Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

NBA Basketball NBA Handicapping - Post your NBA picks, talk NBA betting, anything NBA.

Likes Likes:  4

Old 07-10-2019, 02:22 PM

Rewards: 92,924
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 595
Likes (Received): 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I watched the entire Celtics/Cavs game and came away impressed with several players. I really like what I'm seeing from Robert Williams, I think he'll have a bigger role on the team than he had last year, the more I see of Tacko, the more impressed I am, he has better footwork than I originally thought, there's been some talk he might make the opening day roster, but I think he'd be better off playing in the G League where he could get steady minutes to develop his game, as opposed to sitting on the end of the Celtics bench and not getting much paying time. I also think Carsen Edwards will not only make the team, but get minutes as an instant offense guy off the bench, I also like what I'm seeing out of Grant Williams, he's undersized, but the kid can play, he has a high basketball IQ, easy kid to root for. [B]Yabu didn't play well again, I think his spot on the team [/B]is very much in doubt.
Like I suspected, the Celtics are expected to put Yabusele on waivers
Old 07-12-2019, 11:09 AM

Post Thanks / Like
I watched the Celtics/Memphis game last night, again I was impressed with Carsen Edwards, I have no idea how this kid wasn't taken in the first round, I know he's undersized, but the kid can play, Boston got a steal getting him in the second round, Robert Williams played great as well, the guy is a freak athlete, Tacko played well again, and I officially have a man crush on Grant Williams, he's been everything I hoped he would be and then some, on two straight possessions he hit a three pointer, but the thing I liked about it was he didn't hesitate, he got the ball and took the shots, they weren't forced shots at the end of the shot clock, he shot them with confidence, I saw him play a few games at Tennessee, but I never realized he had the range on his shot that he has, he's got a very high basketball IQ, he's one of those guys where stats don't tell the complete story on how effective he is, he's only a rookie, but he's got leadership in him, I love everything about him. I think Danny killed the draft, every guy he took has been terrific in Summer League, and his first pick, Romeo Langford hasn't even played. I've watched every Celtics game in Summer League, and I've enjoyed watching these youngsters play more than the Celtics this past season.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Hit 'em hard

Rewards: 516,981
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5079
Likes (Received): 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I watched the Celtics/Memphis game last night, again I was impressed with Carsen Edwards, I have no idea how this kid wasn't taken in the first round

I like him a lot... I was really hoping the Sixers were gonna get him..

11/10

NFL 2019
12-6 +970

NCAAF 2019
4-3-1 -90

MLB 2019
14-8 +515
Playoffs
4-1 +725

MLB 2019 Capping Contest Winner

NBA 2019/2020
11-7 +720 - Oct
6-6 -150 - Nov

Parlays
0-1 -50

NBA 2018/2019
88-75-1 +470

NBA 2017/2018
147-122-1 -310

NBA 2016/2017
129-94-6 +4515

Old 07-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 18,028,327
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5596
Likes (Received): 10937
I too have watched every celtics summer league game and I will have some thoughts on that soon but for now, all I want to say is ......

Grayson Allen is still a fuckin scumbag. Some things never change and I wish somebody would drill him right in the face. Piece of shit!
Old 07-12-2019, 06:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
I too have watched every celtics summer league game and I will have some thoughts on that soon but for now, all I want to say is ......

Grayson Allen is still a fuckin scumbag. Some things never change and I wish somebody would drill him right in the face. Piece of shit!
Agree about Allen, once a punk, always a punk, Dakich was calling for him to get kicked out even before the last cheap shot, glad Grant handled it the way he did and didn't do anything stupid
Old 07-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
I think Carsen Edwards has been fantastic. I loved it when they drafted him and he has confirmed everything I thought about him. The guy is just a winner, a leader and a flat out baller. I think going in to this season Marcus smart was going to take over the rozier role as backup pg. I am hoping, begging and praying they give Edwards those minutes now. Get kemba 32-34 a game and give Edwards the other 14-16. I wouldn’t even mind seeing him playing a few minutes a game with kemba and at SG. The guy needs to play. Great pick by Danny.

After Edwards the Williams brothers have been excellent as well. Grant is similar in height to guys like Tatum and brown but he is much thicker in build. I hope he can find 10-15 mins a game at the 3-4 spots. I prefer the 4. Robert had a huge 16 & 16 game last night. The guy looks super athletic and he can get up there. He is another guy that is taller in nature and he could play minutes at center but I like him at PF too. Between PF & C you need to find 15 mins a night for this guy. You have to.

