Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

Fantasy Sports Fantasy football, fantasy baseball, fantasy basketball, fantasy hockey and more.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:41 AM
Canadian Troublemaker

Rewards: 70,281
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2569
Likes (Received): 2553
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Isn't it black and white now? Fan Duel locks it at 1 pm right? It just seems like we follow rules and deadlines to a tee on every contest here but not this one? Just seems weird to me
Fair argument.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:42 AM

Rewards: 22,848
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 463
Likes (Received): 394
NFL season long DFS

I had a lineup, i export 1 lineup a week to all my matchups, well this is the only matchup I ever play that's Sunday-Monday every once in a while, sometimes hotpicks does Sunday main sometimes he does Sunday Monday, when it's Sunday main it's no big deal it exports it but I have to go manually change the Sunday Monday when he doesn't make the contest the Sunday Monday and I noticed 2 mins after kickoff yesterday which is when I posted, on here
Old 11-14-2016, 10:09 AM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 18,028,703
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5603
Likes (Received): 10968
I was in a similar situation in the $200 CFB Pick 7 in week 5 or 6. It was 3:40 and I forgot to turn my picks in. I didn't ask mhp to take them or try to get them in. I fucked up and I knew it. Nobody to blame but myself. It cost me 7 losses that week. I followed it up with a bad week and stopped turning in picks after that. I know it sucks cuz I've done it, but deadlines are deadlines.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:37 PM
Big Kahuna

Rewards: 9,774
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4019
Likes (Received): 7205
If this was in the rules then I understand following the rules. Without rules you have chaos.

But in this case haven't we all been in this situation with the import not working cause different format.

I don't know if it is right for me to dictate to allow it or not. I just think it is was a tiny thing and no advantage that I can tell.

IDK
Old 11-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Big Kahuna

Post Thanks / Like
Also their is fair argument on both sides. I guess me personally I don't look at this like a serious CM sanctioned contest but rather a contest for a group of friends. IDK that could be wrong as well. I know I hate when anything like this comes up because I feel like why should I decide? lol

I think maybe we can have a silent vote and just tell me yeah or nay.

As we do these season contests with Fan Duel, it has been a while so I am not sure if there have been issues that have come up and were just dealt with in the other sports.

So I am trying to be fair here. I also want to say that I also understand the other side and those guys should not have to feel like an ass because they expect all the rules to be followed. The only difference is they are saying it.

So somehow we have to come up with a solution, the fairest and that makes the most sense. We should consider what we've done in other Fan Duel season contests. I realize this year we have like 10 guys but there is a core of you that have done this in all of the contests.

If the group prefers me to make a decision and we all live with it - fine I will do that as well. I will look at everything. Let's be smart, fair but consistent as well
Old 11-14-2016, 06:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jack View Post
If this was in the rules then I understand following the rules. Without rules you have chaos.
Serious question. Doesn't everyone know Fan Duel locks at 1 PM? Isn't that pretty much a lock tight rule? I guess I am missing the chaos part. If I forgot my lineup and it was 1:05 I would simply say fuck and move on. Not trying to be a dick at all here Jack but I, like everyone, has been burned by missing a deadline before. Yahoo locks SP when 7:05 hits in MLB. That would be like me texting pimp at 7:10 and saying ron, can you add these points from this pitcher at the end of the season because I forgot to set my lineup tonight.

Maybe I am the only one who feels this way. IDK, nobody seems to be saying much beyond a couple of us. I feel like at this point we should all get a mulligan if needed to make it fair. And again, it is absolutely nothing personal with anybody, it's JMO.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:22 PM
Recovering Town Drunk

Rewards: 20,378
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1244
Likes (Received): 5757
We have done this in all the sports, and have always had some leeway with obvious errors such as this, as long as they are corrected immediately. It is just with NFL it is a bigger group, and I understand both sides.

I do not know how we make an exception for ryhenry, then not noles for a similar issue. Even if we said, this can not happen again, noles is being punished for not being the first one to have an ooops.

