Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

Notices

UFC, MMA, Boxing, etc Talk it up, anything related to Boxing, Wrestling, Ultimate Fighting, & all Martial Arts.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:42 AM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Rewards: 17,623
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3396
Likes (Received): 5971
Mayweather vs McGregor

I will watch this as it is a good party and I want to see Davis n the undercard along with a couple others. I like Connor basically because I back my countryman but s for putting money on him? Nah. I really do not see much value in the fight whatsoever. Connor will have a huge supporting fan base for the fight which is why it has been bet down so much. Does he have a shot? Slim very slim. The only thing I can see is under the total rounds. I don't see much of an advantage the 8oz gloves will give Connor as still has to be able to hit Floyd. They will definitely help Floyd who has little ko power with the 10az gloves and he will surely hit Connor. This is a no play for me. Gl and enjoy the party ateast. We have a real fight coming in 3 weeks
Old 08-23-2017, 11:13 AM

Rewards: 5,343
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 392
Likes (Received): 460
I bought the Under back on Aug 8. Odds sucked at -160, so I used it in a two team parlay with the second spot open. My feeling is pretty much the same as Crawford/Ondongo fight, McGregor doing what I thought Indongo would do - avoid score cards by coming out and pressing action from the opening bell, either KO or get KO'd. Surprised to see the $ coming in on the Under, with Mayweather style I thought Ov would get more play.

Waiting for round props to be posted for other fights Saturday night, hopefully something there to jump on.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:21 AM
Advisory Board

Rewards: 18,928
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 809
Likes (Received): 610
I cannot believe that the odds give McGregor a better chance then Marco Huck has the next week in a title shot in the CW tournament that starts.

lol

wde
Old 08-24-2017, 05:59 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
It is the money on the gamblers from Ireland and England and Irish americans that have driven this price way down.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:09 AM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
Fuck it. I will be watching it so I may as well put a little something on it. I will use Floyd by TKO DQ or KO. I just can not see n any fashion or form how Connor has a shot in this fight. Connor hasn't see anyone that comes right after him but that in itself is wrong. PacMan wanted to do that but Floyd did what Floyd does and makes you miss and counterpunches the hell out of you. Judah did it wel for awhile and had Floyd in trouble but Floyd took what he had then took it to him. Gatti was one of the ones who always imposed his rumble style in a fight and he tried that on Floyd and he was absolutely dismantled. Floyd has fought many Hall of Fame fighters in his career and everyone of them said the same thing. You cant hit him. Ricky Hatton another hard punching fighting said you couldn't touch him with confetti if you threw it at him. Canelo was embarrassed and beaten up. Maidana won about 4 to 5 rounds in the first fight and people thought that was an accomplishment. Then the rematch came and Floyd easily out pointed him. Maidana is one of the hardest hitters of this generation and did nothing. I like Connor he is my countryman and no matter what happens he has his family set up for a couple lifetimes. But to think a guy making his pro debut against like it or not the best fighter of his generation is not going to happen. Floyd hasn't been a KO puncher since he was Pretty Boy Floyd but if Connor thinks he will come straight ahead and attack he will be crushed. Floyd is great on the back pedal and his shoulder roll and counter punch are second to none. I can see this being stopped after Floyd figures out what Connor is trying to do. I guarantee there is no plan B as he doesn't have enough experience to come up with one. When trainers like Roach are unable to figure out a Plan B you can bet your ass Connor and his team will be dumbfounded.
1 unit Floyd by KO TKO or DQ -130

Enjoy the event. It should be a fun night either way

Last edited by PHILLYBIRDS20; 08-25-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Advisory Board

Post Thanks / Like
I like it and I kind of like the DQ aspect too

GL to us

wde
Old 08-25-2017, 04:47 PM

Rewards: 20,420
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5649
Likes (Received): 3785
Wish my buddy PB lived closer to come over and watch!!!!Enjoy my friend!!
Old 08-25-2017, 05:10 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
Wish my buddy PB lived closer to come over and watch!!!!Enjoy my friend!!
Thanks Titan. I am usually good to watch a boxing match with but this is a whole other thing. Plenty of Irish Whiskey and bull shitting. Don't get me wrong I am usually pretty lit watching the big Fights on A Sat but this is just a party.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by cman View Post
I like it and I kind of like the DQ aspect too

