Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

Pro Line & Lotteries Post picks or talk it up anything related to ProLine, Sports Lotteries or Canada

Old 11-03-2019, 02:12 PM

Rewards: 1,952
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 54
Likes (Received): 425
Ontario/Canada - Promos/Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Spend $50 on OLG Gift Card, receive 10,000 Optimum points (Nov 2nd - 8th) - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

At Shoppers Drug Mart starting Saturday November 2nd, spend $50 on OLG Gift Card and receive 10,000 points worth $10.

****** points to be awarded by November 22nd*****

I've tried to research this further, and there's nothing on the flyer that states it's a one time $50 purchase, so I believe this applies to every $50 gift card purchase. The same is said by multiple users on the Red Flag Deals forum seen above.

I went ahead and bought a bunch of these at Shoppers, but quantities are limited store to store so it will be a bit of a mission. There's a $25 gift card and there's one that is $20 - $100 preloaded, so I bought $50 at a time on each purchase and kept all the receipts just in case there are issues. Don't believe these will work on 2x $25 gift cards.

Further, these gift cards don't need to be used at Shoppers. You can use the gift cards at any OLG terminal and still collect Petro/Esso points. I would advise going ahead to where you play your tickets so they understand how to redeem, as some stores have never used them, but every OLG terminal accepts them as a $50 redemption.

Enjoy to anyone who would like to take advantage of this great deal!

And yes, I've tested them and they work both on Props & Point Spread.

Last edited by sbori83; 12-14-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:02 PM

Rewards: 56,496
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 8161
Likes (Received): 13048
Thanks for this amazing info - great value in earning $10 worth of PC points for every $50 spent.

I gave this a whirl yesterday - it was an adventure mind you, but definitely worth it. Around noon I went to a Shoppers Drug Mart to purchase my first $50 gift card. The clerk had no idea how to activate the card and could not get the card it to work. A second clerk came and tried with a different card. She got it to the activate stage but she would not accept my PC Optimum Card - saying they are not for gift cards. About 3 hours later I tried to use the card at Zehrs kiosk - it did not work and the clerk handed me a print out to call the OLG. I called the OLG - home of the clueless. I was told to go back to the store where I bought it, have them manually activate the card and if a problem - have the clerk call the OLG. I later read it can take 24 hours to activate the card. In the evening I went to the OLG site where you can enter the card number and pin. By this time it was activated and useable (I used it this morning). The OLG clerk was wrong - it did not have to go back to the Shoppers where I bought it.
I called PC Optimum who were great to deal with. I told him about the redflags deal and within a few seconds he added the 10,000 points to my account. A success!

So today I attended a second Shoppers and grabbed another card. The clerk would not accept my PC Optimum card but I asked her to humour me and just scan it. She did so. If the points aren't in my account by the morning I will contact PC Optimum again - that is not problem at all. I just checked online and the second card is activated and good to go.

And a final twist - this afternoon I stopped at a Petro Canada to play an NBA prop card. They would not accept the gift card - they said they don't. I told them this is contrary to what the OLG website says - it says any lottery retailer accepts it. No big deal - will just use it elsewhere.

It's a great deal - but anything involving the OLG does not go smooth. That said, I will buy more before the deal is off.

Cheers
Old 11-05-2019, 08:29 PM
pun intended

Rewards: 169,532
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 79634
Likes (Received): 35838
I tried two stores in Scarborough Monday and they were sold out, they said
always shitty customer service at shopper's drug mart for past 12 years
Old 11-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Cappers Mall Team

Rewards: 16,716
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 8413
Likes (Received): 4481
I went to three Shoppers in London and finally found one the had the cards. No issue at all. Then as ABB stated, I called PC an they added the points. The ad states that you will have the points credited by Nov. 22nd.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Post Thanks / Like
I didn't think there was interest in this as no one responded, but I'm happy to share my experience to answer any questions or doubts.

On Monday, there was a technical outage for the OLG Gift Cards. I called OLG when I got an error on the OLG terminal, and the rep indicated that there's an issue with the terminals and that 90% of terminals will not work. This has since been fixed since I used them yesterday night.

Shoppers Drug Mart is very unorganized with some of their deals. A lot of their employees are unaware of them and will give you incorrect information if you're misinformed on the deal. However, all you need to do is provide a flyer if they doubt it and I'm attaching it and the fine print for your convenience:

When you scan the points upon purchase, you will NOT receive the points nor will it show any points being rewarded. This is because the points get awarded on November 22nd 2019 upon purchase. However, if you're purchasing a lot, I've been saving every single receipt for the purchase and leaving them aside in case I do not get them on the 22nd.

Further, these gift cards are rather new, which is why they are probably being promoted by Shoppers/OLG in this deal. A lot of employees are not trained to use it, but an OLG rep confirmed they can and must be used on all terminals, and anyone who refuses them can get fined. Further, in the last two days I've been seeing new documentation on top of the OLG terminal on a cardboard cutout that tells employees how to use them with large photograph illustrations.

