Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

NFL Football NFL Handicapping - Post your NFL picks, talk NFL betting, NFL odds or fantasy football.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:45 PM

Rewards: 4,036
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 8144
Likes (Received): 3023
What about all those that are retired? They aren't receiving money still, not enough to keep their mouths closed. Why aren't they speaking up? Unless you think they are still receiving money... but just in NFL alone, we'd be in the $trillions... but you dated this back going far beyond the 1930s for MLB with the Yankees. So add another couple $trillion in there as well for all those players, staff, coaches, helpers, family members, retirees and their families as well.

Man, I'll agree some shady shit happens once in a while in sports. But this isn't some big-world conspiracy like you think it is. These games are still ref'd and judged by humans, who will have human error from time-to-time. If this is a troll, you're not doing a good job. I actually hope it is, because jesus do I feel bad for you and your family letting this consume you for the past 4 years.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Banned

Rewards: 254
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
What about all those that are retired? They aren't receiving money still, not enough to keep their mouths closed. Why aren't they speaking up? Unless you think they are still receiving money... but just in NFL alone, we'd be in the $trillions... but you dated this back going far beyond the 1930s for MLB with the Yankees. So add another couple $trillion in there as well for all those players, staff, coaches, helpers, family members, retirees and their families as well.

Man, I'll agree some shady shit happens once in a while in sports. But this isn't some big-world conspiracy like you think it is. These games are still ref'd and judged by humans, who will have human error from time-to-time. If this is a troll, you're not doing a good job. I actually hope it is, because jesus do I feel bad for you and your family letting this consume you for the past 4 years.
You actually don't know what retired players are getting or not getting. It doesn't matter. They signed a contract and that time has passed. Again.. the amount of money is irrelevant. All they need to do is type a figure on a screen and it becomes real. No, I doubt the currently pay all retired players.
Why do they need to say anything? They were given money,fame and fortune.
Google- Peter Gent midget wrestling. He wrote north dallas 40 and played for the cowboys. He said the most important speech was from the PR guy on the first day of camp.
Gentlemen, you are entertainers. If the public wants a winner or loser, that's what they'll get.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:22 PM
WHINY CUNT

Rewards: 24,096
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5876
Likes (Received): 3704
Three of the best singers available, Freddy Mercury, George MIchael, Prince are all dead. I don't believe in coincidences. I am saying that all three were murdered. This has nothing to do with homosexuality, otherwise Elton John would be dead too. What I am saying is that judeo-satanists hate talented people, therefore they have murdered extremely talented singers.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by T100 View Post
Three of the best singers available, Freddy Mercury, George MIchael, Prince are all dead. I don't believe in coincidences. I am saying that all three were murdered. This has nothing to do with homosexuality, otherwise Elton John would be dead too. What I am saying is that judeo-satanists hate talented people, therefore they have murdered extremely talented singers.
Princess Leia died with the release of a new star wars movie.
Chubaca died near May the 4th (be with you) but yeah, it's all just a random coincidence.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:44 PM

Rewards: 267,458
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 10639
Likes (Received): 9951
I am watching wheel of fortune right now .. talk about fixed . they move that wheel thing around to wherever they want it...lol
Poster of the Month Award Winner
2009 Co Champ World Series Contest
January 2012 Play of the Day winner
Bracket Buster Survivor 2nd Place
2012 Cappersmall Hall of Fame inductee
2014 PGA Golf Season 1st place
2014 PGA Golf Season Money List 3rd place
2014 LMS Point Spread contest runner up
2016 Golf Team contest 1st place
Old 05-10-2019, 07:21 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondbase View Post
I am watching wheel of fortune right now .. talk about fixed . they move that wheel thing around to wherever they want it...lol
You are simple minded. So simple minded that the star wars obvious clue went over your head. No wonder sports entertainment can fool your ignorant asses.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
How do you know that some of us aren't paid to be in on it as well by "them"? There's a lot members on this site and only a small handful of us, all disagreeing with you trying to make you look like a crazy insane asylum escapee, aren't being paid to thwart your efforts exposing us? Maybe this goes deeper down the rabbit hole than you think, Alice.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:39 AM

