Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

NBA Basketball NBA Handicapping - Post your NBA picks, talk NBA betting, anything NBA.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:34 PM
Processing.....

Rewards: 121
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 760
Likes (Received): 1648
Smart choice to go to the East. He should be a starter in the AS game
Old 07-04-2017, 03:37 PM
Processing.....

Post Thanks / Like
Celtics still have to make moves to sign him to max deal.

[email protected] still need to clear cap space for GH max deal.That means pull QO 4 KO,renounce rights to FAs, waive JM+DJ, + move 1 more contract.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:37 PM

Rewards: 27,174
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 479
Likes (Received): 340
Looks like Hayward might be pulling a Deandre Jordan. Now he might stay in Utah, Woj said the Heat are out and it's either Utah or Boston
Old 07-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 5,046,431
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4103
Likes (Received): 5974
Go figure .....
Old 07-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Gordon Hayward has announced he's going to play for the Boston Celtics, choosing their offer over those from the Utah Jazz, his team since 2010, and the Miami Heat.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Processing.....

Post Thanks / Like
4 years 128 million lol. What a time to be an NBA Player
Old 07-04-2017, 09:03 PM

Rewards: 405,362
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1684
Likes (Received): 10154
Wow Hayward going to make $32 million /yr and durant $26.5 mill /yr, lebron made just under $31 mill last season.
RIP CM Legend Wayne Ironchung The Chunger
I never saw what greatness was in this business till GG went on a 37-4 run in MLB top plays July, 2015.
To GG And Goirish I Respect And Appreciate You Both More Than You Will Ever Know.
Roma! , thanks be47320 for the al kaline graphed card.
Wayne thanks for all your hard work around here.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:58 PM

Rewards: 24,929
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 149
Likes (Received): 346
I like it.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Good job again by Danny. In the last 3 years he has added Thomas, Horford and now Hayward to the mix. He also drafted a couple young athletic wing guys in Brown and Tatum and he still has a shit ton of draft picks in the next 3 years that he was able to hold on to, including 2 possible top 5 picks next year.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:49 AM
Processing.....

Post Thanks / Like
Ehhh Ainge had nothing to do with this man lol. Other than typing the contract he gets 0 credit for this. For the most part he's been killed all offseason, he's been called more overrated than Larry Brown lol. Ainge still has to find a team with cap room to trade either Smart or Crowder. It's not hard at all but he's gotta basically give a good player away. Remember Ainge did poorly in giving up the #1 pick. He most likely got a 2019 1st round pick from Sacramento that is actually wisely rebuilding for once. Even if all along they wanted Tatum, they got such very little so that's not a good job at all. He was killed for that trade.

It's a really good addition for the Celtics, but if they max out Thomas they're going to be in salary cap hell while Tatum, Brown, and those other draft picks/guaranteed contracts rot on the bench. Horford, Hayward, Thomas are not super stars. They're 2 all stars and a bad contract. Brown and Tatum have legit upside at below market value.

I wish we could just fast forward to the Conference Finals. Celtics should be able to win more than 1 game from the Cavs, might even be able to take the series. But if they have to trade Marcus Smart that's a big deal he makes up for Thomas' defensive short comings.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for an NBA Season.

Last edited by Seanie Mac; 07-05-2017 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:41 AM

Rewards: 29,836
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2379
Likes (Received): 1423
Hayward to Boston does nothing for me. Maybe I'm wrong, but he isn't the player Boston needs.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Some don't think he is a good fit and others do. I like it because he is exactly what they needed. A 2nd option on offense and a guy who can hit the outside shot. He will take some of the pressure off Thomas and they struggled all season to find that guy. Avery Bradley wasn't it. He struggled to create a shot and he was very inconsistent.

They are not winning the east but they secured their place at the top with Cleveland. It also sounds like Lebron and Kyrie may go west after next season too. Boston is still a player away but many are excited for year 2 of brown. He is going to be really good imo.

I also disagree about Danny. That may be your opinion seanie or others you read but there are plenty here that really like what Danny is doing and has done. It all started with the HC a few years ago and they have been building ever since. Zero credit to a GM for signing a big name FA? lol - ok seanie, whatever.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:55 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Marc Gasol on the Celtics radar
Old 07-05-2017, 12:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Some don't think he is a good fit and others do. I like it because he is exactly what they needed. A 2nd option on offense and a guy who can hit the outside shot. He will take some of the pressure off Thomas and they struggled all season to find that guy. Avery Bradley wasn't it. He struggled to create a shot and he was very inconsistent.

They are not winning the east but they secured their place at the top with Cleveland. It also sounds like Lebron and Kyrie may go west after next season too. Boston is still a player away but many are excited for year 2 of brown. He is going to be really good imo.

I also disagree about Danny. That may be your opinion seanie or others you read but there are plenty here that really like what Danny is doing and has done. It all started with the HC a few years ago and they have been building ever since. Zero credit to a GM for signing a big name FA? lol - ok seanie, whatever.
I agree 100% but my problem is that Boston has the pieces and players to make a move to win now! 2nd place to Cleveland isn't good enough to me with what they have and what they can offer. Hayward is a solid player, but it was a major bust imo to not bring in Butler, George, or Griffin.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsooner21 View Post
I agree 100% but my problem is that Boston has the pieces and players to make a move to win now! 2nd place to Cleveland isn't good enough to me with what they have and what they can offer. Hayward is a solid player, but it was a major bust imo to not bring in Butler, George, or Griffin.
George for 1 year did nothing for me. They wanted the Brooklyn pick and it wasn't worth it. Butler would have been nice though. I don't think griffin had any interest

The gasol thing would get me pretty stoked. I have always been a fan of that guy and it would be a huge add.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:06 PM
Processing.....

