Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

NBA Basketball NBA Handicapping - Post your NBA picks, talk NBA betting, anything NBA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 07-06-2018, 05:49 AM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 26,515
Rewards: 11,407,975
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5081
Likes (Received): 7789
What a douche Allen is. Some things never change!
__________________
Likes slimWins, Cali Roots, kbsooner21 liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-09-2018, 11:08 PM
New York Knight New York Knight is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 92,568
Rewards: 15,997
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 13248
Likes (Received): 23489
Deandre Ayton scored 17 and grabbed 13 rebounds in his 3rd Summer League game

He has shot 67% and averaged 16.0 PPG and 11.0 RPG so far in Summer League play

He has also recorded a double-double in each game against a fellow Top-10 pick (Marvin Bagley III & Mo Bamba)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Cali Roots Cali Roots is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 13,936
Rewards: 109,428
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1261
Likes (Received): 3152
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
So far in 3 summer League games, Trae Young is 3-24 (12.5%) from 3-pt range
Dude thinks he is Curry throwing up bombs from everywhere. I will not be shocked in the slightest if this guy is a complete bust.
__________________
Likes New York Knight liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-10-2018, 05:13 PM
kane kane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Fla
Posts: 2,543
Rewards: 44,722
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 528
Likes (Received): 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Roots View Post
Dude thinks he is Curry throwing up bombs from everywhere. I will not be shocked in the slightest if this guy is a complete bust.
I agree. He'll be a high volume scorer, a guy who takes a lot of shots to get his points, and he'll also turn it over a lot while getting abused on defense, the thought that he's another Curry is laughable. The Hawks fucked up big time trading Doncic for him imo.
__________________
Likes slimWins liked this post
It's not the kill, It's the thrill of the chase
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-10-2018, 07:05 PM
New York Knight New York Knight is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 92,568
Rewards: 15,997
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 13248
Likes (Received): 23489
Young went 6-35 (17.1%) from 3-pt range over his first 5 Summer League games combined

Better from beyond the arc today, going 7-13 as the Hawks defeated the Bulls, 101-93
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-12-2018, 05:15 AM
slimWins slimWins is online now
Hit 'em hard
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,840
Rewards: 134,965
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3618
Likes (Received): 1397
Looks like the Knicks got a player this year

Knox leads the summer league with 23.3 ppg
__________________
As of 10/10/18


NBA Preseason 2018
6-2 +480

NBA 2017/2018
147-122-1 -310

NBA Regular Season 2016/2017
129-94-6 +4515

MLB 2018
6-11 -1190

NCAAB 2017/2018
9-12-2 -720

NFL 2018
0-3-1 -660

Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-13-2018, 06:51 AM
slimWins slimWins is online now
Hit 'em hard
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,840
Rewards: 134,965
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3618
Likes (Received): 1397
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Yeah, i'm already not liking this punk!
Next page of the Robert Williams saga. He has an artery condition in his legs, the 20-year-old confirmed to the Boston Globe on Tuesday.

Everyone says it's not serious but it can't be good.


Boston Celtics rookie Robert Williams has artery condition in both of his legs - CBSSports.com
__________________
As of 10/10/18


NBA Preseason 2018
6-2 +480

NBA 2017/2018
147-122-1 -310

NBA Regular Season 2016/2017
129-94-6 +4515

MLB 2018
6-11 -1190

NCAAB 2017/2018
9-12-2 -720

NFL 2018
0-3-1 -660

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-19-2018, 01:54 PM
kbsooner21 kbsooner21 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland, America
Posts: 6,332
Rewards: 200,305
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2792
Likes (Received): 1711
Denver Nuggets 14th round pick Michael Porter Jr undergoes another back surgery.

Yikes, that can't be good.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-19-2018, 02:45 PM
slimWins slimWins is online now
Hit 'em hard
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,840
Rewards: 134,965
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3618
Likes (Received): 1397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsooner21 View Post
Denver Nuggets 14th round pick Michael Porter Jr undergoes another back surgery.

Yikes, that can't be good.

Not good at all .... No timetable for getting on the court.
__________________
As of 10/10/18


NBA Preseason 2018
6-2 +480

NBA 2017/2018
147-122-1 -310

NBA Regular Season 2016/2017
129-94-6 +4515

MLB 2018
6-11 -1190

NCAAB 2017/2018
9-12-2 -720

NFL 2018
0-3-1 -660

Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-19-2018, 03:43 PM
kane kane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Fla
Posts: 2,543
Rewards: 44,722
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 528
Likes (Received): 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimWins View Post
Not good at all .... No timetable for getting on the court.
Slim, if there's anyone who knows what it's like to have a first round pick sit out a season, it's you, LOL
__________________
Likes wayne1218, slimWins liked this post
It's not the kill, It's the thrill of the chase
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 07-19-2018, 03:44 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 26,515
Rewards: 11,407,975
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5081
Likes (Received): 7789
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimWins View Post
Next page of the Robert Williams saga. He has an artery condition in his legs, the 20-year-old confirmed to the Boston Globe on Tuesday.

