 Golden State Warriors
2016 Golden State Warriors
2017 Golden State Warriors

Assuming you have half a brain, let me know if you discover any trends in the process. Who faced the top 3 opponents in the Finals? Who faced arguably 6 out of the top 8? The 2016 & 2017 Golden State Warriors are FAR superior to any team Jordan ever faced in a finals appearance. If you canít at the very least acknowledge that then Iím sorry but you are too stupid to waste my time debating with. Jordan may have had a tougher road some years in the East but in comparison to James heís faced nothing close compared to that of James in the finals. Lebron's faced the greatest players of his generation in the finals (excluding Kobe unfortunately). He's been defended by Defensive POY candidates like Draymond Green, Kawhi Leonard, and Andre Iguodala. While also throwing KD into the mix a couple of times. Who's the greatest superstar Jordan had to defeat for a championship? Magic and a beat up Lakers squad that featured Divac as it's third best player? Clyde Drexler? Gary Payton? Charles Barkley? A 34-35 year old John Stockton/Karl Malone? (Count the rings between each of these gents if thats the measure for greatness). And whether you want to admit it or not, illegal defense was/is a huge difference between then and now and I could careless about quotes from the 80-90's when they at the time had no fucking idea behind the concept of an actual zone. That's a complete slap in the face to the great defensive minded coaches of today like Thibodeau/Popovich. Like you said, I was still shitting in my diapers at this point in life - how are you not aware of the difference between how defense was played then and now?! MJ would have to be much more passive in todayís game. Can you imagine Lebron being able to play iso/hero ball against the likes of Hornacek/Russell or Dan fucking Majerle in the NBA Finals? For as much as you knock my age, I think you need to go back and re-watch some film sparky.

Other arguments to add to the discussion:

-Jordan never had to play a finals without two of his top three players (2015 - w/o Irving and KLove)

-Pippen and Rodman are a better duo than Lebron has ever played with

-Jordan showed that he couldn't carry a team without another HOFer to the finals, or really past the first round of the playoffs for that matter. I'd argue this is one of Lebrons greatest feats which is ironic because it lead to him being swept in the finals that you hold over his head. In just his fourth year at the age of 22, he carried a franchise that had never reached a finals with a starting lineup that consisted of Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas to the finals. He toppled and single handedly dominated a Champion Pistons squad that made Kobe cry like a bitch (almost won B2B rings but lost to the Spurs in 7 in 2005). AT FUCKING 22! That doesn't happen and will never happen again. Jordan Jockers completely ignore or seem to forget how dominant he was those first 7 years in Cleveland even if it did ultimately result in 0 rings.

Debunking other idiotic claims made by Wayne:

"Imagine how many titles Jordan would have won if he could have skipped CBB and went to the NBA? Hell, he was so bored with basketball that he went and played baseball for 2 years, came back and schooled the league again for another 3 peat. lol"

Then why didn't he sparky? Moses Malone showed it was possible? There were no rules in place to prohibit him from going? The answer, he wasn't good enough and needed to go to college. Also, the fact that he went and played baseball conveniently gave him a nice little 18 month break compared to that of a grueling NBA season. If anything it should be a knock against him that he was forced to step away due to the fact that he was a degenerate gambler lol. Imagine if he lived in this social media era and didn't grow up in an era where everyone sucked his dick, including David Stern who made sure of it since he was their cash cow.

Lebron Rookie Year (19) - 20.9PPG, 5.5TRB, 5.9AST, 1.6STL, 0.7BLK

Jordan UNC Soph Yr (19) - 20PPG, 5.5TRB, 1.6AST, 2.2STL, 0.8BLK

LeBron James scored more points than anyone by age-33, even if you include college totals:
LeBron James - 29,759
Wilt Chamberlain Ė 28,533
Kobe Bryant Ė 27,868
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Ė 26,498
Michael Jordan Ė 25332

