Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

UFC, MMA, Boxing, etc Talk it up, anything related to Boxing, Wrestling, Ultimate Fighting, & all Martial Arts.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:22 AM
Running On Empty

Rewards: 31,108
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 898
Likes (Received): 1125
Mega-Fight

Floyd Mayweather Jnr vs Conor McGregor WILL take place | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Advisory Board

Rewards: 18,417
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 787
Likes (Received): 576
Why...if it is a mma fight McGregor will win, if it is a boxing match Mayweather will win...

Two completely different sports with different skill sets...I would not buy this fight or give it any credence...

McGregor is slow and cannot defend on his feet...Mayweather is not a wrestler.

Mayweather is not going to fight for only 25 mill. Mayweather maybe bored but this would be a shut out if it is based on his terms and I cannot see why he would agree to a MMA style match which is the only way it could be possibly competitive

wde
Old 01-29-2017, 11:49 AM
Advisory Board

Post Thanks / Like
This link just continues to justify why it will not take place.

Mayweather would take this fight only as a boxing match..

The other question is why does anyone in MMA want this, they have their own nitch and it is not a $100 million dollar part of the pie.

They do not want to make anyone that powerful

Boxing suffers because of promoters and fighters who value themselves over the fight.

It opens pandora box for MMA/Bellator and other potential organisations.

Dana White does not want to give up the only true title of fighting sports..."The face of the sport"

To do this would relegate his role

wde
Old 01-29-2017, 01:14 PM

Rewards: 13,472
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 29
Likes (Received): 110
Would be very surprised if this happens.
Mayweather moving to 50-0 over someone making their debut would only negate his legacy.
Errol Spence would be a nice comeback fight for him
Old 01-29-2017, 04:17 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Rewards: 17,193
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 3376
Likes (Received): 5907
I think it will happen. If anyone pays a dime for this fight they have lost their fucking marbles. They will both get paid and make a minimum 200million each. I will not waste my time analyzing this.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:19 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by capperdan View Post
Would be very surprised if this happens.
Mayweather moving to 50-0 over someone making their debut would only negate his legacy.
Errol Spence would be a nice comeback fight for him
no one and I mean no one wants Spence CD

Last edited by PHILLYBIRDS20; 01-29-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:13 AM
Degenerate

Rewards: 478
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 532
Likes (Received): 469
They should do a boxing match in mma gloves. Floyd would never agree to it though.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdad View Post
They should do a boxing match in mma gloves. Floyd would never agree to it though.
Floyd would absolutely destroy him. Conor does not hit as hard as half the people that Floys has been in the ring with and I don't think McGregor would even touch him. Conor should be the one who would make sure it is boxing gloves
Old 01-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Advisory Board

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYBIRDS20 View Post
Floyd would absolutely destroy him. Conor does not hit as hard as half the people that Floys has been in the ring with and I don't think McGregor would even touch him. Conor should be the one who would make sure it is boxing gloves
I doubt that Conor would win a round...on top of it would be the stamina issue...fighting at a more hectic pace for 12 rounds is much different then fighting three rounds of 5 minutes long...

If it is reversed and it is MMA rules Conor would have the advantage if he can catch Floyd...Floyd could sit down on one of his punches though and knock him out.

Believe me Floyd is not a big puncher compared to a lot of world class boxers, but he will be the biggest puncher Conor has ever faced. Because , he can repeat that power shot over and over.

Worst decision Conor or UFC could ever make is to put their best star (not even their best fighter) against arguably the greatest boxer in our time.

JMHO

wde
Old 01-30-2017, 05:26 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
This would be McGREGORS Retirement as He will make a mint if it happens. Floyd gets his easy 50th and another huge payday. Everyone is happy. I don't think UFC People understand the skill and commitment that goes into boxing. UFC Guys are skilled in many different fighting styles and usually are a master of one. Boxers are just Boxing and have been doing it their whole lives. To think you will just pick up the sport and beat one of the best in the world is insane. Even being out of the game a few years it will be a joke.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:45 PM
Advisory Board

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYBIRDS20 View Post
This would be McGREGORS Retirement as He will make a mint if it happens. Floyd gets his easy 50th and another huge payday. Everyone is happy. I don't think UFC People understand the skill and commitment that goes into boxing. UFC Guys are skilled in many different fighting styles and usually are a master of one. Boxers are just Boxing and have been doing it their whole lives. To think you will just pick up the sport and beat one of the best in the world is insane. Even being out of the game a few years it will be a joke.

