Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > > >

Politics Political discussion will only be allowed in here.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 3,924
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2543
Likes (Received): 9286
lol now they found some high school basketball game at this same high school where everyone is dressed in head to toe black....AKA “a blackout” that tons of schools do. Some of the kids are wearing body paint....this is being spun as blackface.
NBA 2015/16 41-29-3
NCAA BB 2015/16 14-15
Old 01-22-2019, 02:54 PM
the straightshooter

Rewards: 92,587
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5228
Likes (Received): 6477
shitlibs: white so fragile

also shitlibs: OMG devastating smirk
Old 01-22-2019, 04:13 PM

Rewards: 3,779
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 8055
Likes (Received): 2973
Quote:
Originally Posted by be47320 View Post
lol now they found some high school basketball game at this same high school where everyone is dressed in head to toe black....AKA “a blackout” that tons of schools do. Some of the kids are wearing body paint....this is being spun as blackface.
It was also 7 years ago. So all the MAGAkids were 7-8 years old at the time
Old 01-22-2019, 04:29 PM
Watching MLB

Rewards: 32,856
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 736
Likes (Received): 800

Nathan Phillips, Vietnam Era veteran 1972-75 but never in-country.
Activists Hold Native Round Dance In Protest At Trump International Hotel, April 27, 2017

He is the star of this anti-cop video.

The Native Youth Alliance appears to be a standalone entity. However, the larger well-funded Native Youth Leadership Alliance — which told us that it is not associated with Phillips — is currently promoting Phillips’ fundraising campaign stemming from the incident with the Catholic teens.

The Native Youth Leadership Alliance (NYLA) is a non-profit organization that is funded by the same far-left power players who are often involved in bankrolling leftist causes. The organization’s funding partners include the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and the Social Justice Fund Northwest.

The homepage for the NYLA is promoting Phillips’ fundraising campaign.

The point is this: Phillips is not simply a random Native man who was accosted by “racist” MAGA-hat wearing teens, as the mainstream press has reported. He is connected to leftist activists who donate large sums to leftist causes. And now, he is personally fundraising off the mainstream press’ misdeeds.

Given that the full, unedited video of the interaction between Phillips and the students shows that Phillips clearly approached the students, and given that he is connected to left-wing social justice causes, one could conclude that he targeted the teenagers for their support of President Donald J. Trump. Yet the mainstream press narrative is exactly the opposite – that the boys targeted Phillips.

Additionally, this is not the first time that Phillips has been at the center of a controversy involving alleged racism against the Native Population. In 2015, Phillips claimed that he was “bombarded by racial slurs” by students at Eastern Michigan University.

A Ypsilanti man says he was trying to teach a few students dressed in American Indian theme party about respecting Native Americans.

Not long afterward, Nathan Phillips said that an interaction with party-goers and students turned ugly.

Nathan Phillips says he was out for a noon walk on a Saturday in mid-April

He walked by a home where he saw Eastern Michigan University students dressed as Native Americans.

“They had little feathers on, I was just going to walk by,” Phillips said. “A group of them said ‘Come on over, come here.’”

He says he walked over to the fence and saw roughly 30 to 40 students involved in a theme party.

“They had their face painted,” Phillips said. “I said what the heck is going on here. ‘Oh, we are honoring you.’ I said no you are not honoring me.”

It was a statement he says they took offense to.

“Then started whooping and hollering,” he said. “I said that wasn’t honoring, that was racist. Then at that time, it really got ugly.”

Phillips says he was bombarded with racial slurs.

“(They said) ‘Go back to the reservation, you blank Indian,’” he said.

One student, he says, threw a beer can at him.

“If I would have stayed where I was at, it would have hit me in the head,” he said. “I backed up and it hit me in the chest.”

Police arrived but while they asked several Frat houses if they had a party? They were told, "like, usually man, but tonight is a study night."
Old 01-22-2019, 04:47 PM

Rewards: 84,082
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 666
Likes (Received): 1710
Turns out he is not a Viet Nam Veteran but a 4 year Marine from 72-76 who never went to Nam. So now more BS.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:59 PM

Post Thanks / Like
The crazy thing is more leftist nuts are posting threats and going after the kids even after finding out it was a lie and did not happen that way.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:05 PM

Rewards: 49,419
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1085
Likes (Received): 1557
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
The Left: Ban all guns! School shooters are all radicalized right wing Nazis! Gun control! Think of the children!!

