Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

Pro Line & Lotteries Post picks or talk it up anything related to ProLine, Sports Lotteries or Canada

Likes Likes:  0

Old 03-11-2019, 08:49 AM

Rewards: 1,302
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 337
Props Edge Reference

I haven't seen any threads that directly reference this, so my apologies if this was already brought up. I am noticing that when most people here reference edges or bet based off them, the most commonly referenced website is Pinnacle.

Is there a reasoning to Pinnacle being the most mentioned site to reference an edge on props? Given how many websites there are and ranking popularity, I would have figured B365 would be the most referenced (247th Globally Ranked website vs 17,285 Ranked Globally for Pinnacle).

Yes, this may not mean much because everyone has their own preference for website betting, but am I missing something here that Pinnacle offers the most accurate Vegas based odds? Or are all websites taken into account here? What are the sites Cappers look at here to determine what the best edge is?

I also can't seem to find Pinnacle props as a guest, even before gametime. Does it require an account to view?
Old 03-11-2019, 09:22 AM

Rewards: 7,677
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1llups View Post
I haven't seen any threads that directly reference this, so my apologies if this was already brought up. I am noticing that when most people here reference edges or bet based off them, the most commonly referenced website is Pinnacle.

Is there a reasoning to Pinnacle being the most mentioned site to reference an edge on props? Given how many websites there are and ranking popularity, I would have figured B365 would be the most referenced (247th Globally Ranked website vs 17,285 Ranked Globally for Pinnacle).

Yes, this may not mean much because everyone has their own preference for website betting, but am I missing something here that Pinnacle offers the most accurate Vegas based odds? Or are all websites taken into account here? What are the sites Cappers look at here to determine what the best edge is?

I also can't seem to find Pinnacle props as a guest, even before gametime. Does it require an account to view?
I am a pinnacle subscriber for a few years now and often look at their prop lines, which I find very useful when playing olg props. You need to be a subscriber to view odds. Take care and good luck.

Fearsome Foursome, David "Deacon" Jones, Merlin

Olsen, Roosevelt Grier, Lamar Lundy and later Roger

Brown.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:53 PM

Rewards: 47,580
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4133
Likes (Received): 12873
b1llups, Pinnacle (or Pinny for short) is the industry standard when it comes to comparing book lines vs. OLG lines for values.

There are many reasons why this is the case (low vig, high limit, sharp lines etc). They also pay you promptly and without hassle, which may not be the case for other books.

There has not been enough data to confirm whether NBA Props discrepancies between Pinny and OLG are profitable in the long term but I know people use Pinny to find values for PointSpread and ProLine and they have been very successful in doing so, going back many, many years.

I know it has been a rough ride after the NBA All-Star break for many of us who dabble in NBA Props. I have no doubt you are still keeping track of all LLE combos, across the board, and it is no coincidence the number of reported LLE combos for NBA Props has dropped sharply, as a result. Just have to keep our chins up, lots of baskets left and hope we can seize the right moments to get things back on track.

Cheers.

Tags
edge, pinnacle, props, reference, website