Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

MLB Baseball MLB Handicapping - Post your MLB picks, talk MLB betting - all baseball.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #601  
Old 06-30-2019, 01:08 PM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
In addition and all fairness, one has to give a lot of credit to Cashman for putting together the truly outstanding team the Yankees have this year.
The only sure thing for me is that if the Yankees get to the WS and in convincing style, I am not only bet them against whoever they play, but am also am going to make a side proposition bet on a four game sweep.

Last edited by savage1; 06-30-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #602  
Old 06-30-2019, 01:11 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 31,319
Rewards: 16,640,047
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5453
Likes (Received): 9689
Cashman is not a dumb fuck like Dombrowski and sheep like you.
__________________
Likes woody paige liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old 06-30-2019, 01:21 PM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Cashman is not a dumb fuck like Dombrowski and sheep like you.
Yawn-Dombrowski is so dumb I guess we can assume that the Sox would have won 108 games last season and breezed through playoffs and WS last season if Joe Blow had been the GM.
Imo there is a lot more to why the Sox are not doing well this season other than BP and why they will not advance to WS.
I have stated the reasons in other posts and am not going to rehash them.
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 06-30-2019, 01:24 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 31,319
Rewards: 16,640,047
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5453
Likes (Received): 9689
They won in spite of him, not because of him, yawn. He didn't get 1 hit or record one out. Keep living in the past dumb fuck. That is what pink hats do. Who cares about this year right? Fuckin idiots
Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old 06-30-2019, 01:40 PM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
How many WS has Cashmsn won during his tenure with all of the money spent? lol
Let’s jyst say kindly that Thank God I am not of the what have you done for me mentality.7
Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old 06-30-2019, 02:30 PM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
They won in spite of him, not because of him, yawn. He didn't get 1 hit or record one out. Keep living in the past dumb fuck. That is what pink hats do. Who cares about this year right? Fuckin idiots
Lets take a look at the statement that the Sox won IN SPITE of Dombrowski.
Was it "in spite of Dombrowski" that he stood his ground in not caving in to the contractual demands of JD and his agent, called their bluff successfully and signed him and saved the team a lot of money by so doing.
I wonder how Sox would have done last year had some other "dumb: GM signed him and the Sox didn't have him for the entire season.
Lets be honest and real here-all Gm's just like most teams have good years and bad years.
Theo was instrumental in helping the team win its first WS in 86 years, but then fizzled afterwards to the point that he fled the team to the greener pastures of Chicago.
There he was also instrumental in helping the Cubs to finally win a WS.
He has done a good job there but has won only one WS so far.
Should we thus bash him also because they have failed in other years towin the WS.
What about Ben Cherington-he did everything right in 2013 when just about everyone thought the team would finish last.
After that well we all know what happened, and it wasn't pretty.
DD failed to get it done (win the WS) until last season, when they won everything in impressive style, and now some regard him as a pariah because the team hasn't lived up to the expectations and hopes based on last season.
In short just life itself, GM's and teams have up years mediocre years and bad years.
It is no different with Cora-last season he could do no wrong.
This year well he hasn't pressed all of the right buttons.
Should the Sox fire him as well as DD right also because things have not worked out as well this season??
For that matter perhaps the Sox should get rid of Mookie also because his average is down a bit and let JD walk also because his numbers aren't as good as last season.
And don't forget the likes of Sale either.
And of course using the philosophy that the present always guarantees the future, we know for sure the Devers is going to make the HOF for sure and thus lock him up forever( and I don't mean in the sense of Hilary lol).
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 06-30-2019, 02:51 PM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Correction-Theo was the GM for two Sox teams which won the WS-2004 and 2007.
Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 06-30-2019, 02:52 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 31,319
Rewards: 16,640,047
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5453
Likes (Received): 9689
No interest in reading another stupid fuckin novel. Hopefully someone else will or you wasted your time yet again sheep
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 06-30-2019, 03:05 PM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
No interest in reading another stupid fuckin novel. Hopefully someone else will or you wasted your time yet again sheep
Speak for yourself-LOTS of folks read my posts because they are interested in what a baseball and Sox fan since 1952 has to say.
But of course as we all "know," all those who read my posts come here "only" out of curiosity as they do when there is an auto accident because you said so. lol
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 06-30-2019, 03:09 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 31,319
Rewards: 16,640,047
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5453
Likes (Received): 9689
Well they certainly don't reply dumb fuck. It is usually you talking to yourself day after day after day
Reply With Quote
  #611  
Old 06-30-2019, 03:22 PM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Well they certainly don't reply dumb fuck. It is usually you talking to yourself day after day after day
It is of no matter to me whether they respond or not-it is what they learn from it.
Does everyone respond to every one of your posts, and if not, why not?

