Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > >

UFC, MMA, Boxing, etc Talk it up, anything related to Boxing, Wrestling, Ultimate Fighting, & all Martial Arts.

Likes Likes:  0

Old 09-05-2020, 02:36 PM
@j_devro

Rewards: 11,430
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 99
Likes (Received): 107
UFC on ESPN+ 34: September 5, 2020

Let's go goddamnit.

Fabinski -147 over Muniz

Just the physical and endurance edge. If 'Butcher' Fabinski shows up he will grind Muniz from the standing clinch from pillar to post. Fabinski is an extreme grinder. One way to enjoy his fights is to lay cash on him. Predictable fighter whom no one is able to escape.

Araujo -170 over De La Rosa

Again the physical edge here is to Araujo. Advantage in the standup as well. De La Rosa has 0 KOs on her record. Both her and her husband are kind of soft submission type fighters. Not physcial. They both have subpar standup as well. Araujo should be able to keep this fight standup and outpoint De La Rosa. I wouldn't rule out a finish here. Just don't like either of the De La Rosa's to be honest.

Moises -132 over Turner

Moises is a tough, relentless fighter. The kind of guy you want to lay your hard earned cash on. Turner has a bunch of KOs on his record and he will try to KO Moises here but with a good gameplan (take Turner down, make him grapple) I believe Moises has a pretty clean route to victory here. Moises showed off his toughness in his last fight after getting his ass beat by Michael Johnson in the 1st round, he came back strong in the 2nd, got him down and turned him into a pretzel. Turner will be in trouble here if this fight goes to the ground. Moises should be able to take it, he looked fairly good taking it in his last fight against a much tighter boxer in Michael Johnson. Get the 6'3 Turner to the ground and wrap it up. Simple.

Menifield -127 over St Preux

St. Preux going back to LHW after a terrible fight against Ben Rothwell at HW. The guy just doesn't throw enough. With Menifield's plow ahead style and power, he should be able to make St. Preux uncomfortable in there. The guy is so green, it's tough to take him but I feel I have to. Menifield proved to have a pretty good gas tank in his last fight. This fight looks like it could be a 'banger' but this likely ends up a boring decision where St Preux is gun shy and Menifield just hunts and throws the odd punch. Fight should lack volume or excitement even though it looks as if it might be. Fight should go to the more aggressive fighter here in Menifield. Fight should be a lack luster standup fight where St. Preux is backpeddling. Two plodding strikers with the potential to end the fight but I don't see it here. That slide uppercut St Preux hit Pat Cummins with seems to be many moons ago now.

The Romanov/De Lima fight shouldn't go too long. Both guys look like they drive mack trucks for a living. Romanov has never gone to decision in his wins and De Lima is a killed or be killed type who has about 7 minutes endurance in em'.

Cole Smith at ~+200 might be the dog to be on in this card. There is a lot of favorites winning tonight but Smith is the dog i'm looking at. Azure seems to be a good grappler but is willing to also sling his punches. Very green fighter. I just feel like Smith is dangerous on the ground here and is a threat to submit Azure if he decides to wrestle this time. Azure was knocked cold in his last fight by Kelleher so his approach maybe to wrestle a little more here. That might favor Smith.

So let's go.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:37 PM

Rewards: 128,528
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 14530
Likes (Received): 32120
Thiago Moises isn't fighting.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:44 PM
@j_devro

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
Thiago Moises isn't fighting.
Indeed. Sad, might've been the one I liked most tonight.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:55 PM

Rewards: 128,528
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 14530
Likes (Received): 32120
Good luck
Old 09-05-2020, 03:18 PM
@j_devro

Post Thanks / Like