Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > > >

Politics Political discussion will only be allowed in here.

Likes Likes:  0

Old 07-20-2019, 11:26 AM
Watching all football

Rewards: 2,286
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 935
Likes (Received): 999
Donald Trump is a kind of old style President

I have taken some quotes. Our "Declaration of Independence" has these words.

Quote:
"Laws of Nature and of Nature's God"
"All Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator"
"a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence"
When Melania Started out a gathering with "Let us pray", I thought he was a lock for 2020. If you read the comments on the link, you will read comments like:

Quote:
Paul McWhorter, 2 years ago; In my lifetime I can not remember this ever happening before. Amen and Amen! What an elegant first lady. May prayer once again become a public part of our heritage.

In an article about why Hollywood movies are so bad, you can read;
Back in 1940, the Academy Award nominees for Best Picture were: "The Wizard of Oz", "Stagecoach", "Gone with the Wind", "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington", Goodbye, Mr. Chips", "Of Mice and Men", "Wuthering Heights", "Ninotchka", "Love Affair", and "Dark Victory."

But something deeper is at play. Hollywood has abandoned America. When they do make serious films, they're almost always of the most predictable ultra-liberal sort. They're effectively working for a niche audience, satisfying a limited number of people. Outside the popcorn movies, they've become increasingly insular and precious.

Besides that, conservative financiers are leaving large chunks of money on the table. Half the country feels neglected by Hollywood, yet those same people love movies, too. When a patriotic film such as 2013's "Lone Survivor" or 2015's "American Sniper", comes out, the audiences turn out in droves. The grosses for 2004's "The Passion of Christ" were nothing short of extraordinary;($612 million worldwide on a $30 million production budget.) it's almost as if the audience was starving.
Why Are Hollywood Movies So Bad?

In a "Justice with Jeanine" street walking episode before Trump's birthday, Jeanine asks a dozen people what they would give the president for a present. A good looking thirtysomething woman replies "a condom." Her friend nods her head in agreement. Clearly, a suggestion the pair wants sex with him. Only one older woman said an impeachment. This is within walking distance of Fox News in midtown NYC.

My first political post was in a thread by a member who wanted to leave the country because of Trump. I said Trump is practically a commie compared to Ted Cruz and will end our wars and not start new wars.

Many pundits have said the Generals always include the enemy casualty count in a military action so Trump was wrong about the airstrike after the drone shoot down. But that was before a Deep State General might intentionally leave it out. Trump was smart enough to ask for a count and 150 came back.

I have it on good authority that Pres. Carter, on a request from PEOTUS Reagan, ordered a fleet of bombers to fly in plain sight in international waters near Iran. The Iranians released our hostages before Reagan was sworn in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9HRkawYLLA

Peace is good for business.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:22 PM
Watching all football

Rewards: 2,286
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 935
Likes (Received): 999
2016 Presidential Election
Candidate Party Popular Votes

Hillary R. Clinton Democratic 65,845,063
Donald J. Trump Republican 62,980,160

+65,845,063

If the incumbent president cannot flip 2 million voters, I will be surprised.

5dimes has "can Donald trump vs field win the popular vote in 2020?
Yes +250
No -350

I think he can do it but the question is: is 15 months and 15 days too much time to wait or can another investment pay off better?

Peace is good for business.

Tags
good, hollywood, movies, people, trump