I am fine with letting the score stand, but can see the other side also.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:23 PM
Recovering Town Drunk

Rewards: 20,378
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1244
Likes (Received): 5757
Quote:
Serious question. Doesn't everyone know Fan Duel locks at 1 PM? Isn't that pretty much a lock tight rule? I guess I am missing the chaos part. If I forgot my lineup and it was 1:05 I would simply say fuck and move on. Not trying to be a dick at all here Jack but I, like everyone, has been burned by missing a deadline before. Yahoo locks SP when 7:05 hits in MLB. That would be like me texting pimp at 7:10 and saying ron, can you add these points from this pitcher at the end of the season because I forgot to set my lineup tonight.

Maybe I am the only one who feels this way. IDK, nobody seems to be saying much beyond a couple of us. I feel like at this point we should all get a mulligan if needed to make it fair. And again, it is absolutely nothing personal with anybody, it's JMO.
He knew when the lock was, he just did not realize his import did not import it to CM contest until after lock.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Natty View Post
He knew when the lock was, he just did not realize his import did not import it to CM contest until after lock.
I understand that but he has a lineup entered.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:51 PM
Big Kahuna

Post Thanks / Like
Usually I'm
With the side rules are rules but I still see this as friendly competition. The problem I see is if we allow it we add the score that was posted before games started and move on because no competitive advantage

Or we count him as a zero and he's done and has no realistic chance so penalty is severe.

Maybe next year we add something like a -20 for clerical type errors. Again I do understand both sides of the issue. Just kinda speaking out loud.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:53 PM
cappersmall VIP

Rewards: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 7738
Likes (Received): 12651
The thing is,the lineup he entered isn't going to be a 0, it hit points. I don't care but do agree fully with wayne. Let me know how to score it in a few hours though.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhotpicks2 View Post
The thing is,the lineup he entered isn't going to be a 0, it hit points. I don't care but do agree fully with wayne. Let me know how to score it in a few hours though.
That's my problem with it. He entered a lineup and he got a score. He is in 8th with a RB left tonight. It's not like he got 0 or anything. So instead of giving him the lineup he entered and the 87+ points, we are going to give him 144 instead, using a lineup he entered in other contests? That just doesn't make sense to me. So basically he gets 1st place this week after his error.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
That's my problem with it. He entered a lineup and he got a score. He is in 8th with a RB left tonight. It's not like he got 0 or anything. So instead of giving him the lineup he entered and the 87+ points, we are going to give him 144 instead, using a lineup he entered in other contests? That just doesn't make sense to me. So basically he gets 1st place this week after his error.
this exactly proves my thoughts more then anything, you are basing my score over everything, I said what my lineup should of been 2 mins after lineups locked, my lineup had Isiah peed in there I don't even know who he plays for when I was entering the lineup on tuesday I was playing with what was there and he just happened to fill the roster so I could enter it, do what you gotta do, Im not here to cheat anyone and enjoy contest in this forum, but I will say some guys have to much say when the guy running the show in Jack should really be making the call or somebody that isn't involved in the contest....
Old 11-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Big Kahuna

Post Thanks / Like
I did not realize a lineup was entered. I thought there was no lineup and that is why he posted there so it's just the wrong lineup? In that case, I would have a different opinion. I think.

I say score it as it is entered and we can discuss this futher and decide about the remaining points.

I thought I understood it ecactly and I was a little off.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like
and I will further comment on 2 people that are on this forum more then anyone comment on the thread after the games are over knowing that they saw the post yesterday and could easily respond exactly how they are doing right now...
Old 11-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan08 View Post
and I will further comment on 2 people that are on this forum more then anyone comment on the thread after the games are over knowing that they saw the post yesterday and could easily respond exactly how they are doing right now...
I made my thoughts on this very clear after it happened once. Those thoughts never changed. And I don't care what you got for points, I would have said the lineup you entered in this contest is the lineup you get.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
and noles, check my post history and you will see I am never here on Sunday after 1 PM. I usually never post and I am usually never here between 1-6 PM on Sundays. Yesterday was no different.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:02 PM
cappersmall VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
lol, I don't check the fantasy forum on Sunday. Look at my $100 heads up thread, Seanie asked me to do one off site, but never saw it.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:15 PM
Big Kahuna

Post Thanks / Like
Noles,

Because a lineup was entered we should count that one.

