Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

Pro Line & Lotteries Post picks or talk it up anything related to ProLine, Sports Lotteries or Canada

Old 11-08-2019, 09:38 AM

Rewards: 1,946
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 54
Likes (Received): 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Line Pinner View Post
I had gas station employees telling me i cannot acrew their points when paying with OLG gift card, cuz gift card pays thru the OLG machine, not THEIR cash register.
Should we be getting petro/husky/shell points too?
I haven't tried Husky/Shell, but I do get Petro and Esso Points still with the card. You're still making a transaction and it's getting paid, doesn't matter how.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:08 PM
Scammer from the Hammer

Rewards: 132
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 334
Likes (Received): 956
Guy said it does matter. Bc no monies go to them. Gc goes straight to olg. Your essentially bypassing them and doing a direct transaction w OLG.

I will go to a petro then.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Guy said it does matter. Bc no monies go to them. Gc goes straight to olg. Your essentially bypassing them and doing a direct transaction w OLG.

I will go to a petro then.
The guy is talking completely out of his ass. If you scan the card, you will get the points. These are new cards and act almost as cash. They still make their commission on it. If this was true, you wouldn't get the points when you scan your card.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:03 PM
Scammer from the Hammer

Post Thanks / Like
I agree.

Stopped there today and same guy there. Mentioned it to him again (altho i wasnt playing tix). He said points are generated based on the cash register amount spent. Ie: u spend $30 on props. He runs ur tix. He rings it thru the cash register, then the appropriate points will be available to be claimed by scanning your points card. Then u pay him with cash or debit/credit card.

But with olg gc: u play $30 in tix, he doesnt use his cash register for payment so no points are appropriately generated. You pay thru the olg machine via gift card. He cant jus generate the points without a transaction on the register.

Anyways hope this all makes sense, and tbh idc that much, but will try a petro

Last edited by P-Line Pinner; 11-08-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Scammer from the Hammer

Post Thanks / Like
Overall still a great deal even without the extra gas station points
Old 11-08-2019, 04:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
I agree.
You pay thru the olg machine via gift card. He cant jus generate the points without a transaction on the register.
The transaction still has to go through their system and be accounted for as they still need to be paid their commission, it's not an external transaction.

Not our job to explain to them this, you're a paying customer scan your points and they can figure out the rest lol
Old 11-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Hi

Rewards: 49,032
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 20005
Likes (Received): 12526
I’m going to change this thread to Ontario/Canada wide deals where you can post of any deals where you can get points for buying lotto. Wanted to start something like this a while ago but now would be a good time. There are times where you get 10x air miles for in-store purchases at shell (though I haven’t seen it in a while) and extra points for buying lotto at Petro , etc. I think the spreading of these deals will help others getting more points or even general deals where certain members aren’t aware of from flyers or online ads etc. Hope it becomes good use to others..

Edit:

Feel free to come up with a different header. A little tipsy in the early afternoon lol

Last edited by sbori83; 11-09-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Great idea. As this is a Pro-Line forum and Pro-Line is limited to Ontario/OLG, I would name it OLG - Cashback, Rewards, Redemptions & Deals
Old 11-10-2019, 06:45 PM
WHINY CUNT

Rewards: 11,462
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 6345
Likes (Received): 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1llups View Post
Great idea. As this is a Pro-Line forum and Pro-Line is limited to Ontario/OLG, I would name it OLG - Cashback, Rewards, Redemptions & Deals
lololol, dude ! cmon.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:56 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by T100 View Post
lololol, dude ! cmon.
??
Old 11-10-2019, 11:00 PM
WHINY CUNT

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
??

proline is not limited to ontario my fren
Old 11-10-2019, 11:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by T100 View Post
proline is not limited to ontario my fren
It's my understanding that Pro-Line is run by the OLG, which is the Ontario Lottery & Gaming Commission, which is of course for Ontario. I know that each province has their own sports betting (Alberta & Manitoba has Sports Select).