"We saw how great Pippen was when MJ played baseball for 2 years. He was famous for sitting on the bench and refusing to go in a game because he was pouting. The Bulls won nothing those 2 years and MJ came back, BOOM, 3 Peat. Case closed on that one"

Are we just going to forget the fact when MJ first returned he choked against the Magic in the playoffs or are we going to use the "he was shaking off the rust" excuse? As I've already stated, the Bulls fell only 2 wins compared to the year prior when they had MJ and Pippen completely dominated the All-star game that year lol. They still managed to push the Knicks to a game 7 in the semis who then went on to play in the Finals. Also, how did they fair defensively without the "far superior defender"? They improved, in 1993 (with MJ) they allowed 106.1 points per 100 possessions, 1.9 better than the league average and good for 7th in the NBA, and in 1994 (without MJ) they brought that number down to 102.7 pts/100 (3.6 better than avg., ranked 6th defensively). Can you point to a single metric in which a team Lebron left improved other than a higher draft pick? lol. Also, let's not forget that after allowing Magic Johnson to post a triple-double on him in game 1 of the 1991 Finals, Jackson made the switch and had Pippen be his primary defender for the remainder of the series. Definitely the "far superior" defender to me..

"He runs to Miami because he couldn't win in Cleveland and begs Bosh to go with him. The Cavs get Kyrie and Bosh is toast so he runs back to Cleveland and begs them to get Love and every other player so they can help him win."

He "ran" because he had jack shit around him those 7 years in Cleveland and Gilbert is the worst GM in NBA history other than your boy MJ lol. Who lead those Heat teams in points/assists/rebs during Lebron's time there? Wade and Bosh were consistently hurt and a shell of their former self. They go from the best record in the NBA to not even sniffing the playoffs the year Lebron returns to Cleveland while still keeping Wade/Bosh intact, gtfoh

"And all you still see is me, me, me. Look at me. Oh you can't see me, i'll stand on the scorers table every time I hit a shot so you can see me. I'll stand up there and flex and point to myself 50 times and in the presser after I will spend the whole time talking about how great I am.

Do you think he knows that he has teammates? Do you think he knows their last names and where they are from? Probably not."

This just further illustrates you have no idea wtf you're talking about. The dude is the best non-pg team-player/facilitator the game has ever seen and his place in the assist record books speaks for itself. Jordan was one of the most "me firstĒ arrogant SOB's to ever walk this earth. The dude fucking punched his teammates in the face for Christ sakes, gtfoh

Total Rebounds

Regular Season:
James - 7.4
Jordan - 6.2

Playoffs:
James - 8.9
Jordan - 6.4

Assists

Regular Season:
James - 7.2
Jordan - 5.3

Playoffs:
James - 7.0
Jordan - 5.7

Advanced Stats:

Career VORP:
Lebron James: 124.9
Michael Jordan: 104.4

Career Box Plus/Minus:
Lebron James: +9.2
Michael Jordan: +8.1

Career Defensive Box Plus/Minus:
Lebron James: +1.9
Michael Jordan: +1.1

Career Offensive Box Plus/Minus:
Lebron James: +7.3
Michael Jordan: +7.0

True Shooting %:
Lebron James: 58.6%
Michael Jordan: 56.9%

Career Win Shares:
Lebron James: 219.4
Michael Jordan: 214

I know you hate Youtube videos but please just take the time to watch this one in its entirety and constantly pause and remind yourself throughout that he's fucking 18-19 years old doing this.

"There are only four or five players in the NBA that I wouldn't trade to get LeBron right now,"

-Danny Ainge (in reference to Lebron as a 16 year old Junior in high school)

