Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

NFL Football NFL Handicapping - Post your NFL picks, talk NFL betting, NFL odds or fantasy football.

Likes Likes:  11

Old 08-15-2022, 02:11 PM

Rewards: 7,609
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 576
Likes (Received): 185
I think everyone on this site could benefit if

some of us will do a write up on the college or nfl team we follow. I look at our service plays and it is rather apparent that some of those serivces do not even consider injuries and if they are to lame to do that they should not call themselves a service. They are serving themselves. I have since their inception have been a New Orleans Saint fan. I check their practices daily, I am up on their injuries and how it may effect their next game. I know that the Saints for whatever reason, just get out manned by the Baltimore Ravens. I know that the Saints under Peyton had Tampa Bay's number the past few years. So what i think would be great is give us a write up on your team a prediction on the score, including if you would like an over/under pick as well. I rarely bet against the saints but if I think the other team is the play I will. I understand those of you who may not bet against your team.I really would rather read a write up from someone here than in a newsletter or a service write up. It always surprised me that no service or newsletter to my knowledge ever acknowledgesd that the Saints in recent years owned the Bucs and that the Ravens just dominated the Saints. Last week I bet against Texas and then I found out after the game their pitcher had formely pitched for the team that the Rangers were playing. He did not pay any attention to his lifetime numbers , he did go out there and pitched probably the best game of his life.I think it would be productive for those electing to write up their team also answer a few ?s. I would only elect to do the Saints. However it would be great if 5 other Saint fans wrote up a write up as well. Some of you may have 2 teams or more and that would be fine. I would like to here some of you comment re this idea. i have used this site for decades or so it seems. We are lucky to have it at our disposal so a thank you to Wayne or any other administrators that allow us to use this site. And good luck to us all.
Old 08-15-2022, 04:57 PM

Rewards: 107,592
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2160
Likes (Received): 9443
Great idea and some very valid points Spenser.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:33 AM

Rewards: 112,041
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 32932
Likes (Received): 3804
Like it Spenser, cool idea man
Old 08-17-2022, 09:24 AM

Rewards: 647,285
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 237
Likes (Received): 3026
great idea...
I follow the eagles closely, back in early may I took them at over 8.5 wins.
It is now 9.5, and you have to lay -165 to -200 to get that.
Old 08-18-2022, 03:31 PM

Rewards: 7,609
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 576
Likes (Received): 185
If we could get enough people I truly believe that we could expect somewhere between 55-60% correct predictions . There are Saturdays when I pass on Ole Miss and their are Sundays I will Pass on the Saint game. I truly believe the more plays the vig beats one down. I would trust our guys to write up their team's game better than most of the so called handicapers.Some of these services do not do their homework and if a handicaper will not tell you why Pittsburgh -7is their game of the month in some amoiunt of detail then he has damnd sure not done his homework. Also if we could have for example 3 players all write up the same team that would provide even stronger information. Re services I was impressed with the doctor who played on injuries, we did not get him toward the end of the season but he seemed very good. For years i may not agree with all of their selections but Executive seems the best out there. Your thoughts?'

Last edited by spenser; 08-18-2022 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-18-2022, 05:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 26,574,007
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 6527
Likes (Received): 16650
I am kind of on the other side of this. You can give it a go and see but I have not seen them work ever in the last 20 years in these forums. It is a great idea but it just never seems to work

The problem I always see is people are simply too biased. Would you do anything but take it with a grain of salt if you saw leafer saying Pittsburgh would win & cover? It is hard for many to look at their favorite team and have a neutral view about them. It just is. And sometimes knowing too much is also a bad thing. I have seen guys say they know this team or that team inside out and every time they were on them they lost. Every time they were against them they won

I personally just donít see any advantage to it. Maybe back in the day but now with the internet and social media we are all pretty much getting the news on everything. Good luck though Spenser.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:11 PM

Rewards: 23,777
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2289
Likes (Received): 634
I kinda agree with Wayne....To the extent of following on their prediction of their team's games. But I want your knowledge on your team!!

No doubt, I think the raw information on day to day happenings of teams that guys in here are following can only be of value! Not the basic info any of us can get by looking at typical media, but the "little" things that actually could have a lot of meaning. Emotional state, unusual amount of lingering joy/anger from previous games, etc, can be of great value that we don't typically find from a press release....The 'inside scoop', so to speak.

So Spenser, I look forward to your reports on the Saints (and Ole Miss) very much!! You're going to know a whole lot more than I'm gonna know from watching a 2 minute clip on a pre-game show!! The more info, the better! Do I care if you are betting on them in a given week? Not really. But throw it in there anyway!!

And as for picks, a sentence or two explaining a choice that someone is making is a whole lot better than just giving out the pick. Mendoza comes to mind. Or NYKnight. Or you Wayne..... You almost always give some kind of reasoning....It's great!
Old 08-18-2022, 07:32 PM
Fight For Glory

Rewards: 75,755
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 998
Likes (Received): 2271
Usually biased info. In theory it would work but most aren’t looking at their teams through unbiased eyes
Old 08-18-2022, 07:42 PM

Rewards: 23,777
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2289
Likes (Received): 634
Biased or not....Info is good.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:33 PM

Rewards: 1,159
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 341
Likes (Received): 30
Been Saints fan since I saw Dempsey kick that 63yd FG in 1970 to beat Lions 19-17.

I'll be a the Beau Rivage Sept 3rd for opening CFb Season. Gonna purchase Michael Lombardi's book Gridiron Genius and hopefully get him to autograph it.

Tags
game, saints, service, team, write