Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > More Sports Forums > UFC, MMA, Boxing, etc

UFC, MMA, Boxing, etc Talk it up, anything related to Boxing, Wrestling, Ultimate Fighting, & all Martial Arts.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By PHILLYBIRDS20
  • 1 Post By New York Knight
  • 1 Post By cman
  • 1 Post By cman
  • 1 Post By BFDwager
  • 2 Post By cman
  • 1 Post By capperdan
  • 1 Post By capperdan
  • 1 Post By cman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 07:45 AM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Rewards: 30,781
Sat Night This week

Some nice Fights this weekend headed by my favorite Carl Frampton and Leo Santa Cruz rematch. The first fight was worth watching and really showed me a lot with Frampton. I wrote on here almost 2 years ago how my cousin was talking about this kid that is from my Hometown Belfast and trains where my cousin did. I tool Santa Cruz in the first fight as I thought his range and power would be too much to overcome. I don't know wtf kind of fight SC was fighting as he continuously let Frampton on the inside and have his way. SC has been known to let other fighters dictate the pace and the style of fight. I am waiting until Sat to make a play on this as there wont be any weigh in issues as both are true professionals I just want to see where the money is going. This is basically a pick as Frampton is -140 and this is as close to an even fight as I have seen.

Mikey Garcia vs Dejan Zlaticanin is another fight going Sat night for the WBO Lightweight Belt. Mikey Garcia imo is a top 10 pound for pound fighter when he is fighting. His problem is he hibernates and doesn't stay active. He has had a lot of contract disputes that have messed things up but besides all that he should have been a bit more active over the last few years instead of this being just his 2nd fight in 3 years and the last against Elio Rojas who is nothing to write home about. Zlaticanin is a bit older and is undefeated 22-0 but he has never really gotten his big shot and this is it. He has good ko power and from watching some of his fights he seems to have very good boxing skills in reference to footwork head movement and mixing up his punches. But IMO Garcia is in a different class. 35-0 with a great ko percentage of 29 stoppages. I think Garcia is back on track and this will set him up for a foght against Linares then he should move up in weight class. This is by no means a layup. Zlaticanin has been stopping fighters and has beaten former champ Ricky Burns on his home ring in Scotland. He took him apart in that fight. I think whoever wins this would beat Linares either way. This is the undercard to Frampton Santa Cruz and it should be a great fight. I look for Mikey Garcia to come out on top in the end 1 unit Garcia-235
Old 01-26-2017, 06:19 PM

Rewards: 19,892
Good Luck man.

I'm gonna tag along for some added Saturday night action.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Advisory Board

Rewards: 17,619
I think Garcia is a beast...but if he keeps having contract disputes father time is going to rob him of his place in history

wde
Old 01-26-2017, 09:12 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman View Post
I think Garcia is a beast...but if he keeps having contract disputes father time is going to rob him of his place in history

wde
The disputes are killing him. Now he has a very hungry fighter he is going against. Could be interesting but if its the Mikey Garcia I expect to see it could be done inside of 6
Old 01-26-2017, 09:15 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

still waiting on Frampton Santa Cruz. I have gone back and forth on this one. I am leaning Santa Cruz but Frampton should be even more confident going into this fight as he has felt his punches and he knows he can dictate the pace and style. If SC doesn't stay away from Frampton and gets inside and mixes it up he will lose again
Old 01-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

This Frampton SantaCruz fight is as I close I can see a fight. The first fight was extremely close and could've went either way or a draw and I don't see much changing here, See the Irish Money is coming in on Frampton right now as he is -175. I am taking Santa Cruz in this +135. but I AM A Frampton FAN. I cant see SC FIGHTING THE SAME FIGHT. He needs to stay on the outside and jab away. He cannot get into an inside brawl again with Frampton who is at a huge disadvantage with his reach. SC fought Framptons fight last time and still could have won. I think he makes some adjustments and gets an extremely close Split Decision. If you want a huge payoff that actually has a chance put 20 bucks on a draw at 19-1. The last fight very well could have been a draw and I expect this to be very close so who knows.
Leo SantaCruz+135 .5 units. Nothing big here. Should be a great fight to watch
Old 01-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Advisory Board

Give me a great fight...I am there

Sorry bro I think Frampton out works him and I have watched their last 3 fights a piece.

I am going against the master...maybe betting my heart a little but I think Frampton ...

2 units on him -185 for me

but if the draw is available I am betting it as well

wde
Old 01-27-2017, 10:11 PM
Come get some...

Rewards: 58,954
Thanks for the heads up Pbird. Totally forgot that it was Fight Night!
Old 01-28-2017, 07:01 AM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman View Post
Give me a great fight...I am there

Sorry bro I think Frampton out works him and I have watched their last 3 fights a piece.

I am going against the master...maybe betting my heart a little but I think Frampton ...

2 units on him -185 for me

but if the draw is available I am betting it as well

wde
I am a Frampron Fan. My cousin told me about this kid a couple years ago. He thinks Frampton gets it done again also. Rematches usually go the same the way but I just don't know wtf SC was doing in that last fight. Like I said if he brawls he will lose. He has a great jab and Frampton and His Trainer Barry McGuigan had a great fight plan going in. Bol on your play
Old 01-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Advisory Board

By the way a fantastic non-football day of sports for me...

Williams sisters in the finals...those that do not appreciate what they have done are clueless about sports. You may not find them sexy like some of the players but they are the best of the best..Great final I wish it went 3 sets but solid on both parts

Big12/SEC basketball challenge with my Tigers a real chance to knock off and improve their RPI this evening.

Then Frampton and SC to top it off

I love this day...a few beers by 12 throw some brauts on the grill this afternoon...

A good night to be me

wde
Old 01-28-2017, 07:28 PM

Rewards: 7,599
good luck my dude
Old 01-29-2017, 12:07 AM

Rewards: 7,599
Congrats! nice calls
Old 01-29-2017, 12:10 AM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

We couldve hit the draw. Great fight CD. Mikey Garcia is a top 6 or 7 pound for pound. He is devastating
Old 01-29-2017, 12:11 AM
Fish Eyed Fool Fucka

Once he starts getting busy again he is unstoppable at that weight. He will be moving up but no-one wants him
Old 01-29-2017, 04:06 AM
Advisory Board

Nice call bro!!!

A draw would have been a nice payday

wde