Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

Pro Line & Lotteries Post picks or talk it up anything related to ProLine, Sports Lotteries or Canada

Old 07-28-2019, 11:02 AM

Rewards: 13,082
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 19981
Likes (Received): 18689
Got the big, huge job done. Replaced the Toilet!! All by myself! Gosh, everyone told me to call a handyman but I did it. Now my Girls look at me like a hero. The feeling I plush for the 1st time with the new thang, priceless. Life is good with new, shiny Toilet.
My Daughter's thought on Football; Half players are fat, half are slim. Slim players only pass to slim players. I can say they are selfish & it's no fair! I feel bad for big boys, all they do is fell down awkwardly & never get the ball. Poor things...

2018 NFL Props: +$2165.20 after Week 9 Sunday
52 cards played, cashed in 23 cards with 56 winning tickets.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:37 PM

Rewards: 31,027
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2765
Likes (Received): 3329
Finally cancelled cable tv in favor of apps and ota.

A few days later channels 4-1 (CBS) and 23-1 (CW) change their transmission location from Grand Island to Colden NY. Where? No reception from lower Stoney Creek.

I need CBS for Sunday afternoon football!!

Looks like I'm going back to Dazn. I had it last season but was not very impressed. The picture quality was good to poor with frequent pixelation depending on the game you want to watch. Nothing compares to the picture quality of an hd antenna with a strong signal.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:38 PM

Rewards: 4,232
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 142
Likes (Received): 557
that sucks....
Old 08-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
Looks like I'm going back to Dazn.
Done.

We decided that NFL Gameday, NFL Network, NFL Redzone, and Premier League soccer for $12.50 a month is just no brainer.

Go Bills!
Old 08-03-2019, 11:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Done.

We decided that NFL Gameday, NFL Network, NFL Redzone, and Premier League soccer for $12.50 a month is just no brainer.

Go Bills!
Correction... NFL Game Pass not Gameday.

Gameday is an NFL Network program.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Looks like I'm going back to Dazn. I had it last season but was not very impressed. The picture quality was good to poor with frequent pixelation depending on the game you want to watch. Nothing compares to the picture quality of an hd antenna with a strong signal.
Just watched a condensed replay of the HOF game and the picture quality still sucks. It's fine when nobody is moving but unfortunately the players keep running around out there. The pixellation and stuttering movement is unbearable and honestly makes me feel ill.

Is this as good as it gets for streaming sports? Will a higher internet speed help? We currently have cable internet at 40 Mbps.

Last edited by TyWebb; 08-03-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-03-2019, 02:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Watching the full HOF game now on NFL Network and it is absolutely flowing seamlessly.
Hit or miss on this app?

I spoke to Cogeco and they say higher internet speed will definitely improve my streaming experience. Of course they are going to say that but I'll try the 1G for an extra $20 and see how that works. They need to hook me up with a new modem so it'll have to be the week after next.

I'll report back here with an update.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:50 PM

Rewards: 169
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 16
I finally got DAZN a couple months ago so I could watch the champions league semis and finals and, honestly, I found it near perfect. Only issue for me is that my tv is too old to stream it to so I can only watch it on my phone. Cancelled it after my free trial month ended but definitely gonna sign back up this month for the start of soccer season and NFL. We do have high-speed internet in my area but like I say I found it nearly flawless.

Now I just got to figure out what to do with my Rogers package. I hate paying for all these Sportsnet and TSN channels when they offer less and less content every day. Seems like some days all they have on is Blue Jays in 30 and top 50 plays of the month across all their channels.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Hey Rask. Agree 100% that Dazn is fantastic for soccer and they have added EPL this year!

I watched the Inter and Leeds games earlier today and both broadcasts were great but not perfect and my experience last year was the same. The ball leaves a short trail on my 55" samsung on every goal kick but that's pretty minor considering the price and content.

NFL Game Pass on Dazn on the other hand has been nothing short of a disaster over the last 2 years. I've been doing some reading and there are many threads in various forums on the subject. I don't think anyone knows for sure but the consensus seems to be that Dazn is broadcasting many games at a very low frame rate (25 or 30 fps) depending on the anticipated viewing audience.

If you're an Arizona Cardinals fan living in Canada then Dazn is probably not for you.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:29 PM
Missed it by *that* much.