Now my favorite guy tacko. Last night was like every other. If you watched the game you see the absolute love for this guy. When he is on the floor the cameras cannot get enough of him and the announcers can’t stop talking about him. He gets a lob and teammates are off the bench loving it. He leaves the game and fans instantly start cheering his name. Danny and brad really seem to like him too. This guy seems like a great kid and people can laugh at me, call me crazy and tell me he can’t play the nba game and I say fuck that. This kid deserves a roster spot and he deserves 10-12 mins a game. Fuck running around in the G league. I want him here practicing with the team and learning under brad and get minutes each night. If you give kanter 25 mins a night that leaves 23 mins for someone else. Considering how short Boston is on bigs, I see no reason why tacko can’t get 10-12 of those and Williams gets the rest, while also getting a few at PF. The guy could lead the league in blocks and he can move pretty well. He needs to be on this roster

All 4 should make the roster imo and if it means guys like Wanamaker or theis don’t, or get less playing time, so be it

And who knows about Langford. Jury is still out on him. I think waters and strus can play but they are victims of a number game at this point imo. All in all excited about this season!
Old 07-13-2019, 11:03 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
I think Carsen Edwards has been fantastic. I loved it when they drafted him and he has confirmed everything I thought about him. The guy is just a winner, a leader and a flat out baller. I think going in to this season Marcus smart was going to take over the rozier role as backup pg. I am hoping, begging and praying they give Edwards those minutes now. Get kemba 32-34 a game and give Edwards the other 14-16. I wouldnít even mind seeing him playing a few minutes a game with kemba and at SG. The guy needs to play. Great pick by Danny.

After Edwards the Williams brothers have been excellent as well. Grant is similar in height to guys like Tatum and brown but he is much thicker in build. I hope he can find 10-15 mins a game at the 3-4 spots. I prefer the 4. Robert had a huge 16 & 16 game last night. The guy looks super athletic and he can get up there. He is another guy that is taller in nature and he could play minutes at center but I like him at PF too. Between PF & C you need to find 15 mins a night for this guy. You have to.

Now my favorite guy tacko. Last night was like every other. If you watched the game you see the absolute love for this guy. When he is on the floor the cameras cannot get enough of him and the announcers canít stop talking about him. He gets a lob and teammates are off the bench loving it. He leaves the game and fans instantly start cheering his name. Danny and brad really seem to like him too. This guy seems like a great kid and people can laugh at me, call me crazy and tell me he canít play the nba game and I say fuck that. This kid deserves a roster spot and he deserves 10-12 mins a game. Fuck running around in the G league. I want him here practicing with the team and learning under brad and get minutes each night. If you give kanter 25 mins a night that leaves 23 mins for someone else. Considering how short Boston is on bigs, I see no reason why tacko canít get 10-12 of those and Williams gets the rest, while also getting a few at PF. The guy could lead the league in blocks and he can move pretty well. He needs to be on this roster

All 4 should make the roster imo and if it means guys like Wanamaker or theis donít, or get less playing time, so be it

And who knows about Langford. Jury is still out on him. I think waters and strus can play but they are victims of a number game at this point imo. All in all excited about this season!
We're pretty much in agreement, except I'm not for taking away Smart's minutes, he's the heartbeat of this team, no one plays harder than him and he's our best perimeter defender. I agree that a Kemba/Carsen backcourt could work in spurts, but I love everything Smart brings to the team, and last year he finally became a good three point shooter, he's a career 31% shooter from three, but last year he shot 36%, if he can shoot like that this year his value is even higher. I'm sure Brad will figure it out, depending on matchups he'll decide the best option at any given time
Old 07-13-2019, 11:06 AM

Post Thanks / Like
The Celtics have signed Carsen Edwards to a 4 year deal worth 4.5 Million, pretty good for a second round pick who wasn't even guaranteed a contract, he might be the steal of the drafthttps://chowderandchampions.com/2019/07/13/boston-celtics-carsen-edwards-torches-summer-league/
Old 07-13-2019, 11:08 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
I don't believe i said anything about taking away Smart's minutes. He can play in 2 G sets with Walker and with Edwards and still get 25 mins a game. I don't want him running point if it means Edwards never sees the court. That is what i said.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:21 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
This team can easily go 10 deep imo. You got the Core 4 + 2 and their minutes
Kemba 34
Brown 32
Tatum 32
Hayward 32

Add for
Smart 25
Kanter 25

That leaves 60 minutes for
Edwards 16
R Williams 16
G Williams 16
Fall 12

Obviously that is a lot of rookies getting time and brad can adjust minutes based on situations and who is playing well, but it could work.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
I think Kemba played about 34-35 MPG last year. You are not going to want to push him beyond that. You have depth and shouldn't need to. If you want to add 2-3 mins to the other 5, that could easily be done by shaving them off the bottom 4. It is a long season and injuries will happen. A rotation like this leaves you with the ability and depth to handle it, assuming it is not a season ending one to a guy like Kemba. That would be rough.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Enes Kanter will wear jersey #11, glad another player will be wearing that number
Old 07-24-2019, 04:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Boston Celtics notes from Summer League Kemba Walker Tacko Fall Carsen Edwards Grant Williams - CelticsBlog
Old 10-27-2019, 10:40 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Well, 2 things. Tacko did make the Celtics roster and 2, they were going crazy for him in NY last night

Celtics' Tacko Fall makes debut as Knicks fans cheer him on

Tags
drop, games, info, interesting, league