GL to us

wde
It is really the only thing I could find value in CMAN. What the hell I have wasted money on worse bets than this
Old 08-26-2017, 07:02 PM

Rewards: 5,343
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 392
Likes (Received): 460
I added Vargas Un 10' -105 on the HBO card for some T.V. action.
Good luck with your card tonight, Philly.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:06 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
Gotta tell you. If McGregor got himself a good trainer and some warm up fights This guy could be a good boxer. He has a ton of holes and he is so unorthodox its confusing.. If Floyd fought his normal way this wouldn't have been close. Floyd left himself open for punches by coming straight ahead. And the shoulder roll is useless against a Southpaw so you are forced to go into a high guard position. I thought the fight was entertaining and ended how I thought it would. I was very upset at Davis and his performance. Think he was very uninterested in his fight and its a good thing Nathan Cleverly retired fter his fight because Badu Jack was force feeding him punches all night
Old 08-28-2017, 10:35 AM

Rewards: 36,800
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1099
Likes (Received): 2892
Overall the fight was entertaining although I thought the Showtime coverage and announcers were fucking garbage.

Connor was solid and held is own. He does need to learn how to leverage is punches more and definitely get more on the jab. The jabs had nothing behind it. Floyd noticed that the punches of Connor couldn't hurt him so he just came inside and then attacked. The counter punching by Connor in the early rounds was very impressive, super quick. Floyd (and his corner) is as smart as they come inside that ring and he showed it again.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:20 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
For a guy with no professional training and fighting one of the best ever he did ok. He does not know how to use his power on his punches and if Mayweather would have fought as he usually does he would have been buried. But overall he didn't embarrass himself and I had him winning 3 rounds
Old 08-28-2017, 07:33 PM
Running On Empty

Rewards: 31,645
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 907
Likes (Received): 1130
let us know how the Notorious Whiskey is
Old 08-29-2017, 06:21 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
I don't think I will be drinking that. lol. Unless it shows up at my house then I may have a taste
Old 09-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Advisory Board

Post Thanks / Like
I still have to think that with the new rules coming down from boxing that will soon limit re-hydrating to a point, Conor will never make it as a boxer.

Floyd, who had not fought in 2 years stopped a fighter who re-hydrated to almost 170 pounds..20 pounds heavier then what Money fought at.....and Money has not stopped a fighter in 6 years and the fighter was in a lower weight class.

The truth remains you don't become a professional boxer at 30. Professional "fighter" or maybe "opponent" maybe...but not a boxer

wde
Old 09-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
Floyd Carried him he could've put this away if he wanted to and it is way too late to become a pro boxer if you have never done it. I thought he did better than he would though.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:17 PM
Advisory Board

Post Thanks / Like
I thought he embarrassed himself....170 vs 150

Let another true Light HW fight him....

wde
Old 09-02-2017, 06:11 AM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
I didn't think he embarrassed himself at all. He was exactly what he was supposed to be. An inexperienced fighter who was in it for the big payday
Old 09-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Advisory Board

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYBIRDS20 View Post
Floyd Carried him he could've put this away if he wanted to and it is way too late to become a pro boxer if you have never done it. I thought he did better than he would though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYBIRDS20 View Post
I didn't think he embarrassed himself at all. He was exactly what he was supposed to be. An inexperienced fighter who was in it for the big payday

He has probably earned his way to get his ass handed to him again by another top 20 WW in boxing.

It will be sad though if that fight is against Paulie Mag...

because even if he fights and wins against Paulie and he claims he beat world champ...Paulie who legit won a world title at the Jr Welter, at WW the title he won would be like if the 3rd tier group of MMA (World Series of Fighting) were to claim their champ was the best in the world. Paulie when he held the WW title was frequently not even ranked in the top 10 of WW by Ring magazine

wde
Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
I seriously hope he just goes back to MMA. I wouldn't watch that again. It was a one time thing I was hoping. If this was an ongoing thing it would definitely suck for Boxing and the real fans. I like Conor but he accomplished what he wanted got his huge payday great name recognition and should have bumped hi way up on the UFC Pay scale.

Tags
connor, fight, floyd, gloves, slim