We will have to iron out rules next time because although a friendly competition $250 x 10 is decent money. It is not fair to call out people for speaking up. I commend them.

I hope this doesn't hinder you and really hope the 50 point swing won't matter one way or another in the end
Old 11-14-2016, 11:45 PM

Post Thanks / Like
NFL season long DFS

Not a problem Jack, not here to ruin the competition, it's my mistake and I take full blame for it although I'm basically penalized for entering a contest on Tuesday instead of taking a zero because it sounds like if I would of just taking the zero I would of gotten my score, however it plays out is fine, im not calling out hotpicks or Wayne just stating I'm long time member that donates to a ton of contest, I'm not here to screw any one I just wanna make that known and I can assure you if I felt I didn't make a mistake I would of never said anything, that being said I won't be entering any further contests through this forum, good luck the rest of the way and Go Phins!
Old 11-14-2016, 11:50 PM
cappersmall VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Week 10

zeib10 - 1232.56
Natty - 1216.1
Hotpicks - 1210.06
noles - 1173.78
ryhenry - 1168.82
wayne - 1151.22
bobtheicon - 1141.54
JC - 1075.1
Jack - 1069.56
sharptoronto - 1040.06
Old 11-14-2016, 11:52 PM
cappersmall VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Week 11 Link

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/16941-...=fray23&cnl=ga
Old 11-15-2016, 12:21 PM
Canadian Troublemaker

Rewards: 70,281
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2569
Likes (Received): 2553
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhotpicks2 View Post
lol, I don't check the fantasy forum on Sunday. Look at my $100 heads up thread, Seanie asked me to do one off site, but never saw it.
Don't draw attention to that please.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:51 PM
cappersmall VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpTORONTO View Post
Don't draw attention to that please.
Haha meant the one where I asked if anybody wanted to do a $100, not our weekly
Old 11-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Big Kahuna

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Not a problem Jack, not here to ruin the competition, it's my mistake and I take full blame for it although I'm basically penalized for entering a contest on Tuesday instead of taking a zero because it sounds like if I would of just taking the zero I would of gotten my score, however it plays out is fine, im not calling out hotpicks or Wayne just stating I'm long time member that donates to a ton of contest, I'm not here to screw any one I just wanna make that known and I can assure you if I felt I didn't make a mistake I would of never said anything, that being said I won't be entering any further contests through this forum, good luck the rest of the way and Go Phins!
I know that you would never try to screw anyone. I will vouch for that and would defend you if someone said that.

That said it's a no win situation for me. I have to make the decision and the person who doesn't get their way gets mad or says they won't participate in contests anymore.

All I do is try to be fair and consistent. I try to affect the least amount of people when forced to make a decision. Personally I would prefer everything laid out in the rules and we just follow them so I don't have to make decisions like this.

I also want to say that without sounding arrogant, that you not playing in future contests is your loss and only punishes yourself. While I do not take our paid contests people for granted, I don't make one penny on those contests and in fact lose money on them usually. But I do them as a draw to the site and also as a courtesy to our members. Our numbers and contests speak for themselves.

I don't like that we lose a good member like yourself noles. While not everyone agrees probably but I like you personally and you've always been straight up.

But also just because others do not agree with a ruling or an opinion, they should not be blamed for speaking out. There are other who agree with them who just haven't spoke up and there are people who disagree who haven't spoke up. But the ones who spoke are consistent with their views so I have no problem with that.

I am rambling but one more thing - the quickest way to lose contest players or members is not following the rules. Members overall can not stand when rules are changed or even bent after the contest begins. So I keep that in mind. It's like NFL replay. Might look like it should be overturned but unless evidence is 100% conclusive the ruling on the field stands.

Anyway I really do hope the 50 points ends up not mattering at all. But if it does I will sleep okay and feel like did what was best overall for the contest/forum although it was a catch 22.