Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > > >

Politics Political discussion will only be allowed in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 04-16-2018, 06:24 PM
chibob chibob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20,859
Rewards: 25,525
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2133
Likes (Received): 7467
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
It has put more money in my and my wife's pocket every week. Works for me.
EXACTLY

Bought and sold , in spite of conservatives freaking out over the debt issue
__________________
Likes tigerbait liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-16-2018, 06:28 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 28,595
Rewards: 12,975,123
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5258
Likes (Received): 8580
Most Americans appreciate a little more money for their work bob. Sorry if you do not qualify. The debt! lol
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-16-2018, 06:34 PM
Roma Roma is offline
the straightshooter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wherein one correctly applies the Red Pill
Posts: 68,088
Rewards: 89,085
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5163
Likes (Received): 6420
In response to Trump lowering the corporate tax rate to the 1st world AVERAGE after being so high

China lowered theirs to zero

The tax rate was long over due to be lowered

you cant compete otherwise with china and its a slow death
__________________
http://stuffin.space/
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-16-2018, 07:51 PM
Wabash Wonders Wabash Wonders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 11,392
Rewards: 41,776
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 163
Likes (Received): 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
I am a registered independent voter. I have voted multiple times for each party in my lifetime. I also try to find the positives in any presidency. You sound like the left and post like the left, you will be called a typically lefty. They have refused to acknowledge one positive thing since he took office and you didn't seem to be open to it based on your post either.
I very rarely post in the political forum so for you to say I sound like a lefty and post like a lefty shows what an idiot you are. I’m 62 and also have voted for many different parties over my lifetime and consider myself an independent. But that doesn’t matter to you because you already made up your mind about me despite not knowing one fucking thing about me. Like it or not, you DO act like a typical righty.
__________________
Likes chibob, savage1 liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-16-2018, 07:56 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 28,595
Rewards: 12,975,123
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5258
Likes (Received): 8580
And you too are an idiot. You act like all others with a 12 year old mentality on the left. Yell and call people idiots and hope they go away. Real mature for a 62 year old. Impressive ...
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-16-2018, 08:13 PM
Wabash Wonders Wabash Wonders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 11,392
Rewards: 41,776
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 163
Likes (Received): 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
And you too are an idiot. You act like all others with a 12 year old mentality on the left. Yell and call people idiots and hope they go away. Real mature for a 62 year old. Impressive ...
So, from one post, you can determine what my political stance is and I’m the idiot? One of the reasons I don’t interact with people much on here or anywhere else is because of assholes like you. You make an assumption based on one post. Again, typical of what righties do. And don’t bother replying with more insults, I won’t be back.
__________________
Likes savage1 liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-16-2018, 08:30 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 28,595
Rewards: 12,975,123
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5258
Likes (Received): 8580
It's funny cuz you seemed to have serious questions about what is happening with obamacare and I tried to help answer your questions with a serious response to help you out.

You then respond like a 12 year old with a finger in each ear and yell BLAH, BLAH, BLAH that's what I thought. You don't like being called a lefty, don't act like one. And if you can't carry on a mature conversation in here, it is probably good that you rarely post in this section.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-17-2018, 11:52 AM
chibob chibob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20,859
Rewards: 25,525
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2133
Likes (Received): 7467
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Most Americans appreciate a little more money for their work bob. Sorry if you do not qualify. The debt! lol
I will guess that between my son and myself , we received a reduction in our taxes about 3 times you and your wife, We couldn't vote for a POS like Trump because we value the future of our family and country, unlike you

your comment in bold shows you to be a prick, once again with your frequent condescending attitude
__________________
Likes savage1 liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-17-2018, 12:12 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 28,595
Rewards: 12,975,123
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5258
Likes (Received): 8580
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibob View Post
I will guess that between my son and myself , we received a reduction in our taxes about 3 times you and your wife, We couldn't vote for a POS like Trump because we value the future of our family and country, unlike you

your comment in bold shows you to be a prick, once again with your frequent condescending attitude
Well BOB you voted for a POS named Obama. I couldn't do that because I value the future, my family and my Country, so I guess we are even.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-17-2018, 12:14 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 28,595
Rewards: 12,975,123
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5258
Likes (Received): 8580
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibob View Post

your comment in bold shows you to be a prick, once again with your frequent condescending attitude
I treat pricks like a prick BOB. You ever heard of treat people like you want to be treated? Well you are nothing but a prick to most here, including me, so I treat you the same way in return.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-19-2018, 05:15 PM
BFDwager BFDwager is online now
Used Register
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Down by the River
Posts: 9,547
Rewards: 106,350
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4362
Likes (Received): 2612
wayne welcoming another member to the Politics thread

Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-19-2018, 05:45 PM
BFDwager BFDwager is online now
Used Register
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Down by the River
Posts: 9,547
Rewards: 106,350
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4362
Likes (Received): 2612
Post

Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-20-2018, 01:14 PM
MtrCtyPimp MtrCtyPimp is offline
One Of These Days
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 15,825
Rewards: 536
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 393
Likes (Received): 1645
Super simple explained in 5 minutes why health care will never be touched by both sides. Its a huge business now and good luck getting that back.

Single payer is the simplest and works just fine in the rest of the civilized world.

Its just another political talking point used by the party not in power. For the people by the people my ass.




__________________
Likes BFDwager liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-27-2018, 07:54 PM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is online now
Waiting for MLB
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 3,494
Rewards: 32,610
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 729
Likes (Received): 791
Someone brought up a thought that Barry was the "good parent". But sometimes you need the "real life" father who shows you how to do things in the real world. What do you do when a boy is about force himself upon your teenager daughter or an evil Country Leader is killing people? Picture President Trump as the angry father.


"A few Inches of protection"="Pound of Cure"
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt.
4th century BC Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 05-05-2018, 10:31 AM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is online now
Waiting for MLB
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 3,494
Rewards: 32,610
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 729
Likes (Received): 791
Scott Adams sums it up:


SCOTT ADAMS' BLOG PODCAST
Why President Trump Deserves Credit for Progress in North Korea
Posted May 4, 2018
************************************************** *******************
People keep asking me what President Trump did to deserve credit for progress in North Korea. As a public service, I put together a quick list.

What did President Trump do to deserve credit for progress with North Korea?

A few things.

His “America First” approach provided credibility that the United States has no desire for regime change.

His reputation as a deal-maker offered the possibility of an off-ramp for Kim in which Kim survives and potentially thrives after reunification.

Built a good working relationship with China’s Xi

Built a good working relationship with Japan’s Abe

Built a good working relationship with South Korea’s Moon

Ordered General Mattis, the scariest general in the universe, to demonstrate overwhelming force on their border

Used Syria for missile target practice just in case Kim thought we like to save our ammo.

Got the UN to agree on sanctions

Resisted pressure to go full anti-Putin at a time when we need Russia to present no obstacles to North Korean reunification.

Kept pressure on China for sanctions. Again and again. Publicly, but with complete respect. Used the risk of shame and the hand of friendship at the same time.

Offered no concessions prior to a satisfactory agreement.

Did not believe that the best deal we could get was a nuclear freeze. Went for the whole arsenal, and gave Kim two options on how to lose it all.

Used good-cop/bad-cop persuasion, with Moon expertly playing his part.

Went to war against individual companies and people breaking the sanctions and trading with North Korea. Did not leave the job of stopping cheaters to the home governments that couldn’t or wouldn’t stop them. This was a new and effective strategy, and probably one of the biggest factors in making Kim flexible.

Used visual persuasion of captured tankers. That’s strong persuasion saying, “Don’t try it. We can see you from space.”

Added military unpredictability to the mix (intentionally)

Made the military risk for Kim feel immediate and real, as in Fire and Fury.

“Paced” Kim’s rhetoric, insult for insult, which is actually good persuasion. Trump used humor, which changed the mood from scary to “What is happening?” That is good persuasion technique.

President Trump’s taunt-tweets were personal messages to Kim, which had the effect of treating him like a peer and humanizing the situation in a way we’ve never seen.

Trump expanded the discussion (or agreed to allow it to expand) to include reunification, which makes a nuclear deal far easier to trust and verify while providing a “win” path for Kim.

Squeezed the North Korean economy in escalating steps to persuade Kim he had no hope of riding it out. The continuous squeezing is perfect persuasion because Kim could never know how much worse it could get.