So unless I'm missing something, I'm assuming the brand Pro-Line is limited to Ontario, which is what this Sub-Category forum is devoted to.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:17 PM
WHINY CUNT

Post Thanks / Like
we have pro-line outside of ontario, bc also has their own pro-line as well as quebec too AND the atlantic provinces.
rewards through gas stations are also available across canada.
the sub category you reference is devoted to canadian sports and lotto, not just ontario. there was at one time quite a few from across the west post here, and Im positive they still pop in and browse as well.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:52 PM

Rewards: 17,501
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2090
Likes (Received): 1972
I moved to Quebec but still go to Ontario very 2 weeks . Mise o Jue has a lot more to offer than proline and when lines move they update lol

I can bet on AHL , Danish premier league and E sports and all soccer hockey football matches have props .. there's 348 different NFL based bets I can do right now

Mise-o-jeu - Sports betting - Loto-Quebec
Old 11-19-2019, 04:13 PM

Rewards: 50,965
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 4573
Likes (Received): 15091
Has anyone had any luck lately redeeming Petro-Points for pre-paid MasterCard/Visa credit cards? I used to be able to do that before but can no longer do so. Here is what I have done

1. I went to my regular Petro-Canada station to redeem in person but was told there is a new policy and I have to do it on-line.

2. I logged into my Petro-Canada on-line account but it was slow as molasses and did not see any option to redeem for pre-paid Mastercard/Visa, only for regular retailers like Best Buy, the Bay, Roots etc

3. I called Petro-Canada customer service centre and they could not do it over the phone either.

I understand Petro might have tightened the policies because there were reported fraud but this is pretty frustrating. I will try a different Petro later on today.

P.S: I am aware there is a fee associated with activating these pre-paid credit cards and redeeming Petro points this way may not give me the best bang for the bucks but we will save that discussion for another time
Old 11-19-2019, 05:04 PM
Hi

Rewards: 49,032
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 20005
Likes (Received): 12526
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLSurvivor View Post
Has anyone had any luck lately redeeming Petro-Points for pre-paid MasterCard/Visa credit cards? I used to be able to do that before but can no longer do so. Here is what I have done

1. I went to my regular Petro-Canada station to redeem in person but was told there is a new policy and I have to do it on-line.

2. I logged into my Petro-Canada on-line account but it was slow as molasses and did not see any option to redeem for pre-paid Mastercard/Visa, only for regular retailers like Best Buy, the Bay, Roots etc

3. I called Petro-Canada customer service centre and they could not do it over the phone either.

I understand Petro might have tightened the policies because there were reported fraud but this is pretty frustrating. I will try a different Petro later on today.

P.S: I am aware there is a fee associated with activating these pre-paid credit cards and redeeming Petro points this way may not give me the best bang for the bucks but we will save that discussion for another time
I just got an email today stating that we can no longer redeem petro points for gift cards in-store. Here’s what it states..

“we wanted to let you know that you can no longer redeem your points for gift cards in‑store. Instead, we’ve moved our gift card rewards online and added 11 new eGift cards from your favourite brands. Now it’s even easier to get what you want — from coffee to electronics* and everything in‑between. All starting at 10,000 points. ”

Edit: I’m assuming visa/mc are no longer available for us to redeem for

Last edited by sbori83; 11-19-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for update, boris. That sucks but it is what it is. I used to be able to redeem points for those pre-paid credit cards with just the Petro app on my phone then they want to see the actual physical Petro card and now it is done.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Has anyone had any luck lately redeeming Petro-Points for pre-paid MasterCard/Visa credit cards?
I remember several years ago my brother would get Petro Points from purchasing prepaid Visa/Mastercards at Petro. Don't believe that's been the case for a while.

Is there a reason you're using pre-paid credit cards for betting at Petro? Since this past Shoppers Drug Mart deal, I've been trying to find a way to get more value out of cashback outside of collecting Petro Points or getting points on a credit card. I referred to a long standing Red Flag Deal thread regarding gift cards and credit cards, but nothing that would allow me to get any points for getting credit cards/gift cards.

If you have a way to utilize this to get something back, I would really like to know more.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
I remember several years ago my brother would get Petro Points from purchasing prepaid Visa/Mastercards at Petro. Don't believe that's been the case for a while.

Is there a reason you're using pre-paid credit cards for betting at Petro? Since this past Shoppers Drug Mart deal, I've been trying to find a way to get more value out of cashback outside of collecting Petro Points or getting points on a credit card. I referred to a long standing Red Flag Deal thread regarding gift cards and credit cards, but nothing that would allow me to get any points for getting credit cards/gift cards.

