Old 08-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Making $$$$$

Rewards: 1,965
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Canadian Football Week 10 Picks...

YTD 18-18 (+$120)

Well, we are at the half way point in the CFL season and let's hope we can continue making money.

I will have my other three picks later on this week as I have not finished researching them as of yet but here is tonight's play to begin with:

**** 4 UNIT PLAY **** Winnipeg +4 over Toronto - The Bombers are playing their 3rd game in 11 days and Toronto is playing their 3rd game in 10 days. So fatigue will be a factor for both teams and the one that is better conditioned will pull it out down the stretch of the game. Winnipeg is coming off of a huge win over Edmonton last week and now all of a sudden they are tied for 3rd in the West and their season doesn't seem like a write off. With the new coach, they seem to have gotten their confidence back and that can do wonders for a team that is struggling. All of a sudden they feel they can play with any other team in the league and expect their strong play to continue. Winnipeg held the second best passing attack in the league in Edmonton to just over 200 yards passing last week. That poses a tough task for the Toronto offence as Bishop gets the start tonight at QB and he hasn't had the brightest of professional careers. He will make mistakes in his first start with only 4 days of preparation. The Toronto defence is ferocious but will get tired after their offence keeps going 2 and out on drives and keeps putting them back on the field. Also, the Argos have the worst rushing defence in the league and look for the extremely talented Charles Roberts to exploit that tonight. No Damon Allen and No Bashir Levingston = major field advantage for the Bombers all night long. This game will be close to start off with but the Bombers will pull it out in the 2nd half as the Toronto offence is going to have a very frustrating day. Take the Bombers plus the points folks as they are going to win this game outright...

Good Luck to All!!!!!

Last edited by Lucky; 08-17-2004 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Making $$$$$

Post Thanks / Like
Well tough call on the first game of the week. Bombers should have covered, they had so many opportunities but just didn't capitalize. Came down to the final minute for the cover.

Well, looking to bounce back later in the week.

Early leans: Hamilton +8, Saskatchewan +4 and B.C. -6.5

Will be back in a day with write-ups and final picks.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:39 PM
Making $$$$$

Post Thanks / Like
Hamilton +10 over Ottawa - This will be a much closer game then people think. It is a division rivalry and it is a big early season game for that 3rd playoff spot in the East. Yes Ottawa is coming off of a bye week and Kerry Joseph is back in the lineup but he also isn't 100% and may get knocked out early in this game, especially with guys like Montford coming at you all day long. Hamilton got their butts handed to them last week as they went up against B.C., however, Ottawa is no B.C. and Hamilton will have much more confidence coming into this one. Hamilton will bounce back with a very strong effort tonight and although they may not win, they will definitely cover. I still think they got a good shot at this game straight up as well.

Good Luck on all your plays and will be back with my remaining two plays of the week tomorrow!!!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:48 PM

Rewards: 462
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0
Good luck tonight. Hopefully we'll both cash in.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Looking great so far, nice call man.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:36 PM

Rewards: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Angry Gades

I think I seen a figure of 3 hundred and something yards in penalties..and three players thrown out of game for misconduct who would have thunk it....
Old 08-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Making $$$$$

Post Thanks / Like
Wow, what a game. They took it straight up just like I said they might. I actually had a small play on them on the moneyline as well (+285) so that was a nice bonus.

Looking forward to tomorrow night's game with Sask and Edm, should be the best game of the week.

Will be back later with a write-up.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:02 AM

Post Thanks / Like
You nailed it, sweet call Lucky. It's funny though, I still think Hamilton could use Davis better, even though he had a big game.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Making $$$$$

Post Thanks / Like
Sorry for the delay on the Saskatchewan game.

Here it is:

*** 3 unit play *** Saskatchewan + 4 over Edmonton - Saskatchewan is playing some of the best football in the league right now on both sides of the field. This win could really help them solidify that 2nd place in the West and keep them close to B.C. The Riders' got a bye week coming off and there is nothing more that these players want then to go in on a winning streak. Edmonton is struggling as of late and they lead the league in fumbles. That's a tough weakness to overturn against the hard hitting Rough Riders. Maas still isn't 100% and I honestly don't think he will finish this game. The Green Riders' lead the league in sacks and they will get to him quite a bit in tonight's game. This game will be close but I look for Saskatchewan to pull out the win straight up so the points are a bonus.

Good Luck on your plays and let's go Riders!!!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Making $$$$$

Post Thanks / Like
Sorry guys, it's been a tough week!

Saskatchewan looked like they had that game early and then made some key mistakes, including the interception returned for a touchdown. That's the thing about CFL, you can totally outplay a team and it's one or two big plays that turn the game around.

Saskatchewan actually moved the ball better than Edmonton all game long, they doubled them in first downs, had more yardage and way more time of possession but they lost.

Well, there is one more game left this week and it's a tough spread but I predict:

B.C. -9.5 over Calgary - The best offensive team in the league against a weak defence and this one should be over at the halfway point. Calgary is putting Crandell back in after Tommy Jones got injured last week but don't expect him to do much better. The Lions defence is playing much better and is getting overlooked by the great offense. They will put pressure on Crandell all game long and there will be turnovers created. As for offense, Printers will have even more time to look downfield as Bobby Singh (one of the top CFL linemen) is back in the game tonight. Take the Lions folks...

Also, you may want to consider a teaser play here with the Lions and the under. I don't see the total going over 60 and right now the line is at 65.

Good Luck on your plays!!!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:25 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Get 'em tonight Lucky. I've got BC -9.5 as well and will be around for a 2nd half play if it works out. GL.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:44 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Oh well, crappy way for me to start a vacation but I'll try and get back on track when I return. GL in the coming weeks.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Making $$$$$

Post Thanks / Like
Well, the Lions didn't cover. Luckily I had a small play on them earlier in the week when the line opened at -6.5 so it wasn't too bad.

Also, I had a small teaser (as I had recommended) on the Lions and the Under and that worked out as well too.

Well, it's off to next week and we are now into the second half of the season (there are 20 weeks in the CFL).

Good Luck and will be back later in the week with my insight on next week's games!!!!!