“Fire and Fury” is a combination of fear persuasion and visual persuasion. It is also unusual language from a President of the United States, so you can’t get it out of your head. All of that is top-grade persuasion technique.


Those are a few of the reasons President Moon of South Korea said President Trump deserves a Nobel Prize.

================================================== ===================
A top comment was:

Scott,

You forgot: "Kept the media distracted in order to prevent them from undermining his strategy."

The fact that the press cannot bring themselves to admit that Trump has a strategy is actually in Trump's favor.

It is easier to win when your opponent does not recognize the game. Handicapping 101. Ask the Brown's coach who has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory at least twice last year.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Bozzie Bozzie is offline
Sweet action
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,462
Rewards: 931
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 767
Likes (Received): 810
Fox of all places


__________________
Peace
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 05-10-2018, 10:02 PM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is online now
Waiting for MLB
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 3,494
Rewards: 32,610
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 729
Likes (Received): 791
Things to do

Ten checkmarks are done.


Conservatice SCOUS Justice approved
✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔
Go to Riyad, hold summits to plant seeds of peace in the Middle East
✔✔✔

Lower taxes, then get Nancy Pelosi to say that is bad
✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

Bring home three Americans, then get Senator Schumer to say that is bad.
✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

Rip up that Iran thing Obama signed
✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

Reunify the two Koreas
✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

Nuclear-free Korean Peninsula
✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

Increase African-American acceptance of Whites
✔✔✔

Set up Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for a 2024 Presidential bid by getting him the Nobel Peace Award.
✔✔✔✔

Appoint Ivanka Trump to Senior Adviser, groom for higher office.
✔✔✔


Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 05-12-2018, 02:38 PM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is online now
Waiting for MLB
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 3,494
Rewards: 32,610
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 729
Likes (Received): 791
Things to do

Ten checkmarks are done.


Additions to run until everything done with pen and phone without an Act of Congress is undone.
Capture Five Most Wanted leaders of ISIS to make up for Pres. Obama releasing 5 worst terrorist leaders
✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-14-2018, 02:27 PM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is online now
Waiting for MLB
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 3,494
Rewards: 32,610
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 729
Likes (Received): 791
Things to do

Ten checkmarks are done.


Some of the items on this list once took decades between checkmarks. This week it is days. With the news in Israel, I have to add another check here. Benjamin Netanyahu said so in the most vigorous words possible.
Plant seeds of peace in the Middle East
✔✔✔✔

And I am shocked! Shocked, that gambling goes on here. Oops, wrong Middle East movie but is anyone at all shocked that Ivanka is the one senior advisor getting the most face time on TV with Benjamin Netanyahu? 2032 anyone?
BeBe, as he is warmly called by the people, will be a man held in great honor by the Israeli historians in the future. Man on the street interviews all are saying great things about our president and one guy was saying...Now, we can trust your President Trump! Your last president,....whats-his-name? It doesn't matter, he tried to interfere with BeBe getting elected.

Appoint Ivanka Trump to Senior Adviser, groom for higher office.
✔✔✔✔

Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-15-2018, 03:14 PM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is online now
Waiting for MLB
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 3,494
Rewards: 32,610
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 729
Likes (Received): 791
Just in @ 3 PM EST Kim pulls out of summit meeting

Every year our Navy has joint exercises with South Korea. Every year Kim calls them a "Practice for an Invasion". Every year Kim is flooded with gifts and assurances on non-intervention and aid. Most of the checkmarks are off the list for now.


Reunify the two Koreas
✔✔✔

We will wait and see.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 06-10-2018, 06:42 AM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is online now
Waiting for MLB
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 3,494
Rewards: 32,610
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 729
Likes (Received): 791
Why Democrats Hear a Secret Racist Dog Whistle and Republicans Don’t

We now have a CNN type telling us that to save our Democracy, we must destroy the country.


Posted June 10, 2018 by Scott Adams


One of the biggest misconceptions about Trump supporters is that they see President Trump the same way his critics see him, and yet they like him anyway. The implication of that belief is that all Trump supporters are racists because they damn-well-know they support a leader who is one. Hardly a day goes by without some stranger on Twitter telling me in ominous tones that I will someday pay dearly for being a racist “apologist.” They assume I see President Trump the same way they see him.