Rewards: 267,458
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 10639
Likes (Received): 9951
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilElliotLARams View Post
Princess Leia died with the release of a new star wars movie.
Chubaca died near May the 4th (be with you) but yeah, it's all just a random coincidence.
Near , key word there skywalker
Co Good guy of the Year award 2010
Poster of the Month Award Winner
2009 Co Champ World Series Contest
January 2012 Play of the Day winner
Bracket Buster Survivor 2nd Place
2012 Cappersmall Hall of Fame inductee
2014 PGA Golf Season 1st place
2014 PGA Golf Season Money List 3rd place
2014 LMS Point Spread contest runner up
2016 Golf Team contest 1st place
Old 05-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondbase View Post
Near , key word there skywalker

Yes, near..as in too close to be coincidence.
What? You're so dumb that unless it's the day of,it's not an issue? Two Star actors deaths, near two Star wars calender events.....yet you're still too inept to see a pattern? A clue?

Last edited by PhilElliotLARams; 05-11-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:30 PM

Rewards: 14,915
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 496
Likes (Received): 1367
There is one other matter to at least consider no matter what side of the fence you sit on.
Does anyone believe as I do that one reason that some highly paid player in say the NFL or NBA might be tempted to be involved in some kind of a fixing attempt is simply because of the thrill of being involved with something which will decide whether someone else wins or loses money?
You know the old saying about when one has all of the money he needs and is bored, the next thing is POWER!!
Old 05-14-2019, 11:27 AM

Rewards: 6,674
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 605
Likes (Received): 569
"You know the old saying about when one has all of the money he needs and is bored, the next thing is POWER!!"

Or Yoko.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:16 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Here is something which is a little ot and just a possibility rather than a certainty.
Anyways I believe that all of this back and forth stuff between China and Trump over the trade dispute is made up and that there is actually an agreement in place which wil be released when the timing is right.
I believe this to be a possibility because of the daily fluctuations of what Trump says.
One day he says in effect that the deal is almost done, which in turn has a HUGE positive effect on the stock market.
The a day or so later, the deal is not done and instead he threatens China with tariff increases, etc.. which leads to a HUGE decrease in stock prices.
Yesterday after the Dow tanked badly and went down 600 points, Trump refers to the dispute merely as a "squabble," which led to Dow going up a few hundred points(it actually was up 350 points before profit taking set in).
It is up today also.
The possibility I raise here is whether it is within the realm of possibility that Trump calls Xi Jimping the day before his opens his mouth to tell him what he is going to say so that China and its bigtime investors can cash in on this knowing that it will have a big effect on the market one way or the other.
Thus as I see it the possibility is at least there that there might be collusion simply between the US and China to milk this thing for what its worth before ultimately announcing an agreement and an agreed upon date to announce it which will in turn also allow these folks to financially benefit from it again.
I might very well be 100% wrong here, and that the dispute is 100% on the up and up and am simply passing this on as a POSSIBILTY only!
Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Why are you posting your personal political opinions in the NFL section?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:47 PM

Rewards: 42,931
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 13623
Likes (Received): 24939
Because he's a fucking idiot
Old 05-15-2019, 02:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Why are you posting your personal political opinions in the NFL section?
Imo within the entire context of the subject being discussed/debated which regards fixing in sports, it is relevant because the same thoughts and emotions which would lead to this are involved.
In short, the whole point is that whether it be an athlete, gambler, politician and/or a anyone who would engage in this kind of activity is a human being first, who in both cases would be the perpetrators of this kind of activity.
Making analogies and/or comparisons from different aspects of life are unused all of the time both by attorneys and also intelligent people who wish to further a point. That is in essence what I have done here.
ps Again this is not an OPINION that it is necessarily actually happening between the US and China, but rather simply to throw it out as a possibility within the spirit/context of the theme of this thread.

