Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

UFC, MMA, Boxing, etc Talk it up, anything related to Boxing, Wrestling, Ultimate Fighting, & all Martial Arts.

Likes Likes:  2

Old 09-05-2017, 01:19 PM

Rewards: 21,605
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 12540
Likes (Received): 19760
NYK UFC 215 (September 9)

Rogers Place - Edmonton, Canada
Saturday, September 9th

Leading up to UFC 213 I was backing Amanda Nunes ... but after pulling out of the fight, a major red flag went up. Of course you want to enter fight day at 100% but it's pretty rare that happens after weeks of training and cutting weight. if you’re cleared by doctors and still won't fight obviously there is a problem other than health.

At UFC 196, Nunes came out on top with a unanimous decision victory over Shevchenko in a 3 round fight, but the "Lioness" was in serious trouble in the 3rd with Shevchenko grinding / wearing her down. If that fight had seen a 4th round, IMO the end result would have been totally different.

Shevchenko will have a ton of confidence heading into Saturday night knowing she can handle and survive Nunes' power while dragging the champ into deep water depleting her gas tank. This time around, the "Bullet" will have 2 more rounds to work with. A confident Valentina is a scary Valentina ... as long as the challenger can handle the early onslaught, there is a very good chance Shevchenko leaves Edmonton with the bantamweight strap over her shoulder.

Valentina "Bullet" Shevchenko -120
Old 09-07-2017, 12:30 AM
Advisory Board

Rewards: 19,502
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 832
Likes (Received): 646
I am following.

I kind of see this fight as boring. I have to believe Nunez will be conserving to make sure she is there at the end

I really only believe she is the one that will make the fight interesting if she exerts energy.

A stoppage is possible but not likely IMHO

wde
Old 09-07-2017, 03:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like
I disagree that this might be a boring fight ... IMO it has the makings for Fight of the Night contender.

I really think Amanda was scared after not putting away Valentina early in the first fight.

Shevchenko has a full tool box ... Muay Thai expert / phenomenal striking skills / an absolute killer in the clinch / deep kickboxing background (59-2 record) and can submit just about anybody when a fight hits the floor.

Add in Valentina's gas tank / endurance / confidence ... This play is totally worth a shot.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:57 AM

Post Thanks / Like
LOSER

Amanda Nunes def. Valentina Shevchenko by split decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47)

Fight could have gone either way but the champ will always have the advantage in a razor thin decision

Shevchenko made Nunes miss again and again and Shevchenko landed more effectively. Shevchenko landed 104 total strikes to 85 for Nunes. Nunes getting the takedown in the final minutes I guess sealed the deal

Oh well ... a loss is a loss.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:42 PM

Rewards: 94,017
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 316
Likes (Received): 633
Good to have you back Knight.

Tags
fight, nunes, shevchenko, ufc, valentina