Also the Left: Burn these kids alive in the school!! Hope all these children die! Send a bomb threat to all kids in these types of schools! Hate these children!
Bingo
Old 01-22-2019, 09:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSPATS View Post
You obviously have a problem with comprehension, this comparison is to show that there's division under this "president" unlike your statement that one side is divisive. You don't even know the meaning of divisive yet you throw out statements like that. It takes 2 sides for there to be division, maybe look at things from a different perspective rather than from a far right side only.
Tell me junior, who is being divisive in the teen mega hat footage, the entire footage that liberal media failed to provide!

Who is being divisive in The parkland shooting, all David Hogg was doing was getting in front of people and cameras to to politicize the situation on policies and trash the president and the liberal media was letting it happen. Did you know there were conservatives that actually had children murdered in the incident that were not able to speak at certain events because they were wanting to speak about fixing the problem rather than politicizing it, wonder why, because it didn't fit the "agenda" they wanted? Do a little research on Meadow Pollack, her brother and father!
Old 01-23-2019, 06:01 AM
Watching MLB

Post Thanks / Like
Much of what these raised on smartphones kids are now adults with a "we don't keep score attitude." Start on tee-ball so no one strikes out. High school, learn to play the EU game of soccer. Get a trophy. Today's Dilbert.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:06 AM
Watching MLB

Post Thanks / Like
I must stand corrected. It was a NY Times female reporter. Some 1st amendment lawyers are saying "Anyone who keeps up these MAGA boys were the bad guys, after today, Jan 22 should get their pocketbooks ready to pay in Court."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnKid View Post
Roma is 100% accurate but it gets worse. A CNN reporter watched the whole thing and could have sent the complete video but didn't.

Dem Congressman:

‘I Am Calling For A Total And Complete Shutdown Of Teenagers Wearing MAGA Hats’
Published 5 hours ago on Jan 21, 2019 Everyone should have seen the true video by 5 hours ago.

Democrat Congressman John Yarmuth from Kentucky, chairman of the House Budget Committee, joined in the national media and political-class pile-on of the Covington Catholic high school students after the viral video of their encounter with Native American activist Nathan Phillips at the March For Life. (READ: Nathan Phillips’ Activist and Music Video Background).

Phillips confronted the Catholic high school students, who were wearing MAGA hats at the pro-life march. Since the video, the kids in question have been vilified in the mainstream media, faced with the threat of expulsion, doxxed, and subjected to violent threats.

Nevertheless, Congressman Yarmuth — who hails from the very same state as the vilified students — felt the need Sunday to deliver an unfunny and horrifying denunciation of the teenagers, and tie it into the ongoing Democrat conflict with President Donald Trump by mimicking the president’s past statement on the travel ban:

Rep. John Yarmuth

@RepJohnYarmuth
I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of teenagers wearing MAGA hats until we can figure out what is going on. They seem to be poisoning young minds.

Dem Congressman: 'I Am Calling For A Total And Complete Shutdown Of Teenagers Wearing MAGA Hats' - Big League Politics
Old 01-23-2019, 01:44 PM

Rewards: 40,053
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 190
Likes (Received): 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel27 View Post
Tell me junior, who is being divisive in the teen mega hat footage, the entire footage that liberal media failed to provide!

Who is being divisive in The parkland shooting, all David Hogg was doing was getting in front of people and cameras to to politicize the situation on policies and trash the president and the liberal media was letting it happen. Did you know there were conservatives that actually had children murdered in the incident that were not able to speak at certain events because they were wanting to speak about fixing the problem rather than politicizing it, wonder why, because it didn't fit the "agenda" they wanted? Do a little research on Meadow Pollack, her brother and father!
lol junior, JRS doesn't stand for that. My whole point is that there's no way for only 1 side to be divisive, it takes 2 sides to be divisive. If there was no division everyone would agree with what's going on. I don't support any 1 side blindly, if you believe Hillary should be locked up then you can't feel great about this president unless you just blindly follow a party line. I believe Hillary is a crook, I also feel like Trump is a crook and doesn't give a shit about anyone but the 1%. As far as I'm concerned he can't leave office fast enough.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:21 PM
Watching MLB

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSPATS View Post
lol junior, JRS doesn't stand for that. My whole point is that there's no way for only 1 side to be divisive, it takes 2 sides to be divisive. If there was no division everyone would agree with what's going on. I don't support any 1 side blindly, if you believe Hillary should be locked up then you can't feel great about this president unless you just blindly follow a party line. I believe Hillary is a crook, I also feel like Trump is a crook and doesn't give a shit about anyone but the 1%. As far as I'm concerned he can't leave office fast enough.
Two sides are not needed.