"When someone judges you it isn't actually about you. It's about them and their own insecurities, limitations and needs."

Last edited by savage1; 06-30-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 06-30-2019, 03:24 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 31,319
Rewards: 16,640,047
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5453
Likes (Received): 9689
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage1 View Post
It is of no matter to me whether they respond or not-it is what they learn from it.
Does everyone respond to every one of your posts, and if not, why not?

"When someone judges you it isn't actually about you. It's about them and their own insecurities, limitations and needs."
Whatever you say nostradumbass
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 06-30-2019, 03:31 PM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Whatever you say nostradumbass
Yawn.
I guess it is asking too much for you to go back to the "novel" post I wrote and civilly debate the points I made along with my point of view.
Much easier just to dismiss and insult it and hope that will fly.
If just one person reads it and gets something out of it and makes him think(imo there are a lot more than one), then I am content.
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 06-30-2019, 08:17 PM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
I think this season could well end up being like the 2013 and 2014 seasons.
In 2013 the Sox surprisingly went 97-65 and won the WS.
In 2014 they collapsed, finished last, went 71-91 and obviously missed the playoffs.
In 2018 they went 108-54 and won the WS.
If they follow the pattern of the 2014 team and win 26 games fewer than the 2013 team, they will finish at 82-80, which is in the realm of possibility.
Unlike 2014 however, it seems inconceivable that will finish lower than third thanks to the presence of the O's an Blue Jays.

Last edited by savage1; 06-30-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 07-01-2019, 09:58 AM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
The comparison of the 2018 Sox and the 2019 Sox remind me of the stock market in May and June and the first day of July so far but in reverse order.
The 2018 Sox were phenomenal but the 2019 Sox have fizzled badly and have been a big disappointment.
On the other hand with the stock market just the opposite is true-in May the stock market got crushed, but in June an including today in July things have been great, have more than made up the losses in May, and the averages are at all time highs!
Whether this is sustainable or not is anyone's guess.
Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old 07-03-2019, 08:44 AM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
The only relevant comment I have for now is that as bad as the Sox BP is, they never gave up five consecutive walks with two out and nobody on in the last of the ninth and lost the game.
For me that is worse than if under the same situation and scenario, the BP had given up five straight hits and lost the game.
Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old 07-03-2019, 08:49 AM
woody paige woody paige is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 193
Rewards: 4,236
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 26
Likes (Received): 30
Savage, I see nothing has changed with you over the last 15 yrs except you still don't have any friends on the outside of this forum , but Wayne, lol
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 07-03-2019, 09:23 AM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Posted in error.

Last edited by savage1; 07-03-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old 07-03-2019, 11:29 AM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody paige View Post
Savage, I see nothing has changed with you over the last 15 yrs except you still don't have any friends on the outside of this forum , but Wayne, lol
I can't say that I remember you after all of these years, Woody(Erdman) Paige, but thanks for visiting the thread.
As far as the relationship between Wayne and me goes, well I guess this is the best way to descibe it for now. lol
https://img00.deviantart.net/09d3/i/...ts-d5emn8c.jpg

Last edited by savage1; 07-03-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old 07-04-2019, 08:54 AM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Is relief on the way?