In my book Win Bigly, I describe how the public is watching two movies on one screen. In Movie 1, Trump is a monster with many flaws, racism being at the top of the list. In Movie 2, President Trump ran on a platform of being a Republican who disdains political correctness, and the predictable outcome of that is non-stop accusations of racism. As a public service, I compiled some of the plot differences in the two movies, roughly in the order they happened, so you can compare the two scripts. I won’t try to convince you to switch movies. I’m only making the point that Trump supporters literally don’t see what anti-Trumpers regard as obvious.


Housing Discrimination Scene

Movie 1: In 1973, five years after the Fair Housing Act, Trump’s business settled a claim that it had discriminated against African-American applicants, thus proving he is a racist.

Movie 2: Employees of Trump’s company, whose incomes depended on their job performance, discriminated against African-American applicants in the belief that other potential tenants would be racists and less likely to want to live in a diverse building. Housing discrimination of that type is illegal. The Trump organization settled the suit out of court and took steps to make sure it wouldn’t happen again. There are no facts in evidence of Trump’s inner thoughts from 45 years ago.



Central Park Five Scene

Movie 1: In 1989, Trump paid for a full-page ad in the New York Times calling for the death penalty for five African American men falsely accused of rape, thus proving he is a racist. He has never apologized, thus confirming he is a racist.

Movie 2: in 1989, Trump paid for a full-page ad in the New York times saying it was time to get tough on crime, including perhaps using the death penalty. The ad made one indirect reference to the Central Park incident as an example, at a time the police and prosecutors believed the accused were guilty. The ethnicities of the accused was neither mentioned nor implied in Trump’s ad. The topic was crime. When the accused were later cleared, Trump did not apologize, which is normal for him. He doesn’t apologize for anything.



Birtherism Scene

Movie 1: Prior to running for President, private citizen Trump promoted the conspiracy theory that President Obama might have been born in Africa, thus proving Trump is a racist.

Movie 2: Questioning a rival’s eligibility for office, for any reason, is normal politics. We observe Trump using every available form of persuasion against any critic who gets in his way. For example, during the 2016 Republican primaries he also questioned whether Ted Cruz was a Canadian citizen (he isn’t), and wondered aloud if Cruz’ father might have been involved in the assassination of President Kennedy (he wasn’t). In order to believe Trump was acting racist in questioning President Obama’s birth certificate, one must also believe he would not use the same tactic against a white candidate if the opportunity presented itself. In Movie 2, that seems deeply unlikely.



“They’re rapists” Scene

Movie 1: During the speech in which Trump announced his candidacy, he referred to illegal immigrants from Mexico as “rapists,” thus proving he is a racist.

Movie 2: President Trump noted that one of the big problems with illegal immigration from Mexico is that there are criminals in the group, and this country doesn’t need any more crime. This message was consistent with his tough-on-crime stance. The call-out of rape in particular might have been inspired by stories such as this one from Huffington Post, one of the President’s most vocal critics.



Failure to disavow KKK Scene

Movie 1: In an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, candidate Trump hesitated to disavow David Duke and the KKK, thus proving he is a racist.

Movie 2: President Trump disavowed David Duke, the KKK, and White Supremacists multiple times, both before and after the Jake Tapper interview. Trump said he couldn’t hear Jake’s question because of a faulty earpiece. Trump seemed confused and/or hesitant about the question.

During the Tapper interview scene, Trump asked for a list of who he was being asked to disavow, clearly signaling that he sensed a trap coming. Would Trump next be asked to disavow non-racist groups that supported his tough-on-immigration stance? The media had already branded those supporters as racist too. In trying to avoid that obvious trap, Trump fumbled the question and made things worse. But racism was never the problem.



Hiring Steve Bannon Scene

Movie 1: Steve Bannon is a known white supremacist, so having him on the campaign staff and later briefly as an advisor in the White House proves Trump is a racist.

Movie 2: Steve Bannon is tough on illegal immigration, and tough on immigration from Muslim-majority countries with poor government records. His critics have framed him as being a racist because of it. People who know him personally say he isn’t.