Rewards: 54,719
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 6204
Likes (Received): 4404
Working on a 13-hour work day (2 jobs) getting things done before vacation.
Oddly, I'm not hating the work, but rather feeling good about getting things done.
I've a case of tall boys ready to celebrate the next few days. Almost ready to forget about work for a while. About another hour or so to go... !!!
Old 08-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Comfortably Numb

Rewards: 3,638
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 766
Likes (Received): 811
Footy season is here! I should be happy but pretty pissed that DAZN has scooped the rights for EPL for the next 3 years. From what I understand it is live sports streaming platform. I will have to watch it on a smart TV. I have 3 TV's..one on every floor of the house and are on 24/7...lol. Only one of them is a smart TV. The price is $20 bucks a month or $150 for the year. Looking for feedback on this if anyone has subscribed, or looking for any alternatives..I currently have Cogeco as my cable provider. Cheers!
Old 08-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Comfortably Numb

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
Footy season is here! I should be happy but pretty pissed that DAZN has scooped the rights for EPL for the next 3 years. From what I understand it is live sports streaming platform. I will have to watch it on a smart TV. I have 3 TV's..one on every floor of the house and are on 24/7...lol. Only one of them is a smart TV. The price is $20 bucks a month or $150 for the year. Looking for feedback on this if anyone has subscribed, or looking for any alternatives..I currently have Cogeco as my cable provider. Cheers!
I guess I shoulda looked up in the thread. All my questions are answered there. Pardon my ignorance.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Waterman, I just cancelled cable tv so the EPL moving to Dazn was an unexpected bonus.

I have Dazn on the smart tv in the living room, Roku in the family room, and Apple tv in the war room.

I know I trashed Game Pass on Dazn in a post above but I'm happy to report that every preseason game so far has been broadcast in 1080p 60hz! 60hz is definitely suitable for streaming sports and yes I checked every game. Even the Chargers/Cardinals.

Thank you sweet infant baby Jesus in swaddling clothes lying in a manger... and Dazn.

It's not perfect mind you. The stuttering motion is still noticeable on every kickoff and punt. Yes, it's only preseason but it just wouldn't make any sense for them to go back to 30hz come September. Right? The wife thinks I'm crazy but for me watching sports streamed at 30hz was about as enjoyable as staring directly into a strobe light.

I'm very happy now.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:41 PM
Comfortably Numb

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Waterman, I just cancelled cable tv so the EPL moving to Dazn was an unexpected bonus.

I have Dazn on the smart tv in the living room, Roku in the family room, and Apple tv in the war room.

I know I trashed Game Pass on Dazn in a post above but I'm happy to report that every preseason game so far has been broadcast in 1080p 60hz! 60hz is definitely suitable for streaming sports and yes I checked every game. Even the Chargers/Cardinals.

Thank you sweet infant baby Jesus in swaddling clothes lying in a manger... and Dazn.

It's not perfect mind you. The stuttering motion is still noticeable on every kickoff and punt. Yes, it's only preseason but it just wouldn't make any sense for them to go back to 30hz come September. Right? The wife thinks I'm crazy but for me watching sports streamed at 30hz was about as enjoyable as staring directly into a strobe light.

I'm very happy now.
thanks Ty,

I still have my existing cable so NFL is no problem. Wanted it mostly for Footy, but I appreciate any input. Thanks again for responding.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:45 AM

Rewards: 8,452
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 626
Likes (Received): 1008
WalterFootball.com: NFL Betting Trends - Preseason Records
Old 08-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Rewards: 169
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
Definitely think DAZN is worth it as well. Like I said earlier for footy I have found it near perfect. And on top of epl games they offer BEIN Sports for La Liga and Serie A matches plus the champions leagues games and MLS too. Meant to mention this earlier but only other piece of advice I'd offer, and this comes from friends who have had DAZN for awhile now, is take the free month trial and if you like it and find no issues (and obviously if you can afford to fork out the $150 all at once) just sign up for the year subscription at once. I have a couple of buddies who just did the month to month subscriptions and they all tell me they wished they would have just signed up for the year right away. E
Old 08-10-2019, 09:39 AM
Leafs Nation Proud

Rewards: 19,885
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 10173
Likes (Received): 13201
Just tried Reddit ( used to be able to get EPL games ) but no more under a 6 month ban it says for copyright infringement .

FFS

have a nice day
Old 08-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Comfortably Numb

Post Thanks / Like
I caved and subscribed to DAZN. First month free. So far so good. Steady stream..no buffering. Will probably get it for the year when trial period is up.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:46 AM
pun intended

Rewards: 62,186
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 73715
Likes (Received): 33459
Blue Jays total 19 runs scored Monday
Argos first seven games this season: 14, 7, 17, 21, 16, 0 (!), 27
Old 08-13-2019, 11:50 PM

Rewards: 1,504
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 560
Likes (Received): 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth wager View Post
Blue Jays total 19 runs scored Monday
Argos first seven games this season: 14, 7, 17, 21, 16, 0 (!), 27

CFL has started already? Wait they've played 7 games already?

Tags
angst, start, thread, venting, year