Sports Handicapping at cappersmall

Sports Handicapping at cappersmall (http://www.cappersmall.com/forums/)
-   Main Street (http://www.cappersmall.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   To all our members in Louisiana (http://www.cappersmall.com/forums/f2/all-our-members-louisiana-106699/)

Dr. Jack 08-28-2005 10:24 AM

To all our members in Louisiana

I wish you the very best and hope you get through Hurricane Katrina safe and with as little destruction as possible. Katrina only came through Florida as a Hurricane 1 and caused problems. Louisiana and the Gulf coast is in our thoughts and prayers.

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin declared a state of emergency on Sunday and ordered a mandatory evacuation of the city as Hurricane Katrina churned toward the city with maximum sustained winds of nearly 175 mph.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/2...ina/index.html

plane-o-1 08-28-2005 10:27 AM

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

JunkyardDog47 08-28-2005 11:08 AM

Yes. Everyone on the Gulf Coast use extreme caution. This one reminds me of Camille. God's speed to all of you in harm's way.

The Judge 08-28-2005 11:23 AM

The Gulf Coast is in for a hell of a storm and any of you guys that are in the path, PLEASE get the hell out of there! God speed to all.

Yankee23 08-28-2005 11:49 AM

This one is gonna be ugly. My prayers go out to all in the Gulf area.

JC 08-28-2005 12:03 PM

Hope everyone in the Gulf area makes it through the storm safe.

JunkyardDog47 08-28-2005 04:14 PM

If you are still anywheres whthin 150 miles of this hurricane, leave now. This could be one of the most catastrophic events in this countries history. We are looking at a worst case senario of 40 to 60 thousand casualties, with billions of dollars worth of damage, not to mention what it will do to gas prices. Money can buy anything except a human life. No time for heroics now. If you can, get out. Listen to the Judge. God's speed to all of you.

jaypasco 08-28-2005 05:31 PM

Im preety sure no one from Louisiana is here at cappersmall reading information and last minuete tips on how to avoid the hurricane. Atleast I hope not.

Trossi3389 08-28-2005 05:55 PM

That freaking thing looks brutal !! :rolleyes: <pke>

Gerk 08-28-2005 06:13 PM

This could be one of the worst natural disasters ever

New Orleans is below sea level which will increase the devastation as their levees stand about 15 feet and the waves from this storm are estimated to be 20 feet or higher meaning if it is a direct hit, downtown may be under water.

I wish all the people down there nothing but the best and let's hope the devastation and casualties are limited.

God Bless all the people there and stay safe

rda21 08-28-2005 06:19 PM

I hope everyone in La. is able to get to safety and comes through this storm in as good of shape as possible.
Best wishes to all.

jaypasco 08-28-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rda21
I hope everyone in La. is able to get to safety and comes through this storm in as good of shape as possible.
Best wishes to all.

ditto

upinya83 08-28-2005 06:45 PM

God bless all of you. There may be 1 million more homeless Americans in 3 days time.

ODDS 08-28-2005 06:49 PM

My Mom and Dad are in Mobile and the rest of my Fam in Gulf Shores. That will all be under about 8 or 9 ft of water and My wifes fam is in New Orleans! Her brother lives in the heart of the French Qtr!!!! I hope he has gone over to Houston!!! Wow I'm glad I havent been there this season!!!
If none of you have been through one of these storms, where ever it hits will be GONE!!!! I grew up on the Gulf Coast and have been through all of them!!!

upinya83 08-28-2005 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODDS
My Mom and Dad are in Mobile and the rest of my Fam in Gulf Shores. That will all be under about 8 or 9 ft of water and My wifes fam is in New Orleans! Her brother lives in the heart of the French Qtr!!!! I hope he has gone over to Houston!!! Wow I'm glad I havent been there this season!!!
If none of you have been through one of these storms, where ever it hits will be GONE!!!! I grew up on the Gulf Coast and have been through all of them!!!

They are saying that the French Qtr will be under 20 feet of water. And with the levee's in place, it won't be able to go back to sea. The levee's are going to keep all the water in.

ODDS 08-28-2005 07:04 PM

Hard to watch my home be blown away with my fam still there, they have already been through a few this season in the Gulf! My parents are about 500 yards of the east shore of Mobile Bay! Luckily the huge bluffs that border the Bay keep the storm surge out! But Mobile like New Orleans will be under water!

upinya83 08-28-2005 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODDS
Hard to watch my home be blown away with my fam still there, they have already been through a few this season in the Gulf! My parents are about 500 yards of the east shore of Mobile Bay! Luckily the huge bluffs that border the Bay keep the storm surge out! But Mobile like New Orleans will be under water!

I will keep them & everyone else in the area in my prayers tonight ODDS. I wish them all the best through this.

Trossi3389 08-28-2005 09:20 PM

Already 60-90 mph winds on the very outer bands of this thing. <::>

Dr. Jack 08-28-2005 09:36 PM

I went through Hurricane Andrew and will never ever forget that night and what I saw in the coming days after.

Katrina is bigger and stronger and this area can not handle this kind of storm.

I am not sure we have ever seen anything that will compare to what is going to happen in the near future.

I hope the majority were able to get out.

This is just sickening and I feel for anyone there or who has family there!

Sincere good luck to everyone in it's path!

Dolphins813 08-29-2005 08:46 AM

My thoughts also go out to EVERYONE on the Gulf Coast.... I've been watching the news ALL MORNING and the SuperDome is leaking all over the place!!!!!!

Not good.....

Morphius 08-29-2005 09:04 AM

Very bad storm. My prayers go out to everyone in the storm's path.

It's already ripped off part of the roof to the Superdome.

Blind Squirrel 08-29-2005 09:21 AM

The Destruction is Pounding gulf citys in LA,MS,AL we all prey for these people who felt the need to stay home, and for the people in the path north of there for the next few days.

Tornado spawns are all over the place.

god be with you.

-B-man

Henry09 08-29-2005 09:33 AM

Far out this is terrible,

I feel for all those involved.

GrandGouda 08-31-2005 12:38 PM

Thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected by Katrina. Having just completed repairs on my house from last hurricane season in Florida, I can empathize, to a very small degree with those in New Orleans, Mobile, Shrevesport, Gulfport, and other coastal cities. Coming home to of a roof was bad enough, I simply can not imagine what it would be like to see a lake where my house used to be.