The Racists Support Trump Scene

Movie 1: Racist groups support Trump because they hear his secret racist dog whistle, thus proving he is a racist.

Movie 2: Racists approve of Trump’s tough immigration policies in part, one assumes, because they think it will allow fewer non-whites into the country. Non-racist Trump supporters support Trump’s immigration policies because they place a high priority on law and order. Different groups can like the same thing for different reasons. For example, target shooters like guns, and murderers like guns, but that doesn’t make target shooters murderers.



Trump’s Awkward Language About “the blacks” scene

Movie 1: Trump once referred to African-Americans as “the blacks,” thus proving he is racist.

Movie 2: Trump says almost everything differently than the average person, and he doesn’t obsess over political correctness.



Judge Curiel Scene

Movie 1: President Trump said a “Mexican” judge couldn’t be fair, thus proving he is racist.

Movie 2: President Trump spoke about the judge using the common vernacular, in the the same way Americans typically talk about their own ethnic backgrounds. Ask a neighbor whose grandparents immigrated to the United States from Italy to describe his family and he’s likely to say, “We’re Italian.”

Trump mentioned Judge Curiel’s Mexican heritage to point out that it could be a source of bias in the Trump University case because the media had successfully framed Trump as being racist against U.S. residents with Mexican roots. In the context of a legal case, it can be good strategy to question a judge’s impartiality. The intended effect of it is to influence the judge to bend over backwards to avoid the appearance of bias. In this situation, Judge Curiel had to rule on when to schedule the trial, and he chose the option that had the best appearance of fairness, scheduling it after the election, as Trump preferred. Trump’s legal strategy probably worked.



Charlottesville Scene

Movie 1: Trump called White Supremacists “fine people,” thus proving he is a racist.

Movie 2: Trump has publicly disavowed white supremacists numerous times, both before and after running for president. In the context of Charlottesville, the “fine people” he was referring to were non-racists who prefer keeping confederate statues for historical/cultural reasons. The anti-Trump wing of the media distorted President Trump’s statements to fit their racist narrative, saying incorrectly that he referred to the racists with tiki torches as the “fine people.” He didn’t.

For a longer explanation, see my blog post on the topic.



Calling NFL Kneelers “Sons-of-bitches” Scene

Movie 1: President Trump referred to the African-American football players kneeling during the national anthem in protest of police brutality as “sons of bitches,” thus proving he is a racist.

Movie 2: President Trump would criticize any American who disrespected the country. The main topic of the NFL protests has been police brutality, but the method of protest strikes many observers as disrespect for the flag.



Shithole Scene

Movie 1: During a closed meeting, Trump referred to people from several non-white-majority countries as “shit,” thus proving he is a racist.

Movie 2: In the context of immigration, Trump referred to some countries as “shithole countries” as a shorthand way of saying they have poor educational systems and low-performing economies. During the meeting, Trump asked for an explanation on the pros and cons of favoring those countries for immigration versus a merit-based system.



Animals Scene

Movie 1: President Trump referred to illegal immigrants as “animals,” thus proving he is a racist.

Movie 2: President Trump referred to MS-13 gang members as animals and the media took it out of context to mean immigrants in general.



The Roseanne’s Tweet Scene

Movie 1: Roseanne tweeted that Valerie Jarrett, who is part African-American, was like a cross between the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes. Years earlier, Roseanne once tweeted that Susan Rice, who is African-American, was a man with big swinging ape balls. President Trump did not disavow Roseanne’s comparisons of black people to apes, thus proving he is racist.

Movie 2: Roseanne said she didn’t know Valerie Jarrett was part African-American, and neither did most Trump supporters who couldn’t deduce her ethnic background by looking at her. That suggests Roseanne uses insulting monkey references no matter the assumed ethnicity of the target. President Trump did not disavow Roseanne’s tweet because the accusation that it was intentional racism was fake news. Trump supporters see Roseanne’s Planet of the Apes reference as a humorous comparison to the character played by Helena Bonham Carter, a white actress. And Trump supporters understand that white people routinely compare other white people to monkeys. For example, parents call their own grandkids monkeys. And they sometimes refer to large white men as big apes. In Movie 2, Roseanne made a terrible mistake, but it wasn’t an intentional racist reference.