By boxing rules Conor McGregor would not even be a fringe contender in the weight of around 145.

Believe me I have come to respect and really enjoy UFC and MMA. Thanks to guys on this forum like NYK and others, I appreciate their skill and amazed at their hearts. There is a reason no one in this sport goes undefeated...

However, boxing is such a different sport....

I hope UFC/MMA does not make a money grab and demean their sport...

wde
Old 02-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
If this makes sense to you imo he would be better off fighting Mayweather who has been inactive a few years. If he gets in the ring with an active Manny Pacquiao he will get absolutely dismantled in 1 round. Floyd will toy with him and Manny will just go for the kill and he will get it
Old 02-02-2017, 09:56 AM

Rewards: 13,472
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 29
Likes (Received): 110
A lot of boxers have tried MMA and despite a Ray Mercer knockout that comes to mind haven't had much success.... Its crazy to think their star as cman said would jump over just to get embarrassed. The power of the all mighty dollar I guess...
Whoever invested in this company must be having second thoughts with Rousey seemingly hanging it up and McGregor having a play date with Mayweather
Old 02-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Advisory Board

Post Thanks / Like
lol...having a play date with Mayweather...

Funny as hell comment

wde
Old 02-14-2017, 04:27 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
looks like its getting close and what a disaster
Old 02-14-2017, 05:02 PM
Banned

Rewards: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 12303
Likes (Received): 18513
NSAC chairman Anthony Marnell confirms there have been "real discussions" with "the real players involved" on McGregor vs. Mayweather.

"Everyone is declaring they want $100 million"

Marnell confirmed to ESPN that the commission has been made aware of active negotiations between the two camps, but said the fight still faces several challenges.

"There is a lot of real stuff going on," Marnell said Tuesday. "It still seems like a long shot, but when there is a lot of money involved, people tend to figure it out. There are a lot of cooks in the kitchen, but I'm not sure if we're going to eat"
Old 02-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
If anyone pays a dime to watch this fight they should just go flush the money down the toilet instead. I have watched McGregor spar against an amateur and looked like a fool. I don't know if he was doing it on purpose but I think I had better footwork then him and when I boxed I was not known for many things but footwork would probably be the last thing I had lol
Old 02-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Advisory Board

Post Thanks / Like
you still probably had better footwork after 12 beers....

I hope this fight is under MMA rules because otherwise this is horrible for both sports

wde
Old 02-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Post Thanks / Like
Mayweather has no to gain going MMA. He will be killed. MCGregor will get a monster payday no matter what so if he wants this is his retirement.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
LV SuperBook ...

Boxing match only

Conor McGregor +1100
Floyd Mayweather -2500

*must take place by 5/31/2018*
Old 02-16-2017, 02:57 PM

Rewards: 36,348
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1085
Likes (Received): 2848
That's all this would be is the pay day for McGregor. He will make more this fight than his entire MMA career and it wont be close. So I understand why it make sense for him. UFC has to give their approval and I don't get why it makes it sense for them. Their star will go and get killed and it tarnishes their star and sport a bit. I mean can UFC really make enough $$ on this to justify it for them?
Old 02-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
UFC / Dana knows Conor isn't sticking around that much longer with or without this fight. The UFC holds exclusive rights on McGregor’s combat sports career and would need to sign off on any bout outside the promotion, including a super fight with Mayweather. At the end of the day, Dana is a greedy / money hungry fool, he would be more than willing to do anything possible while they still have him knowing McGregor is a money making machine for the company whether its in a ring or a cage. The only way Dana would fight this is if Conor wanted to promote this on his own (which he could with the Ali Act) and that would be a disaster.

Win / lose / draw vs. Mayweather won't tarnish his reputation or the UFC's in the least bit. He is going against the very best in a sport he has never competed in and is expected to get smoked. Even with an embarrassing loss, McGregor's popularity and brand will still go through the roof.