Everyone says it's not serious but it can't be good.


Boston Celtics rookie Robert Williams has artery condition in both of his legs - CBSSports.com
Welcome to the D-League Robert
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-19-2018, 03:51 PM
slimWins slimWins is online now
Hit 'em hard
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,840
Rewards: 134,965
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3618
Likes (Received): 1397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
Slim, if there's anyone who knows what it's like to have a first round pick sit out a season, it's you, LOL
True that....

He is in a great situation to take care of himself, get healthy and not have any pressure of rushing back. If I was a Nuggets fan I wouldn't feel good about this news but just know he still has massive upside.
__________________
As of 10/10/18


NBA Preseason 2018
6-2 +480

NBA 2017/2018
147-122-1 -310

NBA Regular Season 2016/2017
129-94-6 +4515

MLB 2018
6-11 -1190

NCAAB 2017/2018
9-12-2 -720

NFL 2018
0-3-1 -660

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-19-2018, 03:52 PM
kane kane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Fla
Posts: 2,543
Rewards: 44,722
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 528
Likes (Received): 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Welcome to the D-League Robert
I don't know much about his artery condition, but I read somewhere that Danny knew about it before drafting him, so maybe it's not as serious as it sounds, or possibly it's something that will affect him down the road. Seems like it's always something with this kid, my expectations for him aren't as high as when we first took him, between his gaffe's off the court and his injuries on it he may never play to his talent and ability, but he's still young, not giving up on him yet
__________________
It's not the kill, It's the thrill of the chase
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-19-2018, 03:55 PM
kane kane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Fla
Posts: 2,543
Rewards: 44,722
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 528
Likes (Received): 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimWins View Post
True that....

He is in a great situation to take care of himself, get healthy and not have any pressure of rushing back. If I was a Nuggets fan I wouldn't feel good about this news but just know he still has massive upside.
From strictly a talent standpoint the kid would have gone probably top 3, but Denver thought at 14 it was worth the risk, I hope things work out for him, I'd hate to see such a talented kid's career ended because of an injury
__________________
Likes slimWins liked this post
It's not the kill, It's the thrill of the chase
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-19-2018, 06:50 PM
slimWins slimWins is online now
Hit 'em hard
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,840
Rewards: 134,965
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3618
Likes (Received): 1397
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I don't know much about his artery condition, but I read somewhere that Danny knew about it before drafting him, so maybe it's not as serious as it sounds, or possibly it's something that will affect him down the road. Seems like it's always something with this kid, my expectations for him aren't as high as when we first took him, between his gaffe's off the court and his injuries on it he may never play to his talent and ability, but he's still young, not giving up on him yet

And that's why he slipped so far to the C's.... Another guy who has upside that was hard to pass up at that spot...
__________________
As of 10/10/18


NBA Preseason 2018
6-2 +480

NBA 2017/2018
147-122-1 -310

NBA Regular Season 2016/2017
129-94-6 +4515

MLB 2018
6-11 -1190

NCAAB 2017/2018
9-12-2 -720

NFL 2018
0-3-1 -660

Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-08-2018, 06:53 AM
slimWins slimWins is online now
Hit 'em hard
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,840
Rewards: 134,965
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3618
Likes (Received): 1397
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimWins View Post
Zhaire Smith -- Will be the best mid 1st round pick....

This one will have to wait....

Smith has a Jones fracture in his left foot....

This Sixers kept Ben Simmons out his entire rookie season with the same injury...

Sixers injury curse is a real thing.... Just like Madden used to be a real curse....
__________________
As of 10/10/18


NBA Preseason 2018
6-2 +480

NBA 2017/2018
147-122-1 -310

NBA Regular Season 2016/2017
129-94-6 +4515

MLB 2018
6-11 -1190

NCAAB 2017/2018
9-12-2 -720

NFL 2018
0-3-1 -660

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-08-2018, 04:07 PM
kane kane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Fla
Posts: 2,543
Rewards: 44,722
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 528
Likes (Received): 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimWins View Post
This one will have to wait....

Smith has a Jones fracture in his left foot....

This Sixers kept Ben Simmons out his entire rookie season with the same injury...

Sixers injury curse is a real thing.... Just like Madden used to be a real curse....
Unreal, you couldn't make this up if you tried, it truly is amazing.
__________________
Likes slimWins liked this post
It's not the kill, It's the thrill of the chase
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1st, game, nba, pick, round

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.79% Host: cappersmallweb6