Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

NFL Football NFL Handicapping - Post your NFL picks, talk NFL betting, NFL odds or fantasy football.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:37 PM
Banned

Rewards: 254
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 7
Nothing says immaturity like adults living vicariously through someone else's accomplishments on their tv screen. No one on Steelers or Pats gives a damn about any of you. I'll care when teams pay me to root for them lol.
Greatest team ever..is like saying greatest dishwasher ever. It's an unimportant accomplishment that amounts to nothing in the progress of mankind, society etc.. You just wasted 3 hours watching guys in gay super hero costumes, play catch for money,on your tv. Lol

Last edited by PhilElliotLARams; 05-17-2019 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 15,976,385
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5435
Likes (Received): 9555
Says the guy who puts the LA Rams in his user name. Do they pay you to do that loser?
Old 05-17-2019, 10:00 PM
Shhhhhh!

Rewards: 41,124
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2173
Likes (Received): 2162
What would I watch and gamble in instead of sports, survivor or big brother, hahahaha lol.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:08 PM

Rewards: 15,310
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 550
Likes (Received): 1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilElliotLARams View Post
Nothing says immaturity like adults living vicariously through someone else's accomplishments on their tv screen. No one on Steelers or Pats gives a damn about any of you. I'll care when teams pay me to root for them lol.
Greatest team ever..is like saying greatest dishwasher ever. It's an unimportant accomplishment that amounts to nothing in the progress of mankind, society etc.. You just wasted 3 hours watching guys in gay super hero costumes, play catch for money,on your tv. Lol
I don't want to take sides in this one, but in response to this, I have a question.
If in fact winning the SB, being the greatest team, ever, etc. are unimportant accomplishments that amount to nothing in the progress of mankind,, society, etc(I do agree with this relatively speaking), then my question is what specifically can/should all of us do as human beings who are mortal in our lifetimes to make them important if I am reading you correctly?
Also if we should not derive pleasure watching our favorite teams play and win( I don't want to get into whether it is all fixed or not, then what things should we do not only in the context of previous paragraph but also to just plain enjoy our time on earth and/or is that a relative thing with no one size fits all answer?
tia

Last edited by savage1; 05-17-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:59 AM

Rewards: 286
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 193
Likes (Received): 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Says the guy who puts the LA Rams in his user name. Do they pay you to do that loser?
This guy gives Queefy a run for his money as biggest douche at CM.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:13 AM
Shhhhhh!

Post Thanks / Like
Le'Veon Bell's deal with Jets, Adam Gase keeps getting worse | Sporting News
Old 05-18-2019, 01:46 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Do you understand something called context?
I'm amused by sports like I've been since childhood. I just now know it's entertainment and nothing more. Not to be taken personal ,like a gang war vs other teams fans.
I do not live vicariously through it.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:47 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
It's all just part of a narrative. They are the team that plays the suck team role. These decisions are obviously fake.
His picture of looking goofy was entirely planned
Old 05-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Do you understand something called context?
I'm amused by sports like I've been since childhood. I just now know it's entertainment and nothing more. Not to be taken personal ,like a gang war vs other teams fans.
I do not live vicariously through it.
Yes you do. Look at your user name. And yes I understand context. Unfortunately I do not think you do Mr LA Rams.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:06 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thumbs down

Quote:
Yes you do. Look at your user name. And yes I understand context. Unfortunately I do not think you do Mr LA Rams.
I just gave the reasoning why. You are incredibly immature for your age. This is why you can't grasp the basic examples of how sports is staged. You can barely be an adult about anything else. Fascinating. Not to mention that you don't seem to understand the name before LARams.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:17 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
I just gave the reasoning why. You are incredibly immature for your age. This is why you can't grasp the basic examples of how sports is staged. You can barely be an adult about anything else. Fascinating. Not to mention that you don't seem to understand the name before LARams.
You have no clue what my age is Phil. You shouldn’t assume anything in life. It makes you look stupid
Old 05-18-2019, 04:21 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
You have no clue what my age is Phil. You shouldn’t assume anything in life. It makes you look stupid
Another dumb slogan by someone immature for their age.
I can safely assume you're an adult. That means you're acting immature no matter what your age is. Now, look up the name in my screen name so I can then educate you on the meaning.
You assume sports isn't staged. So therefore....
Old 05-18-2019, 04:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Phil you have acted like a 15 year old since you got here. That is what a 15 year old does, they act like they know it all. I know this because i had a 15 year old and you act just like he did.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:36 PM
WHINY CUNT

Rewards: 16,146
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5937
Likes (Received): 3752
might as well keep sweeping wayne, every single post from this guy has been negative and on top of that, has called everyone he interacts with stupid.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:42 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Phil you have acted like a 15 year old since you got here. That is what a 15 year old does, they act like they know it all. I know this because i had a 15 year old and you act just like he did.
No, I haven't acted like I know all of anything. Stop avoiding and look up Phil Elliott.
I never said I know everything. I said I know sports is staged and gave examples.15 year olds can't do that lately.
I know I am absolutely correct. That's not like acting like a kid. That's an adult telling you something with confidence.
As I said before,context.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:44 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by T100 View Post
might as well keep sweeping wayne, every single post from this guy has been negative and on top of that, has called everyone he interacts with stupid.
I haven't called a single person here stupid once.
I have said you are ignorant.Nothing I've said is a negative.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:45 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
No, I haven't acted like I know all of anything. Stop avoiding and look up Phil Elliott.
I never said I know everything. I said I know sports is staged and gave examples.15 year olds can't do that lately.
I know I am absolutely correct. That's not like acting like a kid. That's an adult telling you something with confidence.
As I said before,context.
I do not work for you Phil and I am not looking up shit. Do you know what 1218 means? Probably not. Enjoy your last night here
Old 05-20-2019, 06:51 AM

