Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

NFL Football NFL Handicapping - Post your NFL picks, talk NFL betting, NFL odds or fantasy football.

Likes Likes:  0

Old 09-06-2019, 09:19 PM
Gambler

Rewards: 17,040
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 67
Likes (Received): 356
Dolphins / Ravens

This game is making me crazy....

Everything gambling/numbers related says to take Miami. Home dog week 1 - very anti-public play - probably the most negative hype around them. Baltimore not the greatest team covering as a TD road favorite.

HOWEVER - I follow the Dolphins closely and think the market is underestimating just how bad they will be, particularly on the offensive line. They have two rookies starting at guard (one of which who was undrafted) and two scrap heap tackles. Plus, their achilles heel for years on defense has been running QBs, up the middle runs and TEs. Seems like a disaster to face the Ravens.

Any thoughts on this game? Really want to pound the Ravens but it goes against everything the "gambling books" say.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:34 AM

Rewards: 153,611
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 797
Likes (Received): 493
The world is on Baltimore and i can see why. Like you said their o-line is pathetic. That said, and as some of the points you already stated, I'm staying far away from this game, but best of luck to you buddy.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:08 PM

Rewards: 524
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 175
Likes (Received): 629
BETCHA DIDN’T KNOW

Eight teams feature new head coaches this season, including six men coaching their first ever regular season game. Last season, all six coaches in their team debuts lost (Chicago’s Matt Nagy, Detroit’s Matt Patricia, Indianapolis’ Frank Reich, New York’s Pat Shurmur, Oakland’s Jon Gruden, Tennessee’s Mike Vrabel).

Three of those teams lost as a home underdog (Giants, Colts, Raiders), as the Cardinals and Dolphins both fall in that position in Week 1.

This trend has been temporarily bucked by the Packers,
as new head coach Matt LaFleur picked up his first win in
Thursday’s 10-3 victory at Chicago.

don't take life too serious.
None of us gets out alive ..

GIDDY UP
Old 09-07-2019, 05:25 PM

Rewards: 88,759
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionsportscentral View Post
This game is making me crazy....

Everything gambling/numbers related says to take Miami. Home dog week 1 - very anti-public play - probably the most negative hype around them. Baltimore not the greatest team covering as a TD road favorite.

HOWEVER - I follow the Dolphins closely and think the market is underestimating just how bad they will be, particularly on the offensive line. They have two rookies starting at guard (one of which who was undrafted) and two scrap heap tackles. Plus, their achilles heel for years on defense has been running QBs, up the middle runs and TEs. Seems like a disaster to face the Ravens.

Any thoughts on this game? Really want to pound the Ravens but it goes against everything the "gambling books" say.
I follow the Dolphins too and I agree with what you posted, the Ravens are the biggest public play of the week, and Miami will be really bad this year. They traded their best offensive lineman in Tunsil and the guy they got back allowed the second most sacks in the league last year, they'll probably have the worst offensive line in the league, they're pretty much devoid of talent at every position. Normally this is a game where I'd be all over Miami, but it's hard to pull the trigger on them, I still might end up taking them, but it's gonna be really hard to click submit
Old 09-07-2019, 05:29 PM

Rewards: 88,759
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 585
Likes (Received): 529
The one thing Miami will have going for them is the weather, it's going to be hot as fuck Sunday, heat and humidity is something the Ravens aren't used to, maybe their conditioning this early in the season isn't what it should be and they tire out by the fourth quarter. It's pretty sad when the weather is a team's only advantage
Old 09-07-2019, 07:43 PM

Rewards: 36,468
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 6453
Likes (Received): 5081
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
The one thing Miami will have going for them is the weather, it's going to be hot as fuck Sunday, heat and humidity is something the Ravens aren't used to, maybe their conditioning this early in the season isn't what it should be and they tire out by the fourth quarter. It's pretty sad when the weather is a team's only advantage
----------------

No disrespect here Kane, but it DOES get humid in MD.
Grew up and lived in MD all my life until we moved to Vegas
one of the main reasons we moved. But it may not get as hot
as FL but it does get into the high 90s and low 100s

it may not be that big a factor - just FYI
NFL STR8s = 19-17
NFL Best Bets = 4-1-1
NFL Teasers = 4-9
NFL Parlays =
CFB STR8s = 16-15
CFB Teasers = 5-6
CFB Parlays = 1-4
NHL STR8s = 23-17