Take the compromise on gun control. In 1934, after the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre in 1929, machineguns were heavily regulated but not banned. Sound suppressors and the farmers favorite, the .410 H&R Handy gun, $14.95. had a $200 tax applied. A compromise.

Then JFK gets shot with a mail-order rifle. In 1968 another compromise.

Circa 1986, new machineguns banned. A compromise.

In 1994 another compromise. So useless it was allowed to sunset.

And now the David Hoggs of the world want another compromise. What do I get on my part of the give and take?
Old 01-23-2019, 03:35 PM

Rewards: 6,538
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 580
Likes (Received): 553
Forget the edited tape, forget what happened or didn't.
Let's say that everything the media/left says is true.

Did the kid:

Call the activist poser rude, nasty names (like tlaib, deniro, wolf, griffin, bee, etc, etc, etc, the black Hebrews, waters, navarro, etc, etc, etc do, daily)

Spit on anyone? (like the crazy chick in the campus video)

Throw an egg in his face? (like the lady stuck in the hotel doorway in S Jose)

Chase him, run him down and beat him with sticks (Berkeley)

Throw piss on him? (a fav of leftist activists)

Give him a roundhouse kick to the face? (like the pro-abortion soy boy did to the lady in Toronto)

Beat him almost to death (like the anti-fa gang did to the Marine in Philly)

No.
He smiled at him.
Or smirked as the media likes to say because to them it sounds more sinister.

And for this, a "smirk," they wish him expelled, punched in the face, tossed in a woodchipper, and a slow burn in hell for him and his family for all of eternity?

THANK GOD we have the social justice warrior princesses of the left to point out and put a stop to bullying.

Last edited by Mr. NASCAR; 01-23-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:48 PM

Rewards: 3,779
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 8055
Likes (Received): 2973
Ban all assault smirks
Old 01-23-2019, 05:03 PM
Watching MLB

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Ban all assault smirks
Maybe keep them but have a 32 teeth limit on capacity.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnKid View Post
Two sides are not needed.

Take the compromise on gun control. In 1934, after the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre in 1929, machineguns were heavily regulated but not banned. Sound suppressors and the farmers favorite, the .410 H&R Handy gun, $14.95. had a $200 tax applied. A compromise.

Then JFK gets shot with a mail-order rifle. In 1968 another compromise.

Circa 1986, new machineguns banned. A compromise.

In 1994 another compromise. So useless it was allowed to sunset.

And now the David Hoggs of the world want another compromise. What do I get on my part of the give and take?
So in your opinion divisive means for 1 side to be wrong? the word divisive means for there to be disagreement in a group. So again just because you love everything that Trump stands for doesn't mean everything from the left is wrong. That's the whole reason for division, each side refuses to see the middle ground in anything.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Bullshit JRS.
You say everything on the left is not wrong. I agree. But since Trump got elected, the left and the press have stated categorically that everything on the right is wrong. I don't love Trump and he has done some dumb and wrong things, but not everything he did is wrong and certainly not everything the conservatives believe is wrong. By the left and the press contention, the right has no right to be divisive since they are always wrong. Blows your fucking argument out of the water. One side is not allowed to be divisive!!!
Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbait View Post
Bullshit JRS.
You say everything on the left is not wrong. I agree. But since Trump got elected, the left and the press have stated categorically that everything on the right is wrong. I don't love Trump and he has done some dumb and wrong things, but not everything he did is wrong and certainly not everything the conservatives believe is wrong. By the left and the press contention, the right has no right to be divisive since they are always wrong. Blows your fucking argument out of the water. One side is not allowed to be divisive!!!
And I will add that he might want to revisit the ol dictionary, especially the part where it says "cause hostility towards people"
Old 01-24-2019, 05:00 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Your response only further proves my point. We will get nowhere as a country if people on both sides continue thinking like you. Look up the meaning of compromise and try to think about how we would be much better off if our leaders would do the same.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:13 AM
Watching MLB

Post Thanks / Like
In the late 1980s, my knowledge of how to make shaped-charges to knock down bridge abutments made me a potential "domestic terrorist." Add knowing the rear strangle takedown makes me downright lethal. Of course to be 11B, it was required in the Army.

