View Single Post

Old 02-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Banned

Rewards: 34,551
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
[Vero Beach police chief David] Currey said many came from China on temporary work visas, indebted to the the brokers who helped them reach America, but believing legitimate jobs awaited them.

“Some of them are trying to make a better life for themselves,” he said. “These people truly are stuck.”

They were shamed, intimidated and taught not to speak to law enforcement or immigration officials.

Others answered what they thought were legitimate ads for masseuse jobs, but soon were pressured into doing more.

Coach Mike Tomlin dedicated the 2017 football season to rescuing kids caught up in sex slavery. He announced a partnership with Operation Underground Railroad on November 1st, 2017 in a press Coach Tomlin dedicated the 2017 football season to rescuing kids caught up in sex slavery. He announced a partnership with Operation Underground Railroad on November 1st, 2017 in a press conference live from the Steelers Complex standing shoulder to shoulder

We’re the closest thing they have to a parent that cares. No one else is even looking for them. So all of a sudden I’m able to reach down deeper and do my job even better when I think, ‘This kid is just as deserving of love — and of the opportunity of not being raped — as my kids.’

“When I associated it that closely with my kids, I’ll tell you what, there is little I won’t do for that kid. It injected me with a deeper purpose in my mission.”

There is so much more to talk about here. We could discuss the O.U.R.-sponsored after-care home in Latin America, where girls dream of becoming high-end restaurant chefs and achieve exactly that by way of specialized instruction.

Or about the “terror and beauty” mixed into a rescue operation — the terror looking into an 11-year-old’s face as she walks into a “birthday party” knowing she will lose her virginity there (virgins command a hefty price), the beauty looking into those same eyes when she realizes somebody is there to save her.

Or about how sickening it is to have to immerse oneself in such a perverse industry in order to bust the perpetrators.

You have to act like you’re their friend, Ballard said, and while “you want to reach out and tear the guy’s tongue out for the things he’s saying” you must hold back.

But let’s focus on the good news here.