The same Lebron you see on your TV set today has been doing this since he was 18. You forget how dominate he has been since day one. Nobody can match the longevity of dominance by Lebron which is why I ultimately refer to him as the GOAT. Night in & night out, the amount of years/minutes he gives is remarkable. The dude was more badass at 18-19 then some legends ever wished they could be in there prime. And even then he outweighed Jordan by 40+ pounds (drafted weight - 240). No way in hell Jordan is doing that at 18-19 against grown ass men. GTFOH. James put up the most historic playoff performance I've ever seen, which is when he left MJ in the rearview mirror for me (eye ball test), by climbing back from a 3-1 deficit (never happened in the finals) against one of the greatest teams ever assembled, 2016 Warriors (73-9) while putting up 36.3PPG on 50.6% shooting, 11.7RPB, 9.7APG, 3SPG, 3BPG over the course of the last 3 wins. The fact that a 73-9 squad had to go and add a 4th all star/future HOFer just to insure an advantage over the GOAT should speak volumes to you lol. To say you can't make a case for him being the GOAT is ludicrous. As the great Scottie Pippen has stated, "He's already surpassed Jordan in many ways". Statistically it's not even an argument, I'm sorry he's better than Jordan. As I originally stated, your argument rests on a skewed PPG average, team accolades, and a false conception of the era he played in. There's not much more in your defense.

Best first half of career: LBJ > MJ
Better second half of career: MJ > LBJ
Better ending to the career will most definitely go to James tho. Comparing their 15th year in, Lebron is still Lebron - averaging a career high in both assists and rebounds while shooting at a higher clip than his career avg while Michael's in his last year as a washed up ball hog overweight/alcoholic shooting 10% worse from the field. And for all we know I might be able to argue this dude dominated the league and avg 20+PPG for 20 years when its all said and done. His cement is still wet sir and what he continues to do is amazing whether you like him or not. And he's certainly showing no signs of slowing down and has seemingly developed a mid range jumper at the perfect time. Look at the other greats from his draft class: Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony. Where are they? Either gone or a shell of their former self. I know I've said some pretty idiotic/foolish things in the past regarding this debate but as Iíve grown and matured I've come to the realization that this debate is really nothing more than TV talk and entirely speculation no matter which side youíre on. Your posts show youíll never consider Lebron the goat solely based on his finals record so really this is nothing more than a lose-lose argument for me. And I don't even know why I'm wasting my time to type all of this out for your double digit IQ havin ass. With that being said, Iím retiring myself from this debate, no matter what Lebron does yíall will consistently move the goal posts when comparing the two. But feel free to challenge any of the stats/info posted Just enjoy Witnessing the talent of Lebron James, you will never see another player like him in your lifetime.

Best Year Lebron: 2008-09

Regular Season:
28.4 PPG on 49% (True Shooting % - 59.1%)
7.6 RPG
7.2 APG
1.7 SPG
1.1 BPG

Advanced:
31.7 PER - (4th highest of all time)
20.3 WS - (17th highest of all time)
+13 Box +/- - (2nd highest of all time)
11.6 VORP - (4th highest of all time)

Record: 66-16

Playoffs:
35.3 PPG on 51% (True Shooting % - 61.8)
9.1 RPG
7.3 APG
1.6 SPG
1.0 BPG

Advanced:
37.4 PER - (highest of all time)
0.399 WS - (highest of all time)
+18.16 Box +/- - (highest of all time)

Find me any other player in NBA history that has had these high of ranks in a single season.

-James is the only player in NBA history to be in the top 10 all-time in career playoff points, rebounds, assists, and steals

-Only player in NBA history to lead both teams in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals in a playoff series (2016 NBA Finals vs. Golden State Warriors)

-LeBron James is the only player in NBA history to average at least 25 points per game for 15 consecutive seasons (and still counting)

LeBron averaged 33.6 points, 12.0 rebounds and 10.0 assists over the Warriors, becoming the first player to record a triple-double average in the NBA Finals

-During the playoffs, James has been the outright leader in points, rebounds and assists on 39 different occasions, 26 more than the next-highest player on the list, Larry Bird (13)

Old 05-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
All I read was the 1st sentence or two of that post. That was all I could and needed to get through

And LOL at that!!!

