Likes Likes:  0

Old 06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Go Oilers Go!

Rewards: 4,635
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 45
Ang's CFL (Week 1)

I don't think I've ever posted plays here at cappersmall...but now's as good a time as ever. I love the CFL and watch nearly every game. But it absolutely kicked my ass last year. Hopefully we don't see the same this year...but until I start winning something, fade me!

BC -1 -110, 2 units
I don't think BC will be as good as they were last year, but I like this matchup in week one. Their defence will be good enough to hold the Argos to about 20 points I think. Damon Allen is way over the hill...it's embarrassing that he's still playing. No way he's the starter by the end of the season.

Edmonton -1.5 -110, 2 units
Esks/Bombers Under 48 -110, 2 units
I know, I know. Tonnes of changes right? The last time the Esks underwent this many changes the year was 2005. Wait a minute...who won the cup that year?? Garrett/Samuels/LaRose/Goss/Morgan...if that's not the league's best secondary by the end of the year, I'll be shocked. Ricky Ray will always give them a chance to win and the return of Lefsrud should flat out resolve any O-Line issues. But the biggest move for this team was the addition of JC as O-Coordinator. On the Winnipeg side, I actually like them to win the East. So I expect it to be a tough, close game with the Esks winning by a field goal on home turf...err...grass.

Still looking at a few other plays.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Deceased

Rewards: 2,720
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 3
I think u got it...it's either

EDM & UNDER

or

WPG & OVER

I prefer the latter.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
A Real TimeSaver!!

Rewards: 5,745
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 439
Likes (Received): 3944
Good luck, more thoughts and opinions will only help everybody
Old 06-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Go Oilers Go!

Rewards: 4,635
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 45
Hamilton +10, 2 units
I will say that I don't have 100% confidence in this play, but I think 10 points is too much this early in the season. Will Hamilton be improved? Sure. But I am not convinced. I did not see JM in preseason, but from all reports, he didn't look so hot. Chris Schultz said he had no zip behind the ball when he threw it. And if you know anything about JM, usually he's got a cannon of an arm. So that's worrisome if you're a Cats fan. But I like Lumsden and Calgary has a whole new rebuilt front 7...so the opportunity for some big yards should be there. Calgary had the league's worst secondary last year...so if that continues, maybe JM can work some magic. On the other side of the ball, Henry Burris is under a tonne of pressure. There is a lot of talk about him maybe not even being the starter there in a few weeks if he doesn't get off to a really good start. And if you've watched Burris at all in the playoffs, you know he doesn't handle pressure so well. In any case, as I mentioned above, 10 points is a lot for week 1.