I used to be in the Lions club but there are none around here. I could join the Knights of Columbus but they are an alt-right group now.

I am a nice guy but will the Left please stop labeling me?

http://www.bits.de/NRANEU/others/amd...50%2892%29.pdf
Old 01-24-2019, 11:07 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Not sure if you are responding to me or Satchel, but your no statement has no basis since to compromise both sides must agree that there are points both ways. The left and the press have consistently stated as fact that the right is wrong and has no right to disagree with the statements the left makes. Therefore there is no basis for compromise and the left has the only position, therefore the right should shut the fuck up and do exactly as the left says. Explain to me how you can compromise with that?
Since you cannot be divisive if your opinion does not count and you cannot have a seat at the table if you are not allowed to say anything.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:17 AM
Watching MLB

Post Thanks / Like
The Left’s Use of Intimidation to Silence Christians

COMMENTARY BY

Katrina Trinko
@KatrinaTrinko

If you’re Christian, shut up.

That’s been the unmistakable message of our current culture in recent weeks.

Karen Pence has been lambasted for her decision to teach at a Christian school. Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, after asking a judicial nominee about his membership in the Catholic Knights of Columbus, has tied the organization to the “alt right.”

And a group of teenage Catholic schoolboys waiting for a bus at the March for Life, who didn’t know the mob-approved way to handle a Native American activist walking up to them, are fighting for their reputations.

Of course, this isn’t really about Karen Pence, or judicial nominee Brian Buescher, or the Covington Catholic High boys.

It’s about intimidating everyone else.

It’s telling the husband or wife of an up-and-coming lawmaker that if they want to teach at a school, it’s probably better they choose a non-Christian one, unless they want their spouse someday ensnared in a media cycle over LGBT discrimination.

It’s telling the law student who dreams of someday becoming a judge that no matter how appealing he finds joining a Catholic charitable organization, it’s probably better for his career ambitions if he doesn’t.

And it’s telling schools and students and parents that no matter if they are willing to deal with the expense and trouble of hauling dozens or hundreds of students to Washington, D.C., on buses and having them sleep on gym floors, it still might not be a good idea—because the students’ future reputations, careers, and college prospects could all be gone with one viral video.

No, that wouldn’t happen if the students came to Washington to fight for gun control or raise awareness of climate change.

Just if they’re there to speak up for the babies who can’t.

When President Donald Trump was elected—in a shock for conventional D.C. wisdom—it become obvious that there were plenty of silent Americans who, in the privacy of the ballot box, dared to defy the politically correct, woke cultural leaders of our time.

But it’s not enough to vote.

I’m glad Karen Pence, the vice president’s wife, isn’t backing down and resigning. I’m thrilled Brian Buescher is remaining a member of the Knights of Columbus, and that Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., introduced a resolution saying there’s nothing wrong with a judge being in the Knights. I’m heartened that the Covington students are fighting back, and saying they did nothing wrong.

But they can’t do this all on their own. About 70 percent of Americans are Christian, according to the Pew Research Center.

They—and everyone who believes in religious freedom—need to start speaking up.

You don’t have to agree with Buescher’s judicial philosophy to say that in the United States, there should be no religious test for judges.

You don’t have to have attended a Catholic school or be pro-life to say that a group of teen boys being awkward around an activist—an activist who later that weekend tried to bring a group of protesters to disrupt a Catholic Mass at the basilica in D.C.—should not be a news story, much less a reputation destroyer.

You don’t have to agree with Immanuel Christian School’s faith tenets to defend Karen Pence’s right to choose the school where she wants to teach.

Do you know what breeds intolerance? Silence. It’s easy for someone to kvetch about the Covington boys or mock the second lady as a bigot at the water cooler if he has no reason to believe any other colleague will speak up.

We need to take a lesson from the left’s playbook.

Here’s what liberals do really well: They share their stories. And they make it personal.

We need to do the same.