Biased and petty? LOL - facts, that is what they are. Titles, scoring titles and defense cover all you need to know. The other FACTS that showed how little you know about past competition also showed how Jordan had the tougher path. Game set and match kid. Keep cheering for your boy lebron and maybe some day he will win as many titles as he has lost. The saddest part of this whole thread is how NUMB the young generation is to what the game was just a couple decades ago. Sad ......
Old 05-27-2018, 07:53 PM
#TomaHawkNation

Post Thanks / Like
Of course you didn’t lol. And I bet your dumbass refers to Brady as the GOAT even tho he plays in that weak ass AFC East division, has more losses in the Super Bowl than others, and has been bailed out by Butler/Carrol being a fucktard and not running the football & Adam Vinatieri lmao
Old 05-27-2018, 08:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Ahhhhh I was PRAYING the Brady Montana debate would be mentioned

Let's compare .....

Montana went to 4 SB's and Brady 8. Brady went to twice as many SB's than Montana and he won 1 more

That would be similar to this. Jordan went to 6 finals and he won 6. If lebron goes to twice as many and wins 1 more, he would have to get to 12 and win 7. That means 4 more finals appearances and 4 more titles. If that happens I will crown him the goat just like I do Brady.

Let's see if that happens dumbass because that is the only way to compare the 2 arguments. I could bring up the facts and numbers in which Brady smokes Montana by a mile, unlike MJ and lebron but I will leave those out to help you.

Your serve dummy.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTP View Post
Of course you didnít lol. And I bet your dumbass refers to Brady as the GOAT even tho he plays in that weak ass AFC East division, has more losses in the Super Bowl than others, and has been bailed out by Butler/Carrol being a fucktard and not running the football & Adam Vinatieri lmao
And I know you are young and dumb but there are a lot of buffalo bills that lost 4 straight SB's, which is more than Brady. That is 1 team and many players just to name a few who have lost more dummy.

Now how many NBA players have lost more titles than Lebitch? Go find all the guys who have lost 6 and get back to me kid. I'll be waiting patiently.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:10 PM
#TomaHawkNation

Post Thanks / Like
That was more of an attempt at a joke to show you how you could apply those same criticisms to Brady lol. Respond to post #102 sir, I don’t have anything else to say to your dumbass. You expected me to read a blog you copy/pasted that was nearly equally as long lol
Old 05-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Until lebron can change the facts in post 71 or change the answers in post 76, he has no leg to stand on. You can talk about a strike year or FG% or assists or rebounds all day long but the most important in a debate are answered in post 76. They are the 1st things looked at in every comparison when ranking players. And post 71 covers the dreams of any player who ever played, and that includes lebron. He wishes those facts belonged to him.

Keep living in generation d for dummy kid and get back to me when either of those 2 posts change.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:55 PM
Fight For Glory

Rewards: 30,418
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 912
Likes (Received): 2111
#witness
Old 05-27-2018, 09:56 PM
the straightshooter

Rewards: 99,040
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5364
Likes (Received): 6625
he good
Old 05-27-2018, 10:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Can't wait to see him add to his legacy again with another loss in the finals!
Old 05-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Shhhhhh!

Rewards: 41,246
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2178
Likes (Received): 2170
8straight finals is crazy.... not favored to win many of them .glad I could see both play! Why shoot ether down, special stuff.

-- Jack Lambert --
Old 05-27-2018, 10:46 PM

Rewards: 1,666
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 8229
Likes (Received): 3068
All in Lebron to win the finals in 6 or 7
Old 05-28-2018, 12:42 AM

Rewards: 2,157
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 233
Likes (Received): 258
Same old story. People from a specific generation will NEVER give any sort of respect to someone out of their generation. I watched Jordan. I watched Lebron. To say Lebron has no claim to being the best player ever is just ignorance. I won’t pick a side because you can’t. The NBA has changed too much to make a fair comparison. But I have a hard time imagining Jordan doing what Lebron is doing with the same pieces. I’m not saying he’s better but I will never have an unwavering claim that Jordan is better than Lebron.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:45 AM

