View Single Post

Old 10-13-2020, 10:40 AM

Rewards: 9,267
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
When it rains - it pours...

I was, what - down by 18-20 pts to you going into the game?

Keenan Allen catches a TD on the opening possession, brings me within 8 pts or so, with the whole game ahead of me, and Allen & the Saints LB Davis in play to get me what looks to be a win.

But . . .

So, Allen is out, and I have a LB left.
It was fun though, a battle all the way.
I even caught a break and got OT, needed 2 solo tackles or a sack, but couldn't get it, lost by 1.71.

And . . . I had Claypool on the bench (I looked at him, but went with Chark in the end. And Chark, naturally got hurt and left the game, too.)

Worse, "woulda-coulda-shoulda" second guessing comes from dropping Houston LB Cunningham and picking up Davis. I did it because last week they had Zach listed questionable, game time decision, so I dropped him for Davis. He ended up playing that week, and got picked up by Monty.
Had they not listed him as Q, I wouldn't have dropped him.
And . . . he scored 10.5 on Sunday, enough to have given me a win.

I know we all deal with injuries, but I think every one of my first five picks are either out or missed multiple games. Ugh!
But, ultimately, it's on me - I had enough points to win every game except one, I'm just not choosing the right lineups.

Still, a lot of fun, but I have my work cut out for me if I'm going to make the playoffs. I get McCaffrey back next week, G Bays' Tonyan is looking like a stud and he's back this week, I made the right call on drafting Az's Edmonds, thinking he would take over as starter for a mediocre Drake, and it looks like Claypool may be the new go-to guy for Big Ben.

Tough part of the schedule is behind me, all I need is for my lineup to stop turning into the Walking Dead . . .

Last edited by Mr. NASCAR; 10-13-2020 at 10:41 AM.