Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > > >

Politics Political discussion will only be allowed in here.

Likes Likes:  6

Old 01-30-2020, 07:37 PM

Rewards: 78,683
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 785
Likes (Received): 1917
Just a thought or two for today

First off ,if you don't like my thoughts don't fuckin read them!
Note to God! I know I am on shaky ground in my attempt to make it
to Heaven, but I am hoping that when my time comes, I will be standing
in line with a bunch of Politicians of both parties! Figure that will really give me a shot, as none of those will get through the gates!
We have created a generation of people who have not one whit of common
sense. They have been led to this by us allowing our schools to be taken
over by those who rewrite history and worry more about feelings than helping our youth to learn that life ain't easy, never has been, never will
be and you have to learn howto cope with it. Statistics don't lie-
1 in 5 children have mental health problems!
1n the last 15 years there has been a 43% increase in diagnosed ADHD!
37 % increase in adolescent depression!
200% increase in the suicide rate of children 10-14!
What now is Digitally distracted parents, inadequate sleep and unbalanced nutrition, a sedentary lifestyle, a sense of right, of deserving everything
without earning it or being responsible for obtaining it! Endless stimulation
technological nannies, instant gratification, an absence of boring moments
which is where creativity starts,
and no understanding of how to cope with failure
We are now being told that we must believe the man who Schiff and other
Democrats have called a pathological liar, conspiracy therorist and who has lied in at least 2 interviews about what he has supposedly written in his
book, which I have listened to and watched him doing! Honest to God,, how stupid do you really think the American People are? That was a rhetorical
question! Schiff now says he likes Bolton a lot more than before
House Democrats have pretty much thrown in the towel on this
impeachment, but are already planning the next 2, hoping that this is the way to defeat Trump in 20! Nothing else will get done for the country til the
election is over! Sad and Shitty is what is going on
Just the thoughts of an old fart!
Old 01-30-2020, 10:10 PM

Rewards: 44,769
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1347
Likes (Received): 1907
Your post hits home in several ways

Just last Friday my wife and I had an appointment with my 9 year olds pediatrician to talk about his behaviors. My wife is a teacher and has been for almost 25 years and has been against meds. We feel it is the parents responsibility to address all situations and respond accordingly.

My wife and I ran out of options and after talking with the pediatrician and taking some tests, our child needs help!

He has mentioned suicide several times and my wife actually walked into his room after he got in trouble and he had a bag over his head and told my wife that he was going to "bag himself", he is 9!

It is very real in this house hold because my brother committed suicide almost 3 years ago. We are the types of parents that are very involved, hands on, and disciplinary. What you posted pretty much outlines my son to a tee (hard to read actually) but we have tried and tried but now seeking something else to help him develop. He has not made a B in his school history, so he is smart and bright, but there is something there that he can't get control of and he has serious meltdowns because of it.

Obviously my wife and I created him, but he is nothing like us outside of tall and athletic (my wife is smart, so he didn't get that side from me)

I agree with the technology, but we have limited screen time very strictly, reward and punish them accordingly.

Hard to deal with, hard to watch, but most of all it was hard to hear what our pediatrician had to say about the results.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:58 AM

Rewards: 78,683
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 785
Likes (Received): 1917
I hope for his sake and your family's sake that things will get better. will put you on
the prayer list! My post was a generalization of my beliefs in what I am seeing going
on in my area and what I can read and observe in our country. We have 2 grandchildren
6 and 9 and we are scared about what they are growing up with.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:02 PM

Rewards: 8,341
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 805
Likes (Received): 745
Satch,

Unfortunately, I have experience with this. I have no words to offer other than Godspeed to you, your wife, and child as you traverse the next part of this journey we call life.

You mentioned he does well in history - if history interests him, and you're trying to get him to spend time away from digital stuff/games, maybe buy him a few books written for his age group, on history, the American Revolution, Civil War, or something a young boy might be interested in like Greek mythology (Bullfinch has some excellent stuff), something he can absorb himself in and take his mind away from troubles. Books are both escapism AND education. Maybe it will help.

Last edited by Mr. NASCAR; 01-31-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:26 PM

Rewards: 44,769
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1347
Likes (Received): 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. NASCAR View Post
Satch,

Unfortunately, I have experience with this. I have no words to offer other than Godspeed to you, your wife, and child as you traverse the next part of this journey we call life.

You mentioned he does well in history - if history interests him, and you're trying to get him to spend time away from digital stuff/games, maybe buy him a few books written for his age group, on history, the American Revolution, Civil War, or something a young boy might be interested in like Greek mythology (Bullfinch has some excellent stuff), something he can absorb himself in and take his mind away from troubles. Books are both escapism AND education. Maybe it will help.
I guess I wrote that wrong. What I meant to say is that he made straight A's his whole life (not one B).

He reads a lot and it does help when he is not having a meltdown.

Thanks for the kind words
Old 02-02-2020, 09:00 PM
Used Register

Rewards: 244,172
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5512
Likes (Received): 3280
So sorry to hear this about your son satch. It sounds like he is TOO bright and too young to be able to deal with his issues on his own. That has to be devastatingly painful as a parent. We will hold your son and your family in our prayers as we have in the past. Thank you for sharing and if there is anything we can do to help going forward don't hesitate to ask.
May God bless and watch over your son.

Last edited by BFDwager; 02-02-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Tags
cope, democrats, increase, people, schiff