Last edited by savage1; 05-15-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:43 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
Because he's a fucking idiot
Except that you think you already know what you need to. That's idiotic in so many words.
If sports is staged, it's directly involved politically. Bread and circuses.
Look dude, how old are you? Lighten up.
Have a nice day

Insider trading is the same as fixing games.

Last edited by PhilElliotLARams; 05-15-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
And you're a fucking moron
Old 05-15-2019, 03:19 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
And you're a fucking moron
Lol obviously not. I have been condescending, I admit.but not as childishly insulting as you. My correct evaluation of entertainment sports has been the least moronic dialog here.
Moron means mentally handicapped. It was an actual medical term before they changed to retard. I am of course neither. Now, do you want to become a better gambler or not? You won't until you start approaching sports as though you are watching a movie or tv series.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:22 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:

Lol blatantly ignoring a blow to the head, in front of millions, is not human error. It's blatant disregard for truth and honesty. It's called lying, right in your face. Stop excusing it.
Stop kneeling to authority like a subservient child/slave.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage1 View Post
Imo within the entire context of the subject being discussed/debated which regards fixing in sports, it is relevant because the same thoughts and emotions which would lead to this are involved.
In short, the whole point is that whether it be an athlete, gambler, politician and/or a anyone who would engage in this kind of activity is a human being first, who in both cases would be the perpetrators of this kind of activity.
Making analogies and/or comparisons from different aspects of life are unused all of the time both by attorneys and also intelligent people who wish to further a point. That is in essence what I have done here.
ps Again this is not an OPINION that it is necessarily actually happening between the US and China, but rather simply to throw it out as a possibility within the spirit/context of the theme of this thread.
Listen, dude. Iím not going to read all this. Stop making excuses for yourself. Youíre supposedly a grown man. Just admit you fucked up by posting political shit here instead of taking it to the rightful section. I know you know where it is. Part of being a grown up is not making excuses for shit. Again. Please keep politics out of the sport specific sections.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:12 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Listen, dude. I’m not going to read all this. Stop making excuses for yourself. You’re supposedly a grown man. Just admit you fucked up by posting political shit here instead of taking it to the rightful section. I know you know where it is. Part of being a grown up is not making excuses for shit. Again. Please keep politics out of the sport specific sections.
You can view it in way in which you want-don't read it if you don't care to-that's your choice.
I am not admitting anything because I have confidence in want I say and in this case how it relates to the spirit of the thread.
In short, it was used only as a means of comparison and to show that deals go on in sports, point fixing and in general in life in general to get things done-that is the way our society and for that matter the entire world operates whether we like it or not.
Although I never read the book, I assume you know that Trump himself wrote a book a number of years back entitled "The Art of the Deal."

Last edited by savage1; 05-15-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:25 PM
WHINY CUNT

Rewards: 24,096
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5876
Likes (Received): 3704
is this another shirt comparison ??
Old 05-15-2019, 04:29 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Trump, Kraft etc. Are all in the same bed.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by T100 View Post
is this another shirt comparison ??
I take pride in my analogies as they are carefully thought out.
Obviously you and others have a right to question them, actually more likely bash them without stating why in their opinion they are not valid analogies.
If I was a moderator, bashing/insulting posters with the name calling would simply not be permitted.
To the contrary I would require civil and mature conversation where other posters could state EXACTLY why they disagreed with op and/or state their own point of view WITHOUT attacking someone.
Politely exchanging ideas are what threads and forums are intended to be.
Imo this forum has a long way to go in this regard.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:45 PM

Post Thanks / Like
You aren't a Mod so stop the whining

People might be a little more polite towards you if you didn't ruin / derail every single thread you enter.

Nobody is going to respect a babbling fool who responds to everything with an essay