Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

UFC, MMA, Boxing, etc Talk it up, anything related to Boxing, Wrestling, Ultimate Fighting, & all Martial Arts.

Likes Likes:  0

Old 02-17-2019, 11:59 AM
@j_devro

Rewards: 10,606
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 107
UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs Velasquez

Hello all. Going to leave my plays here this week. Things have been going well lately so I have gathered the motivation to type a few words to you all here

Cynthia Calvillo by submission +209

I like Cortney Casey, she just brings it. Former soccer player in Texas. She is a naturally solid athlete. She's big and tough but her weaknesses align perfectly with what Calvillo does... grapple. Calvillo joined a great camp full of grapplers at Team Alpha Male led by Danny Castillo who has a strong wrestling base. I believe Calvillo will have the right gameplan here and she will execute it. The fight will end up on the ground and when it does I feel it won't take Calvillo too long to find something. Casey will engage aggressively both standing and on the ground, the latter won't work to her favor here.

Renan Barao +140 over Luke Sanders

Luke Sanders, boyfriend of Becky Lynch (his claim to fame), will be in a little over his head here in my opinion. Sure, Renan Barao has not looked the same since USADA integrated itself in the UFC but Luke Sanders is a perfect matchup for him no? Sanders will push the pace and stay in his face. Sanders will take chances. The Baron has made a living on finishing over-aggressive standup fighters. Barao is getting no respect here for his current run. He can't lose to Luke Sanders though

I feel like he can get an early finish here.

PARLAY: Bermudez & Holtzman +140

I feel Bermudez is a very strong fighter with a good gas tank. Got himself off to a dashing start in a good win over a 'dangerous' Davey Grant. Who is tricky on the ground and packs a good power shot. I feel like Bermudez looked great in that fight. Beating Grant in every area of MMA. Benito Lopez is a scrappy fighter but Bermudez will be a little too sharp for him in all areas.

Holtzman is a go, go, go fighter. He won't respect Lentz's power and he should be able enough to shrug off Nik's takedown attempts. This fight, to me, seems to be a VERY bad matchup for Lentz. A guy with a very good gas tank, good power and throws hard. Holtzman should walk through Nik Lentz. If I'm wrong, oh well, but I don't see it.

Good luck guys. Sunday Funday. If I've made spelling or grammatical errors I'd rather not hear about it
Old 02-17-2019, 12:34 PM

Rewards: 28,613
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 13498
Likes (Received): 24521
Good Luck

I can't touch Renan at 1-5 in his last 6 and on the flip side Sanders doesn't belong in the UFC dropping 3 of last 4

If backing Cynthia, sub or ITD at +175 is the only way to go ... -345 isn't worth the try ... too much risk, little reward vs. a game opponent.

Nice to see you posting, Enjoy the fights
Old 02-17-2019, 01:35 PM

Rewards: 63,280
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 333
Likes (Received): 687
gl dude
Old 02-17-2019, 05:24 PM
@j_devro

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks boys, lets get em.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:38 PM
@j_devro

Post Thanks / Like
Lentz gets beatup standing as was expected but wins by tripping Holtzman against the fence a number of times.

Typical wrestling vs boxing judging. Wrestling overvalued in this fight.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:59 PM
@j_devro

Post Thanks / Like
Calvillo is showing off her striking tonight... lol.

I've been so bad on here when I have posted the last 4 or 5 times. I don't understand it. That being said I'll try to put some + back with Paul Felder. Going to play him for +105. I don't trust James Vick. He has a jab and that is about it. Felder should be able to get in his face and land here.

Bad night. The chase is on.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:03 PM

Rewards: 63,280
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 333
Likes (Received): 687
gl man. it will turn around

Tags
gathered, motivation, ngannou, type, words