OLG has nothing to do with the deal, this is purely a Shoppers promotion, so there's no point contacting them in regards to points. There's no point even contacting Shoppers for the points as they are awarded later, however I'm glad to see people are getting points when they call in. Further, every Petro/Esso I've use them collected them no problem and also allowed me to collect Petro/Esso points.

Another tip is that the gift cards can be found in two locations in the store: one behind one of the cash register where all the gift cards are on the wall, and there's also a rotating shelf that carries all the same gift cards as well in 1-2 aisles. I've been able to find the gift cards on both. There's no point in asking the employees where they are as they will tell you they don't have them/never seen them, so look for yourself in these two spots and it will answer the question yourself.

Seems like a bit of a mission, but getting back 20% back in cash at Shoppers is crazy. If you're spending $1000 on a week/weekend/few games, this gives you $200 back. A lot of Shoppers Drug Mart varies, but some locations carry PS4s, Nintendo Switch, DSLR Camera's, Laptops, Tablets, etc, as well as groceries, pharmacy, and other basic needs, so they vary but there's something everyone would need.

Sucks it has to come on a rough stretch on the season, but if you know you're using them anyways, it's the smart choice.

Last edited by b1llups; 11-06-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:49 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Delete

Last edited by b1llups; 11-06-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
*Mods, please delete all subsequent posts by me*

I didn't think there was interest in this as no one responded, but I'm happy to share my experience to answer any questions or doubts.

On Monday, there was a technical outage for the OLG Gift Cards. I called OLG when I got an error on the OLG terminal, and the rep indicated that there's an issue with the terminals and that 90% of terminals will not work. This has since been fixed since I used them yesterday night.

Shoppers Drug Mart is very unorganized with some of their deals. A lot of their employees are unaware of them and will give you incorrect information if you're misinformed on the deal. However, all you need to do is provide a flyer if they doubt it and I'm attaching it and the fine print for your convenience:

When you scan the points upon purchase, you will NOT receive the points nor will it show any points being rewarded. This is because the points get awarded on November 22nd 2019 upon purchase. However, if you're purchasing a lot, I've been saving every single receipt for the purchase and leaving them aside in case I do not get them on the 22nd.

Further, these gift cards are rather new, which is why they are probably being promoted by Shoppers/OLG in this deal. A lot of employees are not trained to use it, but an OLG rep confirmed they can and must be used on all terminals, and anyone who refuses them can get fined. Further, in the last two days I've been seeing new documentation on top of the OLG terminal on a cardboard cutout that tells employees how to use them with large photograph illustrations.

OLG has nothing to do with the deal, this is purely a Shoppers promotion, so there's no point contacting them in regards to points. There's no point even contacting Shoppers for the points as they are awarded later, however I'm glad to see people are getting points when they call in. Further, every Petro/Esso I've use them collected them no problem and also allowed me to collect Petro/Esso points.

Another tip is that the gift cards can be found in two locations in the store: one behind one of the cash register where all the gift cards are on the wall, and there's also a rotating shelf that carries all the same gift cards as well in 1-2 aisles. I've been able to find the gift cards on both. There's no point in asking the employees where they are as they will tell you they don't have them/never seen them, so look for yourself in these two spots and it will answer the question yourself.

Seems like a bit of a mission, but getting back 20% back in cash at Shoppers is crazy. If you're spending $1000 on a week/weekend/few games, this gives you $200 back. A lot of Shoppers Drug Mart varies, but some locations carry PS4s, Nintendo Switch, DSLR Camera's, Laptops, Tablets, etc, as well as groceries, pharmacy, and other basic needs, so they vary but there's something everyone would need.

Sucks it has to come on a rough stretch on the season, but if you know you're using them anyways, it's the smart choice.

Last edited by b1llups; 11-06-2019 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Did you have the Shoppers clerk scan your PC Optimum card, or not bother since the rewards points will appear by the 22nd? They don't want to do the scanning on a gift card.
I wanted my card scanned to document things - perhaps unnecessarily.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:11 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allbutbroke View Post
Did you have the Shoppers clerk scan your PC Optimum card, or not bother since the rewards points will appear by the 22nd? They don't want to do the scanning on a gift card.
I wanted my card scanned to document things - perhaps unnecessarily.
They must scan the card for every purchase, otherwise Shoppers won't have an Optimum account to credit the points on November 22nd. All my receipts show my Optimum card on them.

If you can get a copy of the flyer I attached with just that page and have it in your car just in case, it helps explain a lot to them.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I went to the Reebee app where you can produce all flyers on the phone and did a screen shot.
Also, I will be acquiring more cards over the next few days - very sweet deal and I would not have known about it without your post. Much appreciated.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:35 PM
Scammer from the Hammer

Rewards: 134
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 334
Likes (Received): 956
Are there any limits? Cuz I had a Shoppers manager tell me an hr ago that it’s a one time thing, and I would only get the 10k optimum points for the first card. Unless I had multiple optimum cards. If same card, it will only credit once.