Rewards: 2,157
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 233
Likes (Received): 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetleaf22 View Post
8straight finals is crazy.... not favored to win many of them .glad I could see both play! Why shoot ether down, special stuff.
I see Sweetleaf shit on left and right but this is the best post in this thread. Discussion is great, but be thankful if you were able to enjoy what each of them has done firsthand.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:09 AM

Rewards: 1,793
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 53
Wow!!! Still so many haters of Lebron.. I donít get it. This guy is special. To be honest, I worked for the bulls organization for 5 years when Jordan was playing, (not gonna tell you guys when and where or who) but Michael Jordan was ďTHE BIGGEST ASSHOLE IíVE KNOWN IN MY LIFEĒ!!! Iím serious, he was such an arrogant son of a bitch... and yes, he did bullied most of his teammates. During the games, he would curse his teammates out so many times if the possession didnít go his way!! You can ask Phil Jackson and his teammates to variety this. But iíve Witnessed basketball first hand for the last 40 years of my life... and ďLEBRON is by far more skilled and talented than MJĒ! Sorry but thatís just the truth! Enjoy the guy while he is still playing, donít hate! Heís done more to his city and gave back way more than Jordan ever did.. Jordan was a selfish Son of a bitch, Iím sorry, I just hated him with a passion.

Last edited by nutty_bar; 05-28-2018 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-28-2018, 02:15 AM

Rewards: 1,793
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 53
...and a lot of you think i’m An idiot, or don’t know what I’m talking about... or think my post are the most ignorant post on this forum. Well, you guys don’t know shit about basketball. FYI, I’ve been with 4 different organizations of the NBA since the late 80s working with players first hand. And I know talent and skill when I see it. Like I said before in my earlier posts, todays games and players are far more skilled and advanced in every aspect of the game, including defense!!
Old 05-28-2018, 07:47 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
You are an idiot. You have proven that many times in this thread.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:55 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
It is crazy. He is the 6th player to do it. Great feat.

Jordan had an 8 year period where he had a 3peat, TWICE. Lebron has only won back to back once and never had the 3peat. Not a Stephen A Smith fan but he said it best last night, "Lebron is spectacular, great, the best player in the world and he deserves his spot as #2 on the Mt Rushmore of NBA Players".

I have no problem with that statement as he is right on the money. If Lebron wants the #1 spot, he still has a lot more work to do.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:45 AM
Shhhhhh!

Post Thanks / Like
Modern era , 1st player since 1960's to go to 8 straight ..the others were all no-name Celtics that rode the coat tails of Bill Russell.

-- Jack Lambert --
Old 05-28-2018, 08:58 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
..the others were all no-name Celtics that rode the coat tails of Bill Russell.
That is a pretty dumb statement leafer considering 4 of the other 5 are HOF players. The 5th is James Jones, a guy that truly rode the bench and coattails. Nobody gets to the HOF riding coattails. You have to be damn good to get there and 6 players is 6 players.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:09 AM
Shhhhhh!

Post Thanks / Like
all those HOFers played together on one team in the 60's, lebrons best teammate Kevin love, even more impressive for lebron

-- Jack Lambert --
Old 05-28-2018, 09:15 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
all those HOFers played together on one team in the 60's, lebrons best teammate Kevin love, even more impressive for lebron
Who cares where they played and when they played. He was the 6th to do it, not the 1st.

And if you think Frank Ramsey, Tom Heinsohn and Sam Jones are no name players, you truly have no clue about basketball.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:18 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
His best teammate during this run was Wade, a guy that helped him win 2 of his 3 titles. He also had perennial all stars there in Bosh (for 2) and Ray Allen (for 1) and when he did win in Cleveland he also had 2 perennial all stars in Irving and Love. Don't act like he has never had help or won alone because he hasn't.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:24 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
3 titles, all with multiple HOF players

1 - Wade & Bosh
2 - Wade, Bosh, Allen
3 - Irving, Love

That means all 3 teams had 3-4 HOF players on it and most think Bosh, Irving and Love will be in the Hall.

Tags
granted, greatness, james, king