Boston Red Sox Rumors: Will Smith top trade deadline target
Reply With Quote
  #621  
Old 07-04-2019, 09:30 AM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Here is a huge reason why Sox are where they are at the moment, and this has nothing to do with the BP.

Chris Sale: Red Sox SP '''As Frustrated as I'''ve Ever Been''' After Loss to Blue Jays | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
Reply With Quote
  #622  
Old 07-04-2019, 10:47 AM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Chris Sale has pitched brilliantly AT TIMES this season.
Last night was not one of those times.
In addition, these stats are not exactly worthy of the Chris Sale we expect:

TORONTO — Chris Sale dropped to 3-8 with a 4.04 ERA in 18 starts as he allowed three home runs to the Blue Jays here Wednesday.

If one chooses to blame DD for the BP, then ok-however you cannot blame him for the failure of Sale to deliver so far this season and of course if there are undisclosed/unknown health issues with him this season.

Last edited by savage1; 07-04-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #623  
Old 07-04-2019, 11:18 AM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Imo and to play Devils Advocate, sure go ahead and "blame" DD for not taking a more aggressive stance in signing a closer(I still think for lots of reasons he did the right thing by not signing Kimbrel for 96 million for six years and he fizzled once again yesterday).
My entire point though is that there are other reasons I have cited such as Sale, Mookie, the overall intensity level, Cora's not pushing the right buttons this year, etc. which have also contributed to the disappointing season.
Most importantly I do not feel DD should be fired on the spot immediately as imo the punishment would not fit the "crime" and that he should be given a chance to fix things and see how it works out between now and at least 40 or so games into next season.
As I have pointed out, he made lots of great decisions last season and simply sweep those under the rug, go ahead-that is not the way I choose to evaluate him and for that matter lots of matters in life.
Everyone screws up and makes bad decisions at times, and imo should not have the "book thrown at him" simply because a GM, manager or anyone in life for that matter makes one, and especially so if he has made good decisions in the past.
I am not going to debate my feelings and philosophy further with stuff like this.
Each to their own!
Reply With Quote
  #624  
Old 07-04-2019, 11:39 AM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
Your Honor-the "Defense" rests its case citing MULTIPLE reasons why the Sox have failed to live up to expectations this season in addition to the lackluster bullpen, the latter which was a miscalculation/error in judgment on the part of the GM/FO, Dave Dombroski.
No matter what the findings and decision is of Your Honor and the Jury, the Defense does not believe it should be "capital punishment, which in this case would result in the removal of the General Manager of the Boston Red Sox, Dave Dombrowski as he has also done some very admirable things for the Sox, the most notable accomplishments being that his overall strategy and moves last season helped the Red Sox to win the World Series last season.
The Defense also requests a three hour recess from further proceedings so that the Defense and all others concerned can partake of the nice hot sunny weather!
Reply With Quote
  #625  
Old 07-04-2019, 11:55 AM
savage1 savage1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 5,843
Rewards: 15,668
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 1421
One last comment before I head out for some outdoor activities.
The number of runs scored is misleading and somewhat meaningless in itself because while it is true that the BP is responsible for some of those losses, it doesn't consider at least several things:
1)Some of those high total runs were because of blowout wins, meaning that just using those as a criterion is only of limited value.
2) Along the same line of thinking, the relatively high run production does not consider the fact that in a lot of close games in key situations with players in scoring positions, folks like Mookie, JD and others failed to get it done.
Of course players like Devers, Bogaerts and Chavis has done their part, but lets be real here-the Sox have left a lot of men on base when it counted, and that in itself has contributed to their problem and record.
As the famous quote from one of the network goes, "Fair and balanced" is the way to go here.
Back later on this afternoon.

Last edited by savage1; 07-04-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
games, imo, losing, sox, win

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.79% Host: cappersmallweb6