View Single Post
 
Old 03-07-2019, 12:15 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 37,902
Rewards: 21,093,759
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
The expiration date on Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone's patience is fast approaching.

"Conor won't fight unless it's a main event," Cerrone said. "I don't know if it's an ego thing or a status thing for him. I don't give a s---. I'll fight anyone, anywhere, and I stand by that all the time. I guess he's a prima donna and only takes main event spots. I don't know."

Cerrone, 35, said he intends to fight by July 6, one way or another. White told ESPN last week the UFC is considering booking a fight between Cerrone and ranked lightweight Al Iaquinta. Cerrone said he doesn't care who the opponent is and would "fight [heavyweight] Brock Lesnar" if it were offered.

That said, Cerrone admitted he is annoyed that McGregor (21-4) has failed to accept the matchup thus far. McGregor endorsed the fight on social media in January after Cerrone's win against Alexander Hernandez.

"We were all waiting on Conor for April, and he said he wasn't ready," Cerrone said. "I don't know how in one breath you can say, 'I'll fight anyone, anytime, anywhere,' and the next one say, 'I'm not ready for that one.'

"I'm more annoyed that he went radio silent after putting it out. I get it, you want to stay relevant by putting it out there, but then you can't go radio silent. Sack up, b----. Sign the f---ing paper."

"I call the UFC and tell them what to do, they tell me to shut the f--- up and go sit in the corner," Cerrone said. "I don't have any say on that stuff. What I do know is July is the latest I'm fighting. That's the f---ing latest. I will not wait longer than that."
Reply With Quote