If you have a way to utilize this to get something back, I would really like to know more.
I did not use pre-paid credit cards for betting, b1llups. It was for shopping and to use as gift cards for special occasions.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:12 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
I did not use pre-paid credit cards for betting, b1llups. It was for shopping and to use as gift cards for special occasions.
Ah my bad I thought I misinterpreted it. I am looking into finding a store that will give cashback for credit cards/gift cards that can link back to be used for all Pro-Line bets and will update when I figure something out.

In the meantime, not sure if anyone is aware, but there is a way to increase Petro-Points up to 60% in points earned:

1. 20% back for linking a Hudson Bay card - It's a free customer card that can be created online and linked right away with no purchases necessary. Simply sign up here Hudson's Bay Rewards create a card and log into your Petro account and link the card. Did this over a year ago and it has never expired or stopped earning me 20% points. Once account is created, can be linked through here Petro-Points Program - Petro-Points Rewards | Petro-Canada

2. 20% back for linking RBC banking. Can be done through linking your RBC account here Petro-Points Program - Petro-Points Rewards | Petro-Canada I believe you need to use your RBC linked debit/credit card to gain these points, but I will be testing out a family member account to see if this true.

3. 20% for linking a CAA card. With a valid membership, entering your CAA card number into your Petro Points account will also give an additional 20%. I haven't had CAA in years, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work as long as you enter a valid membership ID. If anyone has experience in trying that, please let me know, but if I do try I will confirm if it works. More info here Petro-Points Program - Petro-Points Rewards | Petro-Canada

Without promotions, you get 1000 points back per $100, which is essentially $1 back or 1% rebate. If you maximize these, you get 1.6% back, and 3.2% when they offer promotions for double the points on OLG, which was for the first 6 weeks of the NFL season.

Realistically, it will most likely be 1.4% if you have a cash flow and don't use your debit card so much if you happen to be with RBC, but it's still better than nothing.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:22 AM

Rewards: 25,574
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 918
Likes (Received): 875
Quote:
Thanks for update, boris. That sucks but it is what it is. I used to be able to redeem points for those pre-paid credit cards with just the Petro app on my phone then they want to see the actual physical Petro card and now it is done.
Hey NFLS. I just use my Petro points to pay for my lotto. You can redeem points and pay for purchase. Not sure if itís a better deal if you use the points to pay for a prepaid credit card or not.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:17 AM
Scammer from the Hammer

Post Thanks / Like
Anyone get their optimum points for OLG gift cards today? I have not received any points yet, not even the first 10k.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:45 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Anyone get their optimum points for OLG gift cards today? I have not received any points yet, not even the first 10k.
I've checked a few times nothing yet. I will wait until 12-2 PM until calling them.

There are people on the RDF forum also saying the same thing and there are people updating it this morning, staying tuned in: [Shoppers Drug Mart] Spend $50 on OLG Gift Card, receive 10,000 Optimum points (Nov 2nd - 8th) - Page 12 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Last edited by b1llups; 11-22-2019 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I called in earlier and was told that they can see all my transactions from that period and what is owed. The rep only has power to give me 50k points (250 dollars of purchasing cards) but I have more than that and someone needs to manually give them. No time frame could be guaranteed, but made it adamantly clear I need it before Black Friday next week as this is the best time to utilize value in using points for a purchase.

Iím relieved to know that I was reassured that all my purchases are eligible, but itís disappointing that Shoppers didnít automatically gives us the points on the promised date. Apparently their always unorganized in these big points promotions.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
I can confirm I just got my points.

I called 1-866-727-6468 and pulled up my case from yesterday and asked to speak to a supervisor straight. After 10 minutes, we discussed and he indicated at first that the deal is meant for a 1 time purchase only. I cut him off indicating a class action lawsuit would be coming his way on behalf of all the people awaiting their points, he continued to mention that he would honor the points. He mentioned he spoke to members of the marketing team and that this promotion was intended for 1 time purchase.

After a 10 minute hold, he gave me all the points and they're now in my account. I'm probably the first person who actually got their points, so if you're looking for an expedited process to get them, follow what I did and you should be alright.

I think they screwed up and forgot to put the 1 purchase limit in text, and they're realizing now that they need to honor them.

Tags
$50, card, gift, olg, points