Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

Notices

NBA Basketball NBA Handicapping - Post your NBA picks, talk NBA betting, anything NBA.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:10 PM
Processing.....

Rewards: 18,965
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 749
Likes (Received): 1627
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I disagree, there's no way I would have included the Brooklyn pick, it's probably the first pick in next year's draft, as a Celtics fan I don't like this trade at all, I don't think the difference between Irving and IT is worth what the Celtics gave up
IT and those 2 bench players aren't getting Kyrie. Difference between Kyrie and IT is pretty big to me. More I look at it though Ainge def over paid for a guy who demanded a trade but he got a top 4 pg.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:11 PM
Processing.....

Rewards: 18,965
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 749
Likes (Received): 1627
Cavs got better as a team, or they could pretty much flip all or some of this to get Carmelo
Old 08-23-2017, 10:35 AM

Rewards: 36,809
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1099
Likes (Received): 2894
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSPATS View Post
I like the trade, The Brooklyn pick probably won't be the first pick, there are worse teams than the Nets. Isiah wanted a super max deal after this year and that wasn't going to happen. The Celtics have so many picks stock piled, at some point they have to do something with them. Kyrie scores 25 on a team as the 2nd option, Isiah scored 25 when he was the 1st option in Boston. He's 4 yrs older than Kyrie and 1 dimensional on offense, run the high pick and ethier drive hard to the rim or put up a 3. Cleveland showed that they knew how to shut down his game in the playoffs. I've been talking with a bunch of guys in Ma. they're mixed 50/50 on the deal but when you weigh in the $$ and the real possibility that they wouldn't keep IT after this year, most are leaning to liking it.
This is the point. IT is not a max player and to sign him next year some team will probably give it to him. Boston most likely didn't want to so IT was a 1 year player for them.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:55 AM

Rewards: 18,061
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 147
Likes (Received): 341
Exactly
Old 08-23-2017, 05:06 PM
Maybe Tomorrow

Rewards: 6,134,633
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3962
Likes (Received): 5585
Talking to people and listening to radio and other media, people seem to be on the side of liking the trade. Most are indifferent and they would rather talk about the Patriots or Red Sox but the ones who did talk about it, they liked the trade but they agonized over losing the Brooklyn pick. Some say the Thomas hip injury is still a problem and that he may not even be ready for the opener. Many also said this trade was for long term success over the next 7 years and not just 1 or 2. Tatum and Irving vacationed together in Mexico this summer and they seem pretty excited to play together.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:43 PM

Rewards: 9,068
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 461
Likes (Received): 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Talking to people and listening to radio and other media, people seem to be on the side of liking the trade. Most are indifferent and they would rather talk about the Patriots or Red Sox but the ones who did talk about it, they liked the trade but they agonized over losing the Brooklyn pick. Some say the Thomas hip injury is still a problem and that he may not even be ready for the opener. Many also said this trade was for long term success over the next 7 years and not just 1 or 2. Tatum and Irving vacationed together in Mexico this summer and they seem pretty excited to play together.
That's how I'm looking at it, as more of a long term deal. Danny has set the franchise up quite nicely, not just for now, but for the future as well. they now have a core of Irving (25), Hayward (27), Brown (20), Tatum (19), and Horford (31), plus they still have the Lakers/Sacramento pick, which figures to be high in the lottery, and at some point either LeBron leaves for the Western Conference, or eventually age catches up to him, in a few years the Celtics will be the team to beat in the East, and for now they're still a very good team that can at least compete with the Cavs. It's crazy to think that there are only 4 players out of 15 that are on this year's roster compared to last year, that's quite a turnover and I'm sure it will take some time for these guys to adjust and get used to playing together, but it should be a fun season
Old 08-24-2017, 04:50 PM
Maybe Tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
Basically they traded ...........