Post Thanks / Like
I think it's a good signing he's an all star level player. It's just now they're burying their young guys. They should have a decent bench. This move makes them better on offense for sure.

I'm just excited the Sixers CEILING could be a 6 seed and maybe win a game or 2.

Marc Gasol would be interesting for the C's
Old 07-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
The east is so bad right now. Losing butler, George and milsap made a horrible conference even worse. Good luck getting a spot on the west all star team and watch the scrubs that make it in the east.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Processing.....

Post Thanks / Like
Has Boston gained on Cleveland? Cavs getting a year older, they haven't gotten better. With the East so weak and the Warriors so good in the West, there's only 2 MAYBE 3 teams that can win the title. Boston is that 3rd team wildcard.

I'm a little surprised some if the really bad teams with few long term assets don't go all out tank mode. What's the point in battling for an 8 seed or getting the 8th pick? Next few years there looks like the draft will be super top heavy, maybe 2-3 studs. I would be doing all I can to lose as much as possible trying to get a top 3 pick the next 2 years. Teams like Indiana, Orlando, Knicks, Dallas, Phoenix. Normally I would include Sacramento but I kinda like what they're doing.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Processing.....

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
The east is so bad right now. Losing butler, George and milsap made a horrible conference even worse. Good luck getting a spot on the west all star team and watch the scrubs that make it in the east.
The snubs are gonna be crazy especially since it's majority fan votes for starters. So you can pretty much name the starters already. A lot of players have AS bonus'. Not to mention the super max is tied to All NBA teams. Only 25 players are making that. We can of 15 easily
Old 07-05-2017, 04:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I love what Danny Ainge is doing, the way he's building the Celtics roster will ensure they're a competitive team not just now, but for the long term as well. Last year he added Horford, this year it's Hayward, and neither of them cost Danny any of his picks. On draft night Danny offered the Pacers Crowder, Bradley, and three first rounders, I'm glad Indy said no. There was no way PG was going to sign long term in Boston, and I'm glad we didn't give away that much for a one year rental. As far as Butler goes, sure I would have liked to get him, but the two teams had many discussions regarding him going back to last year and nothing could get worked out, and it seemed like the Bulls were intent on shipping him out West, he'll only make one trip to Chicago every year and there's zero chance they'll face him in the playoffs. Had he gone to Boston, he would have haunted the Bulls for years to come, this way in Minnesota they won't have to deal with him.

Everyone is so concerned with "win now", but what Danny is doing is making sure the Celtics will be a healthy franchise well into the future. The roster is very balanced with veterans and youngsters. Guys like Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum, plus the two more high lottery picks they have in the next couple of years means they can stockpile a lot of young talent to go along with guys like Horford and IT. What Ainge is doing is making sure the C's can compete today, while also forging a very bright future, and he's doing it at the same time. Most teams that are trying to win now have to mortgage their future, not Ainge, he's managed to add two solid players without giving anything up.

I keep hearing how badly Danny messed up the draft, well let's see. The two top picks were point guards, the C's already have a pretty good one so there wasn't any reason to take Fultz or Ball, so he took Tatum. Right now there's no way to tell which of these guys will end up the better player, but Danny ended up with the player he wanted, plus he picked up an additional lottery pick, a win/win for him. Last year's team reached the Eastern Conference finals, to that team he's added the third pick and Gordon Hayward without having to sacrifice any of his coveted draft picks. Danny can either use those picks to keep accumulating young talent, or if the right player becomes available, he can use those picks to go get him.

I'll say it again, Danny is managing to keep the Celtics a competitive team, while at the same time ensuring the franchises future as well, that's not an easy thing to do, most teams can only do one or the other, compete now, or look to the future. At some point in the next few years LeBron has to slow down, and when he does start showing signs of aging, the Celtics look to be the team that takes over the East. Of course nothing is guaranteed, there's no way to know what kind of players Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum will end up being, but on paper when you look at the vets they currently have, plus the young guys, plus all those picks, the Celtics appear to be a team that will be good for many years to come.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Free-agent guard Nick Young has agreed to a one-year, $5.2 million deal with the Golden State Warriors, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN.

For the defending NBA champions, Young, 32, is a coup of a signing for the franchise's midlevel exception. Young had a revival season for the Los Angeles Lakers on both sides of the ball last season and comes to Golden State to play a pivotal role on the Warriors' bench.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
The LA Clippers have acquired Denver Nuggets free-agent forward Danilo Gallinari on a three-year, $65 million contract as part of a three-team sign-and-trade deal, league sources told ESPN.

Los Angeles, Denver and Atlanta reached agreement Tuesday night on a deal that will have the Clippers send Jamal Crawford, Diamond Stone, a 2018 first-round pick previously acquired from Houston and cash to the Hawks, league sources said.

Atlanta will send a 2019 second-round pick it previously acquired from Washington to Denver to complete the trade, league sources said.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
The Brooklyn Nets and restricted free agent Otto Porter Jr. have reached an agreement on an offer sheet that will pay the Washington Wizards forward the maximum of $106 million over four years, sources told ESPN's Tim MacMahon.

The Wizards have made it clear that they intend to exercise their right to match any offer to Porter, a source reiterated to ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk on Tuesday night.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Free-agent forward Patrick Patterson has reached agreement on a three-year, $16.4 million contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder, league sources told ESPN
Old 07-05-2017, 05:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Woj is reporting the Heat will re-sign Dion Waiters to a deal, didn't take long for Riley to move on from Hayward