Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

UFC, MMA, Boxing, etc Talk it up, anything related to Boxing, Wrestling, Ultimate Fighting, & all Martial Arts.

Likes Likes:  0

Old 10-15-2018, 05:44 PM

Rewards: 101
Post Thanks / Like
Floyd Mayweather responds to Khabib Nurmagomedov challenge: ‘Get the checkbook out’

Floyd Mayweather is never one to let an opportunity pass by.

A day after UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov issued a challenge to put his 27-0 MMA record on the line against Mayweather’s 50-0 boxing record, Mayweather took to Twitter to offer a response and, as usual, it sounds like he’s amenable if the price is right.

“CBS, Showtime and MGM Grand get the checkbook out!” Mayweather wrote.

Nurmagomedov was seen at a boxing event with Mayweather promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe on the weekend and a clip was released in which Nurmagomedov proposed a fight between “two guys never lose”. The unbeaten Russian recently added to his impressive resume with a dominant submission win over Conor McGregor at UFC 229, though the victory was somewhat overshadowed by the post-fight melee that followed.

A challenge from a UFC star is nothing new for Mayweather, who memorably feuded with McGregor for over a year before the two engaged in the most highly publicized crossover fight in history. Mayweather went on to defeat “The Notorious” in a boxing match on Aug. 26, 2017, via 10th-round TKO.

Neither Nurmagomedov nor Mayweather have indicated what kind of rules they might fight under should this matchup ever take place and for now it appears to be nothing more than two combat sports stars posturing. Just like Mayweather-McGregor once was.

[email protected] But no Vegas, they won’t pay my money.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:35 PM
Advisory Board

Rewards: 27,189
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 913
Likes (Received): 919
Who would want to see this?

Khabib is not a striker and Mayweather is never going to get into the octagon.

I know as a boxing fan I do not want to see this.

Mayweather could box these UFC guys and beat them into his 50's.

wde
Old 10-17-2018, 01:49 PM

Rewards: 109,597
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1273
Likes (Received): 3165
There is nothing to this. Floyd would kill him in a ring and Khabib would take Floyd right to the ground in the Octagon. This would never work.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:21 AM
Advisory Board

Rewards: 27,189
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 913
Likes (Received): 919
I hope

MMA is so desperate for attention they are willing to ruin their top guys..they have a great product but boxing is a international sport in almost every country, they are in the olympics, there is no contest here

As I said before McGregor would not have been in the top 30 of true welterweights in boxing.

I do not know how Mayweather would do in the octagon because it is stupid for him to do it.

wde

Tags
boxing, challenge, fight, mayweather, nurmagomedov