Rewards: 15,310
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 550
Likes (Received): 1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage1 View Post
I don't want to take sides in this one, but in response to this, I have a question.
If in fact winning the SB, being the greatest team, ever, etc. are unimportant accomplishments that amount to nothing in the progress of mankind,, society, etc(I do agree with this relatively speaking), then my question is what specifically can/should all of us do as human beings who are mortal in our lifetimes to make them important if I am reading you correctly?
Also if we should not derive pleasure watching our favorite teams play and win( I don't want to get into whether it is all fixed or not, then what things should we do not only in the context of previous paragraph but also to just plain enjoy our time on earth and/or is that a relative thing with no one size fits all answer?
tia
Imo to leave the questions cited above ignored and/or not responded renders the premise of op meaningless and irrelevant itself.
First of all making assertive, vague and subjective statements without a solution so to speak for fixing it, which is the case here(ie if everything is fixed, then how do we find out what individuals are responsible and then what actions to take to eliminate the problem?) implies that the powers to be cannot be found no matter what and that everyone is simply supposed to simply throw up their hands in resignation.
Assuming that my premise is correct and/or cannot be proven wrong, by my way of thinking, to belittle folks for deriving pleasure from watching sporting events in general does not follow unless of course as stated in original question asked, some alternatives can be offered.
It is a sense like pro wrestling, meaning that anyone who was not born yesterday nor is not naďve or just plain and stupid, realizes it is all staged and designed for pure entertainment and to derive revenues.
Those who attend these "matches" or watch them on tv if they are still televised still derive some kind of pleasure or else would not bother.
I myself can't be bothered with this stuff but who am I to make a judgment on others that they shouldn't?
It is pretty much the same with sports and whether they are on the up and up or not.
If the Pats and Yankees dynasties could not have existed with outside help. then why should those who derived pleasure from this be blamed for being happy and especially so if nothing can be done about it, which is the implication here?
Similarly without offering an alternative to watching and enjoying sports as I submitted in previous post(which is the case here), op is doing nothing but making a judgment by his own standards of people who do not share his views and more importantly not offering any solution as to how to fix things so as to render the meanings of the concepts of entertainment and enjoyment relevant in some kind of societal accepted sense.
ps This post is not designed for all to read and consider but rather only those who enjoy philosophical questions like this and enjoy and believe "critical thinking" is important.

Last edited by savage1; 05-20-2019 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:28 AM

Rewards: 6,777
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 621
Likes (Received): 578
Don't have to look up Phil Elliot; read the book, saw the movie.
He's not real, just like his namesake here, right Poot?

Your insecurity is showing - totally convinced you're intellectually superior to everyone else, yet stuck wallowing in petulance because you're unable to convince others to join you in the fantasy.

You don't see it of course (the delusion that you're brilliant and see things others are just too dull to comprehend).
It's not your fault, you can't see it. Idiocy comes with its own portable safe space - the empty space located between your ears. It's like a cocoon of ignorance that protects you from having to suffer the sad realization that you're a moron.

Basically put, you're too stupid to realize you're stupid.
God is merciful like that.

Last edited by Mr. NASCAR; 05-20-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:37 PM
Shhhhhh!

Post Thanks / Like
The NFL has asked teams to eliminate some high-impact drills -- including the iconic Oklahoma drill -- from training camp practices as part of the league's ongoing effort to reduce concussions. Best drill in all of football, get ready for many many missed tackles.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:40 PM
Shhhhhh!

Post Thanks / Like
Raiders released QB Landry Jones. He entered spring competing with Mike Glennon, Nathan Peterman for a reserve role.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:21 PM
Shhhhhh!

Post Thanks / Like
Alvin Kamara, Ted Ginn and many other NFL players to race in 40-yard dash tournament - CBSSports.com
Old 05-23-2019, 09:40 PM

Rewards: 286
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 193
Likes (Received): 412
You're trying your best to be a low budget NY Knight.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:05 AM
Shhhhhh!

Post Thanks / Like
Bucs a sleeper team this year.

Bucs, Ndamukong Suh agree to one-year, $9.25 million contract – ProFootballTalk
Old 06-10-2019, 08:43 PM
Shhhhhh!

Post Thanks / Like
40 Yards of Gold is still pushing forward.

June 29. event can be seen on TV for $39.95.

The 16-participant, 15-race event will be held at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida. Players who have committed include 49ers receiver Marquise Goodwin, Saints receiver Ted Ginn Jr., Saints running back Alvin Kamara, Jets receiver Robby Anderson, Vikings cornerback Trae Waynes, Panthers cornerback Donte Jackson, and Washington cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

The final roster of racers omits Bears running back Tarik Cohen, Ravens running back Mark Ingram, Cardinals safety Budda Baker, Giants receiver Corey Coleman, and Titans safety Kevin Byard. Each previously were touted as participants in the event. There teams prob nixed it.

Tags
49ers, francisco, nfl, san, york