Did your son or daughter go to the March for Life? Talk about it. Share how proud you were that they cared enough about the lives of unborn babies to be on a bus for 20 hours and sleep on a crowded gym floor.

And share how scared you are that they, too, could become targets of social media activists and mainstream media because they didn’t know the appropriate public relations strategy to deal with a protest.

Does it make you feel like an alien in your own country that what you hear from the pews on Sunday could make you ineligible to do certain jobs in our system? Express that anxiety. Tell the truth about how you don’t like being treated like a second-class citizen in your own nation.

Are you appalled that your mom’s job at a Christian school could get her branded as a bigot? Say that. Share the facts: Plenty of Christian denominations adhere to 2,000 years of sexual morality and demand no sex outside of marriage—whether you’re straight or LGBT.

If we keep talking, things will change.

Because people know that if their colleague Kelly is pro-life, or their hair stylist Melissa is Christian, or their neighbor Bob teaches at a Christian school, they will think twice.

That doesn’t mean they will agree with Kelly or Melissa or Bob.

But it does mean they will realize it’s unfair to assume all pro-lifers hate women, or that all Christians hate LGBT people. They will realize it’s more complex than the woke leaders of social media say it is.

And then we can have real discussions and real dialogues, person to person.

I get that it’s hard. I’m often more of a coward than I’d like to be—even with the job security of working at a conservative news outlet. It’s hard to speak up sometimes, especially if you’re scared people will judge you or there will be hidden consequences—promotions that never occur, networking that abruptly stops.

But we don’t have a choice.

Right now, thought leaders in the United States are working overtime to make it clear: Stand up for your Christian beliefs, your pro-life beliefs—and you will pay.

But we can rise up, too.

If there’s one thing we should have learned in this era of Trump, it’s that standing up to bullies works.

And we need to—because there’s nothing American about a future where holding certain religious beliefs makes you a second-class citizen.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbait View Post
Not sure if you are responding to me or Satchel, but your no statement has no basis since to compromise both sides must agree that there are points both ways. The left and the press have consistently stated as fact that the right is wrong and has no right to disagree with the statements the left makes. Therefore there is no basis for compromise and the left has the only position, therefore the right should shut the fuck up and do exactly as the left says. Explain to me how you can compromise with that?
Since you cannot be divisive if your opinion does not count and you cannot have a seat at the table if you are not allowed to say anything.
I guess my response would've been to both of you, you could say my response would be with anyone who's far left or right.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:34 PM
Watching MLB

Post Thanks / Like
Just as community organizer Saul Alinsky, in his textbook for Marxist street thugs, Rules for Radicals, advised his minions, constant drumbeats have the potential to wear down resolve and win social and cultural wars. For years now, the object of left-wing pressure has been to undermine the status and reputation of straight white conservative males.

To eradicate the white guy problem in America, Caucasians with XY chromosomes, who self-identify as the sex they were at birth, are being portrayed by the left as misogynist, bigoted, homophobic, violent troublemakers in need of exposure; chastisement; and, in the case of Donald Trump, ousting from power.

Armed with the intent to undermine Trump's influence and to establish the belief that conservative white males are genetically flawed, historical figures are being unfairly held to 21st-century cultural and political standards. Even Confederate General Robert E. Lee, tucked away in a grave since 1870, has not escaped retroactive ridicule from the left for his political identification and pale skin color.

Today, even a male Supreme Court justice nominee, if he is Christian, white, and pro-life, can be falsely accused of rape by an unstable female activist, flayed alive, and condemned in the court of public opinion by virtue of race, gender, and ethnic heritage.

Unwilling to let a visual opportunity go to waste, the left has somehow managed to influence public opinion concerning the political merits of pink versus red. According to progressives, on the head of a female, a pink pussy-hat is a commendable accessory, while on the head of a male, a red MAGA cap is akin to Hester Prynne donning a scarlet letter or analogous to a white hood of the KKK.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...#ixzz5dZhVqlEh
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
Old 01-24-2019, 11:19 PM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 3,924
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2543
Likes (Received): 9286
Like 1/5 auburn kid posts are readable. Other 4 I get bored after a sentence or 2 and check out.
NBA 2015/16 41-29-3
NCAA BB 2015/16 14-15

Tags
assault, behold, creating, kid, talk