Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > > >

Politics Political discussion will only be allowed in here.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:36 PM
WHINY CUNT

Rewards: 13,107
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5608
Likes (Received): 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Migrant group demands Trump either let them in or pay them each $50G to turn around: report | Fox News

Thought this was pretty funny. Who do these people think they are making demands like this?

"Two groups of Central American migrants marched to the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana on Tuesday with a list of demands, with one group delivering an ultimatum to the Trump administration: either let them in the U.S. or pay them $50,000 each to go home, a report said.

Among other demands were that deportations be halted and that asylum seekers be processed faster and in greater numbers, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

The first group of caravan members, which included about 100 migrants, arrived at the consulate around 11 a.m. Alfonso Guerreo Ulloa, an organizer from Honduras, said the $50,000 figure was chosen as a group."
Welfare Use by Immigrant and Native Households | Center for Immigration Studies
Old 01-11-2019, 08:40 AM
Waiting for MLB

Rewards: 32,578
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 728
Likes (Received): 790
Caravans are like hurricanes that start out as tropical storms. Another forming up again.

Giant image file
https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/pr...acostawall.gif

Here’s what CNN isn’t reporting: After building a wall, the San Diego sector went from a peak of over 600,000 illegal border crossers in 1986 to 26,290 in 2015. Jim Acosta walked along a row of steel posts saying "See! no one here trying to cross."

Not on youtube yet.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:23 AM
Waiting for MLB

Post Thanks / Like
tweet of the day

@realDonaldTrump

I like to use a more accurate term than undocumented. These caravan participants are Foreign Nationals. STAND STRONG for a wall! Foreign Nationals on a forced march under Foreign flags are more like an army than immigrants who wish to join the great melting pot.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Waiting for MLB

Post Thanks / Like
The Wanton Slaughter of Free Speech in America

from Gates of Vienna

Posted on February 3, 2019 by Baron Bodissey

Long-time readers will remember Michael Hansen, a.k.a. “The Dane”, a Danish-American documentary maker who produced two ground-breaking movies, Killing Europe and Killing Canada. He was scheduled to show the latter film in Canada, but the venue canceled the showing at the last minute. Ironically enough, he was then booked to speak in Ottawa about what happened to Killing Canada, and the implications for free speech, but that appearance was also canceled at the last minute.

His experiences in Canada prompted him to examine the state of free speech in the USA. The result was a movie called Killing Free Speech. He showed an early version to local representatives of the border patrol officers’ union in San Diego, and they liked it so much that a screening was planned for the national organization in Washington DC. However, when word got out about what was happening, that showing was — you guessed it — canceled.

Late last year Mr. Hansen released his final version of the movie. You’ll see quite a few familiar faces among those interviewed for the film — Bill Warner, Jim Hoft (of Gateway Pundit), and Diana West, among others. My favorite parts were his interviews with Antifa members and anarchists, and especially his trip to the southern border to talk to border patrol agents and see for himself the sorry state of our border security.

Here’s what he said about his movie in his press release:

Allow me to introduce myself: I’m Michael Hansen.

I just put out a movie called “Killing Free Speech”. It’s about the Left’s attempt to control the narrative through an all-out assault on free speech. Its operatives range from Antifa in the streets to politicians in the upper echelons of the Democrat Party.

One consequence of this process manifests itself in what is happening at the border, and, more importantly, the false narrative being pushed by the Left about the border issue.

In my movie, I accompany the border patrol on location and let the facts speak for themselves.

The border patrol union liked the movie so much that the San Diego chapter arranged a screening for its agents and those of other law enforcement agencies. They also wanted to set up additional screenings for local chapters of the border patrol union in Texas.

However, after the media heard about the event, these were the headlines…

Now as to their claims of white nationalist… I’m not sure if they are referring to this guy this guy or that guy.…It is completely fake news — in the articles they never actually identify who these alleged “white nationalists” are.