Isaiah Thomas
Avery Bradley
Jae Crowder
Kelly Olynyk
Amir Johnson
Brooklyn pick

For

Kyrie Irving
Gordon Hayward
Jayson Tatum
Marcus Morris
Aron Baynes
Lakers/Sac. pick

I like it
Old 08-26-2017, 07:36 AM
Maybe Tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
Trade may get voided because of that hip
Old 08-27-2017, 12:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Trade may get voided because of that hip
Cleveland knew about IT's hip before they made the trade, it's not like the Celtics tried to hide the injury, if the Cavs were so concerned, they should have given him a physical before agreeing to the trade. This looks like an attempt by Cleveland to extort another asset from Boston, if I'm Danny there's no way I give them an additional first round pick, at most a couple of second rounders, but that's it. If the Cavs want to rescind the trade, so be it, but I wouldn't give them more than we've already given them, they'll probably ask for that Laker/Sac pick, and there's no fucking way I'm doing that if I'm Danny, fuck Cleveland if they think they can try to take advantage of this situation.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:36 PM

Rewards: 36,809
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1099
Likes (Received): 2894
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
Cleveland knew about IT's hip before they made the trade, it's not like the Celtics tried to hide the injury, if the Cavs were so concerned, they should have given him a physical before agreeing to the trade. This looks like an attempt by Cleveland to extort another asset from Boston, if I'm Danny there's no way I give them an additional first round pick, at most a couple of second rounders, but that's it. If the Cavs want to rescind the trade, so be it, but I wouldn't give them more than we've already given them, they'll probably ask for that Laker/Sac pick, and there's no fucking way I'm doing that if I'm Danny, fuck Cleveland if they think they can try to take advantage of this situation.
Well said and my thoughts exactly. Fuck Cleveland for even trying this bull shit. They knew everything up front and this is just a ploy to get more. Tell them to Fuck off and take the deal or leave it. I wouldn't give them anything more.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Chris Forsberg covers the Celtics and he agrees that Boston shouldn't give Cleveland any additional assets NBA -- Why Boston Celtics shouldn't sweeten the deal amid stalemate with Cleveland Cavaliers
Old 08-29-2017, 05:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Roots View Post
Well said and my thoughts exactly. Fuck Cleveland for even trying this bull shit. They knew everything up front and this is just a ploy to get more. Tell them to Fuck off and take the deal or leave it. I wouldn't give them anything more.
The way I see it, Boston would welcome IT and Crowder back with open arms, whereas Cleveland can't do the same with Irving, after everything that happened this past offseason there's no way the Cavs can start the season with Irving on the team. Other teams know this as well, meaning they wouldn't get anything close to the package that Boston is willing to give them, other teams would low ball them the way OKC did to Indiana in the Paul George trade. IMO Cleveland needs to get this trade done more than Boston, if I'm Danny Ainge, at most I give them a second round pick, if they don't like it, tell them no deal, this is a game of chicken, and if I'm Danny I'm sure as hell not backing down. Most of the talking heads seem to think the Cavs did very well in the trade, I don't think they get as good a package from another team, and that Brooklyn pick is gold
Old 08-30-2017, 03:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
There's a report that if the Irving trade with Boston falls through, the Bucks are prepared to offer Khris Middleton and Malcolm Brogdon for Irving, that's the type of deal Cleveland is looking at if they walk away from the Celtics offer. Now, while Middleton and Brogdon are nice players, if I'm Cleveland I would rather have Crowder, Zizic, and the Brooklyn pick over them anyway, let alone also getting IT, even if he's not at 100% to start the season.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:27 PM

Rewards: 193
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1854
Likes (Received): 1568
Boston is sending Cleveland a 2020 second-round pick to complete the Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade, league source tells ESPN.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:33 PM

Rewards: 193
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1854
Likes (Received): 1568
Boston will send its 2020 second-round pick via Miami to Cavaliers to complete the trade, league sources said. Boston would budge no more.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:43 AM
Maybe Tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
Danny is the man. Throw them a crap pick to get this done and move on.

Tags
cavaliers, irving, league, sources, told