Shoppers manager and teller where very friendly about it. They had stacks of the olg cards, saying nobody buys them. I mentioned nowhere does it state maximums per person or per visit, they agreed. They said it’s possible I’ll get the points, but warned me i mite not, and hey non-refundable. I said ill take em anyways, which blew their panties off when i laid the stack on the counter lols.

Can anyone verify you get the full optimum points for multiple olg gift card purchases using same points card (ie. 50k points for 5 cards)?

Last edited by P-Line Pinner; 11-06-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:36 PM
Scammer from the Hammer

Post Thanks / Like
I also kept all receipts and activation papers. And did each card as a separate purchase, if that matters...
Old 11-06-2019, 06:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
The first card I purchased was on November 4th - I phoned PC that day and the 10,000 points were in my account that day. The second card I purchased was yesterday, using the same points card. I emailed PC and got a response saying the 10,000 points from that purchase would be in my account by November 22nd - so I can confirm two purchases on the same card are being rewarded. I have 5 cards so far and plan to get a few more. Hopefully they are all rewarded.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Scammer from the Hammer

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks ABB.

I was scrolling through the RFD link above, and it seems multiple cards will get all points.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:03 PM

Rewards: 2,432
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 100
Likes (Received): 127
The cards are hard to find in gta, most stores have been swept clean by now.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
The cards are hard to find in gta, most stores have been swept clean by now.
Remember, they're in two spots. One on the rotating shelving units that are found near the cards at the entrance of the aisle, and one spot behind one of the cashiers. Every store has had them in Thornhill/Woodbridge area that I've checked except for 1/6.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:09 PM

Rewards: 27,860
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 10132
Likes (Received): 10177
Do we need to do separate transactions for these cards? For example, if buying 5 cards do 5 different transactions while scanning our optimum card?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2019, 03:28 PM

Rewards: 148
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 15
Also, if you'd like to accumulate reward points faster, always load funds you intend to spend onto a Shoppers reloadable store card first. That way you get rewarded twice, once for loading and again for spending. It's also a great way to collect points for lotto which is not allowed when purchasing olg products directly.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by looter View Post
Do we need to do separate transactions for these cards? For example, if buying 5 cards do 5 different transactions while scanning our optimum card?

Thanks
Most likely the transactions will go through for every $50 dollar gift card on a receipt, however due to lack of details I've been purchasing each card separately on their own transaction with their own receipt to be safe.

That means you'll purchase each card and scan your optimum for each of the 5 cards you purchase separately.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG MAN MIKE View Post
Also, if you'd like to accumulate reward points faster, always load funds you intend to spend onto a Shoppers reloadable store card first. That way you get rewarded twice, once for loading and again for spending. It's also a great way to collect points for lotto which is not allowed when purchasing olg products directly.
That's interesting didn't know you can do that, but I know they exclude points on lottery and gift cards for a lot of their promotions, so there's a chance this may not apply. That's why a lot of their reps are very confused when I show them this specific promotion.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Rewards: 148
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 15
Correct on the exclusion of gift cards, but their reloadable store card I'm guessing does not count as a gift card. I've been doing this for couple of years now after a store clerk gave me this info.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG MAN MIKE View Post
Correct on the exclusion of gift cards, but their reloadable store card I'm guessing does not count as a gift card. I've been doing this for couple of years now after a store clerk gave me this info.
How much do you get for loading/spending alone without the deal?
Old 11-07-2019, 08:16 PM

Rewards: 50,989
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4579
Likes (Received): 15119
Great find and thread! Just a quick note that the folks working behind the counter, be it Petro or mom-and-pop shop, may not be familiar with these gift cards so it helps to tell them they need to scan the card and enter the 4-digit code at the back of the cards to validate.

I was holding up the line quite a bit earlier today because it was the first time doing this for the gentleman working at the Petro station I normally frequent. He didn't have his reading glass with him and the 4-digit code could not be any more tiny so I scratched and read the number to him. He had to repeat a number of times, for whatever reasons, and when you multiply that by the number of cards, it can take a while to process.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1llups View Post
I would advise going ahead to where you play your tickets so they understand how to redeem, as some stores have never used them
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLSurvivor View Post
I was holding up the line quite a bit earlier today because it was the first time doing this for the gentleman working at the Petro station I normally frequent.
I warned ya'll lol but once they've used it once it's pretty fast and they're aware. These are new cards that no one has really seen, so we're essentially training the employees on how to use them.

You're lucky that you have a Petro that plays for over 100. I used to have a few, but once those guys leave their job it's hard to find another who allows it. Those points paid for my vacation to Mexico last year lol

Friday November 8th is final day the deal is valid, so rack 'em up for Saturday/Sunday/Monday use.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Scammer from the Hammer

Post Thanks / Like
I had gas station employees telling me i cannot acrew their points when paying with OLG gift card, cuz gift card pays thru the OLG machine, not THEIR cash register.
Should we be getting petro/husky/shell points too?

Tags
$50, card, gift, olg, points