Other than proving the movie right about the fake news media, why did these “journalists” do it? Because they wanted to shut down a movie that actually gives the border patrol a voice about the realities at the border.

Sadly enough, the media articles accomplished their intended purpose. The national border patrol was put under so much pressure that any additional screenings were taken off the table. Thus, for the time being, the media have been able to silence the border patrol.

Which brings us to the government shutdown and the border wall. Why is the Democrat Party so dead set against the border wall that they are willing to shut down the government?

In my movie, Border Patrol Agents demonstrate that a border wall will work.

Because of this, I have decided to release my movie to the public for free viewing until we get the wall.

Now, making movies isn’t cheap, and I am not Michael Moore with millions of dollars of Soros funding. I did this all by myself, so please make a donation. Your contribution will allow me to make another movie for the 2020 election.

Thank you.

Given the current dire condition of political discourse in the USA, Michael Hansen has decided to make Killing Free Speech available for free viewing on YouTube. I highly recommend watching the entire documentary:

Old 02-04-2019, 01:30 PM
Used Register

Rewards: 106,295
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4359
Likes (Received): 2604
Nice post AK.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:43 PM
Waiting for MLB

Post Thanks / Like
It takes the spotlight off of:

Gates of Vienna <----- click here for more.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:17 PM
Used Register

Rewards: 106,295
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4359
Likes (Received): 2604
U.S. Department of Homeland Security

DHS Issues Waiver to Expedite Secondary Fence Replacement Project in San Diego

Release Date: February 8, 2019

WASHINGTON -- "The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has issued a waiver to ensure the expeditious construction and replacement of approximately 12.5 miles of secondary wall near the international border in the state of California. The waiver was published in the Federal Register on February 7, 2019.

This waiver is pursuant to authority granted to the Secretary of Homeland Security by Congress. Congress has provided the Secretary of Homeland Security with a number of authorities necessary to carry out DHS's border security mission. One of these authorities is found in section 102 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, as amended ("IIRIRA"). Section 102(a) of IIRIRA provides that the Secretary of Homeland Security shall take such actions as may be necessary to install additional physical walls and roads near the United States border to deter illegal crossings in areas of high illegal entry into the United States. In section 102(b) of IIRIRA, Congress has called for the installation of additional fencing, walls, roads, lighting, cameras, and sensors on the southwest border. Finally, in section 102(c) of IIRIRA, Congress granted to the Secretary of Homeland Security the authority to waive all legal requirements that the Secretary, in Secretary's sole discretion, determines necessary to ensure the expeditious construction of the walls and roads authorized by section 102 of IIRIRA.

The approximately 14-mile bollard style wall project in San Diego that was awarded by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on December 20, 2018, will include an area that begins near the eastern end of Border Field State Park and extends east to where the existing primary pedestrian fence ends.

Tactical infrastructure, when combined with the appropriate technology and personnel, significantly reduces the amount of illegal border entries and enhances the Border Patrol's ability to secure the border. San Diego Sector was the busiest sector in the nation during the early 1990s. The construction of infrastructure has reduced illegal entries; however, more work remains to be done. In Fiscal Year 2018, there were over 38,000 apprehensions in the San Diego Sector by Border Patrol. In this Fiscal Year to date San Diego Sector has apprehended over 18,500 illegal immigrants, a more than 69 percent increase of the apprehensions for same period last fiscal year.

DHS remains committed to environmental stewardship. DHS has been consulting, and intends to continue doing so, with stakeholders including other federal and state resource agencies. Such consultation facilitates DHS's assessment of potential impacts and informs its efforts to minimize, to the extent possible, potential impacts to the environment, wildlife, and cultural and historic resources.

The Department of Homeland Security continues to implement President Trump's Executive Order 13767 - also known as Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements – and continues to take steps to immediately plan, design, and construct a physical wall along the southern border, using appropriate materials and technology to most effectively achieve complete operational control of the southern border."

Build that wall, build that wall...

Last edited by BFDwager; 02-09-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Tags
base, democratic, democrats, number, republicans