Muslim Ban Scene

Movie 1: President Trump succeeded in banning several Muslim-majority countries from immigration to the United States, thus proving he is a racist.

Movie 2: President Trump banned immigration from countries with dysfunctional governments because it is hard to do background checks without reliable government records. The focus on Muslim countries is because Islamic terrorists can more easily blend in with Muslim refugees than they could with non-Muslim refugees, and we know they have tried to do exactly that.



As I often say, we humans are not good at knowing which movie is the “real” one because the facts in evidence often fit more than one explanation of the past. So instead of looking to the past, I recommend seeing which movie best predicts future scenes.

For example, if you had been making predictions based on these different movies, Movie 1, predicted that President Trump would not be popular with Israel, and he wouldn’t take the bold step of moving the American embassy to Jerusalem. But both of those outcomes are compatible with Movie 2.

Movie 1 would have predicted there is no way President Trump would grant a posthumous pardon of African-American boxer Jack Johnson because it wouldn’t fit the racist dog whistle script. But Movie 2 is compatible with the pardon. Same with the pardon of Alice Johnson.

Movie 1 would have predicted that President Trump would underplay the fact that black unemployment reached its best level in the history of America. That’s the sort of accomplishment that would make his racist supporters stop hearing the secret racist dog whistle. It doesn’t fit. But President Trump’s frequent highlighting of gains for African-American citizens fits Movie 2 perfectly.

I realize no one reading this post will change movies because of it. My only point today is that mainstream Trump supporters are not knowingly supporting someone they believe to be a racist. It only looks that way to the folks trapped in Movie 1.
__________________
Likes Mendoza Line, tigerbait liked this post
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt.
4th century BC Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 06-10-2018, 04:12 PM
tigerbait tigerbait is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: RUSTON LA
Posts: 4,451
Rewards: 83,759
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 647
Likes (Received): 1650
The narrative from 90% of the left now is, as soon as you do not agree with what we say, immediately use one of the terms, racist, zenophobe, anti-muslim, anti-immigrant,
sexist (that term now used on conservative women also) and any other term they can think of. No need for proof, just the accusation is enough. Even if you have proof that any liberal has done those things, protect him or her at any cost. But make sure all of those who disagree are tarred and feathered. The Dems are also changing the rules to get Bernie and his group out of the way.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Roma Roma is offline
the straightshooter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wherein one correctly applies the Red Pill
Posts: 68,088
Rewards: 89,085
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5163
Likes (Received): 6420
you do not mingle within an argument they frame, once you do you lose

you dont try to disprove their accusation, you say so what?
__________________
Likes tigerbait, T100 liked this post
http://stuffin.space/
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:58 PM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is online now
Waiting for MLB
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 3,494
Rewards: 32,610
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 729
Likes (Received): 791
Typical: If there was no Roe v. Wade, there would be at least 30 million more US citizens of color, loyal to the country. They would not be sending some of their earnings to Mexico. There would be no demand for no talent crop harvesters so no need for a fresh influx of Emigrants a la Ellis Island.

Results: I am a racist who just wants another 30 million negroes to use as slaves.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt.
4th century BC Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-11-2018, 07:20 PM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is online now
Waiting for MLB
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 3,494
Rewards: 32,610
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 729
Likes (Received): 791
.
...Germany pays 1% (slowly) of GDP towards NATO, while we pay 4% of a MUCH larger GDP. Does anybody believe that makes sense? We protect Europe (which is good) at a great financial loss, and then get unfairly clobbered on Trade. Change is coming!.... And add to that the fact that the U.S. pays close to the entire cost of NATO-protecting many of these same countries that rip us off on Trade (they pay only a fraction of the cost-and laugh!). The European Union had a $151 Billion Surplus-should pay much more for Military!
The pundits are BooHooing that we are disrespecting our European Allies. Just wait until December when the EU pays up or Pres. Trump takes us out of NATO and the UN.

The Germans and French will have to defend themselves. We will negotiate bilateral deals with the other NATO Members.

Just a prediction.
__________________
Likes tigerbait liked this post
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt.
4th century BC Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
accomplishments, add, great, positive, president

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.79% Host: cappersmallweb4